What Is An 'Infidel' ?

Definition
infidel Show phonetics
noun [C or U] OLD USE DISAPPROVING
someone who does not have the same religious beliefs as the person speaking:
He lived among infidels/the infidel.
infidel armies

(used%20especially%20between%20Christians%20and%20Muslims)%20someone%20who%20does%20not%20have%20the%20same%20religious%20beliefs%20as%20the%20person%20speaking:He%20lived%20among%20infidels/the%20infidel.infidel%20armies

Jacket image of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary

infidel

/infid’l/

• noun chiefly archaic a person who has no religion or whose religion is not that of the majority.

— ORIGIN Latin infidelis, from in- ‘not’ + fidelis ‘faithful’

Interesting stuff. You know how people have hijacked Islam with their disproportionate and radical views, is it not time the true Jewish population ridded itself of those who claim to represent them ?

Just so i understand, by those definitions would say... a 'Muslim' [By identity, not necessarily faith or practice] who lived amongst say... a solely Christian community, be an infidel?

Why is it used so negatively? I've never considered actual definitions but i automatically associated it with 'bad' people...

But I'd think someone breaking free from the shackles that be convention and majority votes could be a positive thing....

For example, would the 'idol worshippers' of his time declare a prophet an 'infidel'?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

referring to the zionists who claim to represent Judaism, however they do seem to outnumber 'orthodox' Jews.

i always thougt infidel meant someone who has left islam

SMILE! its charity Wink

BDB wrote:

referring to the zionists who claim to represent Judaism, however they do seem to outnumber 'orthodox' Jews.

if they claim to represent something that (according to you) they don't actually, believe or have faith in.... isn't that more Hypocrisy?

If Zionism isn't within Judaism then surely those people AREN'T 'Jewish' but are actually 'Zionists'?

And if Zionists outnumber 'orthodox Jewish' people, then aren't the 'Orthodox Jewish' people the 'infidels' according to those definitions?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Doesn't it mean 'someone from Cuba'?

Or is that 'in Fidel'?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I would have thought that would be someone doing things to Castro...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

One man's infidel is another's hero.
Hey, I've got a question about Satanism. If they believe in Satan and God, how/why do they believe that Satan is in the right? Just something that I've been wondering and what are their stance on moral issues.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

So they just do it out of fear?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

The Lamp wrote:
One man's infidel is another's hero.
Hey, I've got a question about Satanism. If they believe in Satan and God, how/why do they believe that Satan is in the right? Just something that I've been wondering and what are their stance on moral issues.

Well if your assumption is correct, my guess is that they want something that they can only get off the black market. Or its faster/easier off the blackmarket.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

No, I was aksing what Satan will do to them. If they believe that Satan is stronger that God (naudhubillah), then surely they fear Satan?