'When I grow up I want to be.....'

149 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Judda" wrote:
There is no need to be so mean!

When i was 8 years old i wanted to be an imam (but when i was 5 i wanted to be god) but at the age of 14 i have changed my mind. I want to be a wrestler and a rugby player.

Ed honestly u can be really mean sometimes!

give the boy some encouragement!

im not being mean...
being a scholar is the best thing one can wish for...
but if you are too strict, rigid, a bit out of date, a bit too cultural, see everything as black and white, lock women up, discourage them in playing an active role in the mosque and society, look down on non practising or weak Muslims, have the taliban mentality, promote scholars who label the muslim world as mushriks and bid'atees....
so i wont encourage him!

so what? :roll:

all scholers are wierdos :roll:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:
There is no need to be so mean!

When i was 8 years old i wanted to be an imam (but when i was 5 i wanted to be god) but at the age of 14 i have changed my mind. I want to be a wrestler and a rugby player.

Ed honestly u can be really mean sometimes!

give the boy some encouragement!

im not being mean...
being a scholar is the best thing one can wish for...
but if you are too strict, rigid, a bit out of date, a bit too cultural, see everything as black and white, lock women up, discourage them in playing an active role in the mosque and society, look down on non practising or weak Muslims, have the taliban mentality, promote scholars who label the muslim world as mushriks and bid'atees....
so i wont encourage him!

LOL

Mr Ed's back

I agree with u

certain people in position create more problems then they solve

I'm sorry, but I think that was totally uncalled for, Ed.

You may have a personal thing against Med - heck, he's annoyed the rest of us at times, but haven't we all been irritating to someone at some point? Don't say no, because you're irritating me right now..

Whatever you may think of Med, how the heck do you know that studying and practising in the correct path won't be a good thing for him? How do you know he won't end up a good Alim?

Who made you so holier than thou that you can talk down to someone when they express such noble intentions?

:evil:

I'm going to eat.

Wassalaam.

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

Ed; while learning Islam a person should grow with the understanding.

They will not be the same as they were without the knowledge.

knowledge forces one to ponder, which helps change the individual into a less accusatory person.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

When I gro up I wanna be like this Californian dude in our Faculty office. (I'm assuming he's Californian cos he has the same accent as Shaykh Hamza Yusuf).

He is so cool, and by that I mean, he looks normal, He acts normally, and speaks normally...Except he seems genuine when he tries to help people sort there mess ups out.

From what Hayder tells me, taking agro off annoyed people day in day out is not fun, but this guy is only too willing to help and still manages to maintain an air of professionalism, now thats class!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
When I gro up I wanna be like this Californian dude in our Faculty office. (I'm assuming he's Californian cos he has the same accent as Shaykh Hamza Yusuf).

He is so cool, and by that I mean, he looks normal, He acts normally, and speaks normally...Except he seems genuine when he tries to help people sort there mess ups out.

From what Hayder tells me, taking agro off annoyed people day in day out is not fun, but this guy is only too willing to help and still manages to maintain an air of professionalism, now thats class!

You don't want to be a Californian.

Weird people over on that side of the country...

reaaally weird

Yeah but he makes up for all of them.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Med" wrote:
I want to be an alim, but more than just an alim I want to be an Ustaad of Hadeeth. For me teaching hadeetth is a major ambition. But also i want to learn all the recitations of Quran, and Islamic Calligraphy, and Islamic History. Also Islamic Medicine and poetry and be a Mufassir of Quran and be a mujahid and be a mufti. Lol. There is SOOOOOOOOOO much knowledge out there that I dont know where to start and which way to go.

But firstly inshaALLAH become a Qari who knows all recitations and complete dars e nizami. The later will decide which field I wish to pursue. Thing is you can become a Mufti if you do takhassus after the dars e nizami so its not necssary that you do takhassus in ifta and then just stick with giving fatawa. Rather you can then go and do takhassus in tafseer or hadeeth etc. Like I said, sooo much knowledge and branches out there. May ALLAH accept us for service to deen.
ameen.

mashallah good intentions ,may allah give you the ability to achieve your

goals....my bro just graduated from alim and nows stuck ..dsnt know

whether to take up the 1 year mufti or do some career, its such a hard

decision for him ..since hes been in daruloom for 11 years

"Aphrodite" wrote:

You may have a personal thing against Med - heck, he's annoyed the rest of us at times, but haven't we all been irritating to someone at some point? Don't say no, because you're irritating me right now..

Whatever you may think of Med, how the heck do you know that studying and practising in the correct path won't be a good thing for him? How do you know he won't end up a good Alim?

Who made you so holier than thou that you can talk down to someone when they express such noble intentions?

I'm going to eat.

Wassalaam.

Preach!!!

Im goin goin back to Cali Cali......Cali-For-N-I-A Baby Dirol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

I'm going to eat.

Wassalaam.

Preach!!!

Im goin goin back to Cali Cali......Cali-For-N-I-A Baby Dirol

Correction: That wasn't a preach, it was a kick-up-the-nether-regions-rant. Note the difference Blum 3

What's that thing you're attempting to throttle.. sorry... 'sing'.. ?

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

hey they both have similar names now! Med and Ed.

who'dav thunk it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
hey they both have similar names now! Med and Ed.

who'dav thunk it.

Don't say 'thunk', makes me think you're Omrosaurus incognito. Thunk is a machine. Be normal.

dont mock my singing :o

the best shower-room singer alive Blum 3

thunk??? its thought

i hate it when people make up thier own words :evil:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

My teachers say to us again and again: Knowledge does not give over even a portion of itself until and unless you give over your entire self to knowledge.

That's why inshaALLAH I think if a person is serious about gaining knowledge then he has to devote himself to it. Unfortunately, wretch that I am, I am not attentive nor devoted. Make dua that ALLAH opens up my heart.

Another saying I heard, is that he who wishes to become a scholar must be prepared to burn the night-lamp. Basically you have to work long hours especially at night.

I heard enough stories about ulama who spent hours in night going over their lessons and wretch that I am, I just sleep.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i wish i was a scholar... i could have done sooo much...
ah well..

never too late....

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
never too late....

i know of a grandmother who joined the 'Aalima course!! Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Respect to the Granny! Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

MashaALLAH to the Respected Grandmother.

I got an interesting piece of info that I would like to share. Today in indo-pak a person is deemed an alim once he has completed dars e nizami and that is true in a worldly technical sense but in reality being an alim means something different.

A point illustrates this.

A certain group of students were sitting in the masjid with their Respected Teacher. One of the students was a hafiz and was also doing dars e nizami, another student was only yet a hifz student, he had yet to complete his guardianship of Holy Quran. The Hafiz student was messing about and often talked in class and was sometimes not entirely behaving in a respectful way to the Respected Teacher; the other boy was less talkative and also tried to show humility and respect before his Teacher.
One day the Respected Teacher said to the hafiz student: ''Amr! You are a hafiz and you will most likely complete your books and graduate but you will remain a jahil!'' Then the Respected Teacher pointed at the other student who was yet to complete his hifz even and said to the effect: ''and this one, I do not know if he will complete his hifz even but he has already become an alim''

SubhanALLAH! Can any1 have such a honour from an Ustaad!? The point is being an alim is not about completing the course or the books, its about understanding, its about taqwa, its about constantly working to improve ones inner state. So I say that there are many graduates but true ulama I believe are few and far between. May ALLAH make us ulama and alimaat ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
So I say that there are many graduates but true ulama I believe are few and far between. May ALLAH make us ulama and alimaat ameen.

yes totally agree on this point

Quote:
assalamualiakum

is spelt wrong

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

hawk eyes!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
Mai Sharabi Sharabi

this is a cry for help isnt it dada-jaan?

Come on lets take you to AA (Alcoholics anonymous)

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

how'd u realise that, correction

"Med" wrote:
Quote:
Mai Sharabi Sharabi

this is a cry for help isnt it dada-jaan?

Come on lets take you to AA (Alcoholics anonymous)

no baita.......i have tried rehab and it didnt quite bring about any results

its qawali sunshine Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
assalamu-alykum

sorry for being pedantic but that is also a typo. If I may suggest:

assalaamu alaykum

or

assalaamu alaikum

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

isnt qawalli like songs.or is it more naat typa thing ?

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

its qawali sunshine

tut tut tut. drinking illegal substances and calling it qawali. Is that ur codeword?

U pooor man.

U have made sharab into your close friend, even giving it secret code words. Bechara!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

qawali is not song

nor is it naat

its qawali - its a sufi thing Wink

He is free, he is mad,