"from a Muslim to an anti-Islamist.,, thrilling and frightening..."

It seems that "bad culture" is not endemic just in/from the indian subcontinent.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I was just wondering whether she had done the "right" thing or not?

so many problems out there...

If you mean become "anti-islamic" as opposed to running away, raising the issues, or even just un-islamic, then the answer is no, she did not do the right thing.

Saying that, I have not seen/read any of her work.

Just checked and there are three times the number of people living in Africa as thought!

900 Million as opposed to 300 million.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

If you mean become "anti-islamic" as opposed to running away, raising the issues, or even just un-islamic, then the answer is no, she did not do the right thing.

so shes done wrong in the Islamic point of view by becoming anti-Islamic obviously,,
hmmm,, I dont what Im trying to say here or what point Im trying to raise,, but her culture seemed so messed up and I kept wondering while I was reading her interview,, why Islam is mentioned more than her culture,,stuff like that confuses and gives out the wrong viewpoint about Islam
but i suppose religion was not her priority when she was going through all that she mentioned
I think she did the best thing by running away and raising some of these issues so people can be helped,, but thats my opinion

"She now lives in hiding, but remains a major critic of radical Islam."
I dont understand what shes blaming Islam for exactly,,:S

You wrote:

Saying that, I have not seen/read any of her work.

Ive never heard of her until I read that either,,

You wrote:

Just checked and there are three times the number of people living in Africa as thought!

900 Million as opposed to 300 million.

you learn something everyday

If Ayaan Hirsi Ali, didn't stereotype Islam and Muslims, merge culture and religion and make cohesion more difficult by ignoring the moderate majority then I would have alot of support for her. Even though I sympathise for what she went through, at the end of the day she IS a neo-con, and she is not helping the situation with her stereotypes.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Salam

Question: Can we take the words of this woman seriously:

She calls herself Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

She has links to anti-Islamic American Enterprise Institute, the AEI.

She tried to run for Parliament in Holland.

Dutch police said she lied about country of birth,
being forced into marriage, spending time in refugee camps,
her real name, date of birth and so on.
She was barred from standing in elections.
Identity fraud made her ineligible for Parliament.

Born 1969 Somalia.

Her real name is Ayaan Hirsi Magan.

Her current status: Accomplished Liar

How on Earth could the magazine "Psychology Today" miss these things!!

Now the Editors need to have their own mentality examined by real professionals.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Question: Can we take the words of this woman seriously:

She calls herself Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

She has links to anti-Islamic American Enterprise Institute, the AEI.

She tried to run for Parliament in Holland.

Dutch police said she lied about country of birth,
being forced into marriage, spending time in refugee camps,
her real name, date of birth and so on.
She was barred from standing in elections.
Identity fraud made her ineligible for Parliament.

and there was me feeling sorry for her

Omrow wrote:

Her current status: Accomplished Liar

hahahaha

Omrow wrote:

How on Earth could the magazine "Psychology Today" miss these things!!

Now the Editors need to have their own mentality examined by real professionals.

LOL !!
i didnt think the magazine did very well either,, they asked stupid questions,, i would have interrogated her much more and asked her to be precise without being biased

I had forgotten what Omrow mentioned in the start of his post... I am sure there is another thread on her when those revelations were made.

Yes. But that thread was not available to the Editors of the magazine.

They just bought like little children everything that she had told them.

Idiots.

I have sympathy for any , and although I'm open to correction, she could not very effectively protest against what she sees as a cultural issue of violence and oppression specific to Muslim communities if she were in Somalia. When she made a film about it, her colleague was killed. I'm pleased she didn't just hide away at that point.

The "fraud" accusation is very harsh. She had falsified her immigration papers so as to obtain asylum, but in fact she also made her true story and real name very public. Her points of view are entirely open to discussion but to reduce her to a picture of fraud, implying that she just roamed the world making up stories, is callous, I think.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens