Being A Muslim

Salaam

For the first few years of our life, most of us obediently and blindly followed our Muslim parents, we had very little choice in this matter…this may have been due to lack of freedom AND knowledge.

However, as we grew older and were exposed to other ideas around us, we no longer blindly followed everything we saw/heard from our family…. We had to go back to Islam in order understand WHY we’re practicing it….

Having this understanding of WHY we're practicing something makes us do it all the more better…

So why are YOU a Muslim? I mean, what’s so great about Islam?

Why should we adhere to the main teachings of Islam? What’s in it for us?

For you what strikes out the most about Islam? What makes you WANT to be a Muslim?

There are so many reasons, so many arguments, which prove to us why we should practise Islam… However, I’m interested in collecting some of the best reasons.

I want to know what YOU think is so great about Islam…(no text book style answers please).

Wasalaam

Hmm what strikes me about islam, the true practicing people who make you realise this world is nothing and the next life when you please Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) you will actually truly experience the best.

The perfection of Islam, it has the answers for everythin, the Quran and Sunnah have the complete way of life, there is nothin that islam leaves out, it has a say for everything.

The rights women receive, no one not even the current western world has given these rights to women even yet when they are suposed to be moving forward...

everything makes sense

simple as

Islam, i believe, has a solution to all problems and is systematic and logic

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I'm a Muslim COS

1-Islam gives women rights-which stupid cavemen cant take away

2-u can keep away from stupid, immature boys cos thats what Islam requires for women

3-u can sit at home all day long-just eating choc cake and looking after ur kids AND get extremly high reward for it-no one can call u a lazy bum...u can be a lady of leisure and get into heavne

4-men are required to take care of women

5-u are a daughter and ur favoured, ur become a mother and ur also highly favoured

6-good things happen to good people-bad things happen to bad people-God is JUST

....I'll add to this list daily

I am muslim coz I was born muslim.

Allah gave me the gift of Islam.

He can give anyone the gift, and if we are not thankful, he can take it away.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
everything makes sense

simple as

Islam, i believe, has a solution to all problems and is systematic and logic

well said agree with YOU!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

For the first few years of our life, most of us obediently and blindly followed our Muslim parents, we had very little choice in this matter…this may have been due to lack of freedom AND knowledge.

However, as we grew older and were exposed to other ideas around us, we no longer blindly followed everything we saw/heard from our family…. We had to go back to Islam in order understand WHY we’re practicing it….

Having this understanding of WHY we're practicing something makes us do it all the more better…

Why should we adhere to the main teachings of Islam? What’s in it for us?

For you what strikes out the most about Islam? What makes you WANT to be a Muslim?

There are so many reasons, so many arguments, which prove to us why we should practise Islam… However, I’m interested in collecting some of the best reasons.

I want to know what YOU think is so great about Islam…(no text book style answers please).

Wasalaam

I went through that with Christianity, still do to a certain degree. God wants people to choose him, and not merely be left with no choices.

As you say there is no compulsion in religion - and merely inheriting your religion from your parents is to some degree an act of inflicted compulsion.

You really should be asking yourself that question everyday.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
first few years of our life, most of us obediently and blindly followed our Muslim parents, we had very little choice in this matter…this may have been due to lack of freedom AND knowledge.

that just sucks innit?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

the koran is a mathamaticillay composed and scientifically proven scripture, it can be transalated in many 'interesting' ways, it is also immensly entertaining. thats not the reason i follow it but its the reason i wont reject it.

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Constantine" wrote:

As you say there is no compulsion in religion - and merely inheriting your religion from your parents is to some degree an act of inflicted compulsion.

yes but as a person grows older they have a CHOICE

even if their parents brought them up as Muslims its up to them if they wish to practise it

wont u bring up ur kids as christains?

lilsis if ur kids grow up and say they wanna be athiests what will u do?

I am a muslim because ALLAH gave me islam. I have no other reason apart from this is from ALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Subhanallah!

Budda, i think all of us here will Inshallah give our children the best Islamic environment and education we can.

and when you present someone with the truth in such a way, how can they deviate from it?

children who grow up as muslims coz of the parents, and then turn away, IMO have a lack of understanding (or recieved a lack of education) and/or are brainwashed or misguided from other influences

also Budda, please note that you should treat the Holy Quran, the word of God, with the utmost respect, and not brandish it cheaply as 'entertainment'. it is not Sky Two.

people used to mock the beloved Nabi (saw), saying that the Quran was man-made, due to the bueatiful flowing lines which also conveyed beatiful messages simultaneoulsy. they regarded it as poetry. one of the Surah's (according to the Juz 30 book i have) was believed to be revealed partly to answer these people

you dont wanna be doing that :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

who's budda?

my bad, Judda

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

to be precice the enjoyment of the litrature of the koran is highly exagerated.

not one of my arab brothers have had tears roling down thier cheeks upon hearing the word of god.

someone years ago managed to write a poem and the eloquence of the litrature matched the koran.

i am NOT being disrespectful i is just being honest.

The mathamatical code in the koran impresses me more then the litrature.

the code is impossible to imitate, whearas the litrature isn't.

its the word of god, not the numbers :roll:

get over your obsession with the number 19!!! if it has any mathmatical wonders, its a bonus. the word is more important - its the manual of life

you dont work a tv based on how many pages it has, rather what it says, and you go by that

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

dude number 19 aint the only miracle in the koran- i is well impressed with god Biggrin

god doesnt need to impress you!!

you should seek to impress god

i wont talk to you now, shoo you vile creature...ur hardly worth bieng late to uni for Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

yes but as a person grows older they have a CHOICE

even if their parents brought them up as Muslims its up to them if they wish to practise it

wont u bring up ur kids as christains?

Oh certainly.

But if my kids or anyone for that matter never really went any deeper than following the edicts of their parents - they never really are Christian since they haven't so much accepted Christ as they have never really explored any other alternatives - haven't chosen him.

I think that's important for any religion - it makes you stronger.

"Constantine" wrote:

But if my kids or anyone for that matter never really went any deeper than following the edicts of their parents - they never really are Christian since they haven't so much accepted Christ as they have never really explored any other alternatives - haven't chosen him.

I think that's important for any religion - it makes you stronger.

huh?

what do u mean "explore any other alternatives"?

ma brother used to be wahabi, then graveworshipper now khalifite.

what if ur kids jump from one religion to another?

and how does it make u stronger?

exploring others mean u may have to mix and match and get all muddled up....

Salaam

What I meant was…what exactly does Islam offer YOU?

Most of us are Muslims because our parents were Muslim’s. However, those of us who practice their religion do it entirely out of personal choice I’m sure.

To me, Islam is all about peace, security, reassurance, comfort; it’s sort of like a safety net….It gives you an identity, a sense of belonging….
Belief in the superior Being makes life a lot easier to deal with…the idea that a superior Being is looking after you, watching you, listening to you, diverting trials and tribulations away from you, caring for you and wanting only good things for you…makes life a lot more enjoyable and bearable.

To me, Islam is the only way out, the only way to survive and the answer to all your problems….and it’s your shortcut to happiness and contentment in this world and the hereafter…

Wasalaam

"Judda" wrote:

huh?

what do u mean "explore any other alternatives"?

ma brother used to be wahabi, then graveworshipper now khalifite.

what if ur kids jump from one religion to another?

and how does it make u stronger?

exploring others mean u may have to mix and match and get all muddled up....

Judda it's a Christian concept.

You cannot be given Christ as your first birthday gift, you must accept him willingly to truly be a Christian. Consequently it is important for Christians to keep asking questions. I personally think it's important for people to look at other religions. I don't believe in this "it works for me" nonsense, however when you explore other religions you get a better feeling for why your religion works, afterall only a convert could tell you what your religion has and others do not.

I'm coming from a Christian background - and those are Christian concepts but I think they apply to any religion. You have to own your religion, it cannot be that you just inherit it.

so what if ur kids dont inherit it and they reject it?

"Judda" wrote:

You try your best to convince them. If they still choose to reject your religion, there is nothing you can do....

There is NO compulsion in religion.

i know some muslims who wud kill thier kids if they choose to be kafir.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:

You try your best to convince them. If they still choose to reject your religion, there is nothing you can do....

Yes

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:

Yes

No you cant force them to be muslim. But once a muslim, if they renegade then they deserve death. SIMPLE AS. (obviusly you answer their doubts first and give them time , months even to think about it)

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Many years ago I read the Koran's translation and with the opening soorat i realised that had i not been a Muslim i would be after reading that.

Islam has shown me how to love, it is a love like no other.

i find that our natures are preprogrammed to accept Islam. All the humanitarian tendancies we have, all that is pure in us is drawn to Islam

i feel that without this gift i would be an animal lost in the haze of materialism and uncertainty, hard like a stone without purpose, without the knowledge of true love

everything i did would be a poor imitation

about being a muslim, i heard that before we were born we had a choice to what religion we wanna follow, so if chosen islam we were born in the world muslims,

is it true? dont have a clue

Salam

I follow Al-Islam, The Peace, as a Religion because this is what Moses, David, Jesus, Rama, Krishna, Buddah, and Muhammad all preached.

If they had preached any other religion, I would happily accept it.

Omrow

"Med" wrote:
No you cant force them to be muslim. But once a muslim, if they renegade then they deserve death. SIMPLE AS. (obviusly you answer their doubts first and give them time , months even to think about it)

What?

Need some clarification on this...

Pages