Music

i don't give a damn if music is banned!

I like pop music i hate classical stuff.

what type of music do u guys like and hate?

What's wrong with classical?!

I like Classical, Jazz, Alternative Jazz, anything from south of the border, country, and good hiphop/rap.

Sick of "gangsta rap" that's gay - Mos Def is my man.

Get the song fear not of man - and listen real close to the background when he starts talkin about what hip hop is.

I also like Kanye, Talib Kwali, Common, Tribe Called Quest, and some newish rb stuff like Craig David if you can call him that.

Mos def is allright, wern't he a panther?
i think in one of his songs he says bush knocked down the towers..

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
Mos def is allright, wern't he a panther?
i think in one of his songs he says bush knocked down the towers..

I dunno bout a panther but jadakiss was the jadakass who sang bush knocked down the towers.

Never thought jada was all that impressive before hand.

Actually I think Mos Def and Talib Kwali come from pretty educated backgrounds - I know talib went to NYU not so sure about MD.

I'd be surprised if they were mixed up with the Panthers.

I like S club 7 and S club juniors and 50 cent.

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

yeh im sure Mos Def also said bush knocked them down, will try and dig out the mp3.
edit.. heres the mp3

re panther, 2pacs tribute album, 'the rose that grew from concrete' mos def did a bit of poetry 'pride of the panther'..

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

any one like charlotte church?

"Judda" wrote:

I assume that's a joke. :?

"khan" wrote:
yeh im sure Mos Def also said bush knocked them down, will try and dig out the mp3.
edit.. heres the mp3

re panther, 2pacs tribute album, 'the rose that grew from concrete' mos def did a bit of poetry 'pride of the panther'..

wow.. what a fag.

Eh well he still makes good songs, unlike jada who's always been pretty bad.

A lot of blacks [i]talk[/i] about panther pride and stuff but there are very few that are actually members - kinda like the NOI. I don't find it particularly offensive sense organizations like the panthers are totally powerless. It's disappointing to hear people whose opinions I generally have a little more respect for throw their hats in with em though.

Mos Def's lyrics are always pretty good and I like how he experiments with different kinds of music ya know? Like that song freaky black greetings, although I don't particularly like hard rock it's nice to see him goin out on a limb like that.

Talib has got some good lyrics - he's def a black militant but he does make a lot of good points about culture.

Never liked 2pac... him and dre started that whole gangsta rap movement that destroyed rap and churned out self righteous blockheads like 50 cent.

Although I gotta give 2pac credit of any of the gansta rap guys he was prolly the most talented.

Everything now is derived everything sounds the same:

They basically tell you they are rich.
They are dangerous (because of guns, homefries or knives)
They have girls.
They want to get said girls into their "burfday suit"
They are good at rapping.

There is only so much one can stand.

I'm not a player... I just crush a lot.

i find black history fascinating..

Martin Luther King, discusses Race with J. Waites Waring.

I was shocked to discover that white americans back in the days actually believed that the Negro was a half man.

Sadly events after 9/11 and Katrina, shows americans in general still tolerate racism and religous bias. It sad to think Martin Luther King gave his life in Vain, it is hoped people who do watch this program can be moved to change their mind on racism and religous bias.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"khan" wrote:
i find black history fascinating..

Martin Luther King, discusses Race with J. Waites Waring.

I was shocked to discover that white americans back in the days actually believed that the Negro was a half man.

Sadly events after 9/11 and Katrina, shows americans in general still tolerate racism and religous bias. It sad to think Martin Luther King gave his life in Vain, it is hoped people who do watch this program can be moved to change their mind on racism and religous bias.

Actually there was a time in which a black person was considered 3/5s of a man and that was written in the constitution.

Old South esp alabama and sadly south carolina was insane, it's got a lot to do with the civil war but prolly not in the way you guys would know it.

I'm unconvinced that there was any racial bias in katrina (and where are you seeing religious?) fema was a disaster waiting to happen. But what did rear it's ugly head was the institutionalized racism of economic disparity.

The education system is absolutely criminal - my high school's annual endowment was 600 million dollars. There are some schools in the inner cities of Boston that are working with about 2000 dollars per student.

The sad part is a few simple tax laws could change that predicament and give people in urban areas a better shot at success.

It's the detritus of capitalism that democracy is supposed to pick up the responsibility for.

religious racism = guantanamo.. for starters

but u gotta watch that debate.. i must admit some of the stuff Judge waring said made me laugh..

Quote:
JUDGE WARING: Mr. Heffner, I think it's excellent; it's an excellent summary. My observation of the Negro, and I’m speaking in generalities, of course, has been that up to recently he has been a half-man, or a part-man, and now he at last is waking up to the fact that he's a whole man, that he's an American citizen, and that he is entitled to rights, no more, no less, than just the ordinary run of the mill American citizen.

He's never had that before; he hasn't been allowed to have it. He's been under political domination; he’s been oppressed; he had deprivation; he's been a servant, formerly a slave; and now suddenly I see the idea has come to him that he’s really, truly a man that can stand up on his own hind legs and tell the truth, and say, “I want not any special privilege, I don’t want any special handout; I don’t want to be given anything, because the giving idea is all wrong. But I want a chance to become a full man and do my part, be it little or be it big, in the community of our country.”

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"khan" wrote:
religious racism = guantanamo.. for starters

but u gotta watch that debate.. i must admit some of the stuff Judge waring said made me laugh..

Quote:
JUDGE WARING: Mr. Heffner, I think it's excellent; it's an excellent summary. My observation of the Negro, and I’m speaking in generalities, of course, has been that up to recently he has been a half-man, or a part-man, and now he at last is waking up to the fact that he's a whole man, that he's an American citizen, and that he is entitled to rights, no more, no less, than just the ordinary run of the mill American citizen.

He's never had that before; he hasn't been allowed to have it. He's been under political domination; he’s been oppressed; he had deprivation; he's been a servant, formerly a slave; and now suddenly I see the idea has come to him that he’s really, truly a man that can stand up on his own hind legs and tell the truth, and say, “I want not any special privilege, I don’t want any special handout; I don’t want to be given anything, because the giving idea is all wrong. But I want a chance to become a full man and do my part, be it little or be it big, in the community of our country.”

Eh, I don't see "religious racism" in Gitmo if such a ridiculous thing even exists.

It's always been used to hold more dangerous military prisoners. If Islamists weren't attacking us it would probably house the more sociopathic dictators of Latin America.

This is an interesting debate with Martin Luther King. Gotta say it's rather painful to hear the way they talk "happy negro" and such really makes ya cringe doesn't it?

It's interesting that some of these thoughts don't die - they just transform. This is coming from a guy that doesn't think racism can be cured - just managed and beat down whenever it shows up. But this idea of the "happy negro" who willingly wears his chains is so reminiscent of that idiotic thought so often expressed in the South that blacks are lazy and don't want to work - and that's why they are unemployed.

All this discussion about violence and the Judge pointing out Ghandi and Jesus being killed is chillingly prophetic isn't it?

I don't think Rev. King died in vain, I think he really started something and got these issues out onto the table in a nonviolent all inclusive kind of way. I haven't seen anybody really do that at all. Of course I respect him even more as a truely Christian man - who I doubt I could ever emulate, I think he's also an example of citizenship.

I dunno... i'm never willing to completely give up on his dream - and i'd be lying to say that the part of me that holds on, is the part that he inspired through his life and death.

Music.

I listen to all sorts... classical, pop, hip hop, RnB, Rap etc etc.

I just hate songs where every other word is a swear... cant stand them.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
Music.

Yea that really bugs me...

Hey what classical do you listen to??

"Constantine" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
Music.

When i say classical i mean classical classical.... we're talking mozart... vivaldi etc.... yes that makes me a little sad... i knw. But i dont care... you're not the boss of me.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
Music.

When i say classical i mean classical classical.... we're talking mozart... vivaldi etc.... yes that makes me a little sad... i knw. But i dont care... you're not the boss of me.

lol I know... I like classical too.

I mean what period - romanticism classicism 20 century?

I'm a pretty big fan of the symphonies from the romantic and 20th century artists but the chamber music of the classicists really hold me.

Always had a soft spot for Boccherini

I like much of the romantic era but i just dont get anything by bach.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Bach's fugues are amazing - however I think you can only really get a good impression of them once you hear them transcribed to full orchestra. The Leopold Stokowski transcription of toccata and fugue, and the schoenberg transcription of the St. Anne are really phenomenal - I have got the Esa Pekka CD i'll rip those two and try to put up a link for you

"Constantine" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

Bach's fugues are amazing - however I think you can only really get a good impression of them once you hear them transcribed to full orchestra. The Leopold Stokowski transcription of toccata and fugue, and the schoenberg transcription of the St. Anne are really phenomenal - I have got the Esa Pekka CD i'll rip those two and try to put up a link for you

Perhaps... but i just have difficulty trying to imagine what the mood or point of some of his pieces are... that why i prefer Vivaldi. Much more my thing.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

Perhaps... but i just have difficulty trying to imagine what the mood or point of some of his pieces are... that why i prefer Vivaldi. Much more my thing.

A lot of the time he is just trying to play around with themes (like the infamous "BACH" theme from his art of fugue) but a lot of his themes and points are religious inspired emotions.

I think they come out really well in the Schoenberg St Anne and the Stokowski Toccata and Fugue.

Which I have uploaded for you!

I like Vivaldi's four seasons but I find much of the rest of his chamber work somewhat tedious and lacking in depth, boccherini really is the pinnacle of chamber music in my eyes.

Heh. Some company the other day put me on hold to musak - well, Spring. When the guy came back online I said 'It's Autumn.' He said.. 'Err. yes' Again I said, 'but it's Autumn'. Again he says 'Erm yes. What's your point?'. I said 'Why are you playing Spring?' He went 'HUH?!' I said 'You're playing Spring on your musak, when it's Autumn.' He said 'No, we have music on there!'

Yeah

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

Yes

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"irfghan" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:

I assume that's a joke. :?

nah i'm serious

i also liston to my sister's spice girls CD

This reminds me of my last year in sixth form, me and my mate sean were in the computer section of the library next to this year 8 kid doing some work.

This kid goes to Sean: "What music do you listen to?"
so Sean asks: "What music do [i]you[/i] listen to?"
So the kid says: "Underground stuff, and goes on to name artists from that genre."

Then Sean says: "What about Mozart, Bach or Hayden? They're pretty underground."

He was taking the mick of course, but a second later we both realized he'd untentionally cracked a great joke and he added: "In fact, they're about as underground (i.e. under the ground) as you get!"

It was hillarious Biggrin . But the kid didn't get it, which was annoying. :evil:

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

i don't get it either :evil:

You're not by any cahance in year 8/9 are you?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
You're not by any cahance in year 8/9 are you?

I dont understand this year 8/9 system...what age is a person if they are in yr 8/9 and does the person be in primary or secondary school?

okay, secondary schools (in southern England, i.e. the portion of England south of Hadrians wall) have a 5 year system, you get to year 7 first aged either 11 or 12, then each September progress up a year. Sixth form is just college, sort of and kinda count as years 12 and 13.

And judda, the joke was basically these guys are dead and buried, i.e. burried underground.

Pages