Slippery Farewell For bush In Iraq

Bush Sole searches while in iraq.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well, his attempt really did bomb - he missed!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pentagon experts are thinking ways to prevent this from happening again:

From now on, journalists should be made to take off their shoes:

The door sign would say:

Socks Only Press Conference

Iraq rally for Bush shoe attacker

Thousands of Iraqis have demanded the release of a local TV reporter who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush at a Baghdad news conference.

Crowds gathered in Baghdad's Sadr City district, calling for "hero" Muntadar al-Zaidi to be freed from custody.

Officials at the Iraqi-owned TV station, al-Baghdadiya, called for the release of their journalist, saying he was exercising freedom of expression...

Read More @ .

These guys are only encouraging failure!

Hilarious. This was the iraqipeolples farewell present to bush. Do u think it would have happened if blair was their.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Well, Bush is stupid, but Blair is an Oxbridge graduate, so yes it would.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Salam

Muntadar Al Zeidi has shot to fame across the muslim world.

He is now more loved in the Middle East than he could have ever imagined.

Zeidi is an instant hero.

He can easily win any presidental campaign in any
muslim majority country. His campaign only cost him
the price of pair of boots: Shame on you Palin for
spending millions, and still losing to Obama. Learn from Zeidi.

Zeidi is being hailed as a hero who has the guts to
take on the President of the most powerful nation on Earth.

This is clear evidence that shoes are more powerful than bombs.

Omrow

Is he still stewing in prison? Will he be charged with treason? Will he be hung drawn and quartered?

I'd rather not be the hero he has become.

Besides, his actions were pointless.

Salam

Pointless?

Well, millions of muslims would disagree with you.

Zeidi booted the President of United States out of Iraq.

Now, its truly "Mission Accomplished", by the Iraqis.

The incedent will no doubt go down in history.
The booting will be read by muslim children in schools and universities for centuries.

What a move. It was ingenious.

Omrow

He missed. He got beaten up. He is currently in a prison cell.

Mission accomplished indeed.

From another forum:

"person 2" wrote:

"person 1" wrote:
squarejawhero wrote:
Good point on the BBC site, that if it'd been done to a Baath party member, the cameraman would most likely have been killed immediately.

Something lost on most people. Not that I'm with Bush, but it's fairly pertinant.

Good point. Yeah, listen up Mr shoe-throwing scumbag, your country may have been invaded and occupied by foreigners, its infrastructure may be in ruins, your family either dead or refugees, hundreds of thousands of your fellow citizens murdered, your children's education and their future annihilated, you live in daily fear of your life and unsure where the next meal is coming from, but you have the freedom* to throw your shoe - BOTH SHOES! - at a lying weasel evil ****bag. You ungrateful ****!

(NB - you don't actually have the freedom to throw shoes at US Presidents - you will be thrown in prison and probably tortured if precedent is anything to go by - but at least you won't be immediately shot! Well... probably not. Actually, you might be. ENJOY THAT FREEDOM.)

By the way, isn't it your job as Admin to edit/blank out the swearing.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

I am no longer the admin and I have never minded profanities even when I was - as long as they were not aimed at people.

On a more negative note:

Iraq military questions Bush shoe protester

The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at George Bush has been beaten in custody, his brother said today.

Muntadhar al-Zaidi suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC... As he was handed over to the Iraqi military hundreds protested for a second day at his detention.

Zaidi... was televised live, was turned over by the prime minister's security guards to face further investigation by the military command in charge of enforcing security in Baghdad.

Iraqi security took Zaidi into custody and interrogated him about whether anybody had paid him to throw his shoes at Bush on Sunday, ... He could face charges of insulting a foreign leader and the Iraqi prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, who was standing next to Bush. The offence carries a maximum penalty of two years in jail...

Read more @ .

You wrote:
I am no longer the admin and I have never minded profanities even when I was - as long as they were not aimed at people.

So who is?

While I guess it is somewhat embarrassing especially if the support this guy is getting really is from a majority.

But looking at the President's reaction I have to say this was one of very few moments in the last 8 years when GW impressed. As soon as the man started shouting, Bush might have dived beneath something or dashed for the exit waiting to hear the blast. That would have been embarrassing. Instead, smiling, he ducked exactly the right amount and barely flinched for the second one before cracking a small joke about it, accepting apologies from the assembled and moving on. Questioned on TV later he was very careful not to condemn the man - it suggested a thoughtfulness that has seemed lacking. Not a bad farewell trip for his part.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I agree with that fully.

Others have said that he may not have understood the insult etc. but I think he did well. and without coaching too. It's remarkable what 8 years as president can do.

Was funny. Is funny!

Bush did brilliantly and he was so cool about it Dirol

it would have been really funny if the shoes had rebound and hit him from behind.

'To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always'

Alexis Carrel (French Surgeon)

Three years in jail for journalist who threw shoe at Bush

Dressed in an old beige suit, with dark rings under his eyes, and a five o'clock shadow, Muntazer al-Zaidi looked more hard-pressed journalist than Arab folk hero as he entered Baghdad's central criminal court yesterday morning to face charges of assaulting a foreign head of state, namely one George W Bush.

The last time the man universally known as "the shoe thrower" appeared in court, three weeks ago, he sported a scarf in the colours of the Iraqi flag and put on a bravura performance, telling of his outrage and uncontrollable emotions when Bush spoke at a news conference on his farewell trip to Iraq. Yesterday, he was mostly subdued. It wasn't until the judge handed down the sentence - three years in a prison - that he burst into life, though his shoes stayed firmly on his feet. "Long live Iraq!" he shouted before being led away by a heavy security detail.

Throughout the brief proceedings Zaidi seemed all too aware that he could face up to 15 years in jail. Standing in the wooden pen, sweating, before a panel of three judges he glanced nervously into the packed observers' gallery, apparently seeking out family and friends...

Read more @

You wrote:

Three years in jail for journalist who threw shoe at Bush

Dressed in an old beige suit, with dark rings under his eyes, and a five o'clock shadow, Muntazer al-Zaidi looked more hard-pressed journalist than Arab folk hero as he entered Baghdad's central criminal court yesterday morning to face charges of assaulting a foreign head of state, namely one George W Bush.

The last time the man universally known as "the shoe thrower" appeared in court, three weeks ago, he sported a scarf in the colours of the Iraqi flag and put on a bravura performance, telling of his outrage and uncontrollable emotions when Bush spoke at a news conference on his farewell trip to Iraq. Yesterday, he was mostly subdued. It wasn't until the judge handed down the sentence - three years in a prison - that he burst into life, though his shoes stayed firmly on his feet. "Long live Iraq!" he shouted before being led away by a heavy security detail.

Throughout the brief proceedings Zaidi seemed all too aware that he could face up to 15 years in jail. Standing in the wooden pen, sweating, before a panel of three judges he glanced nervously into the packed observers' gallery, apparently seeking out family and friends...

Read more @

Isn't that a bit much, he only tried to throw a shoe at someone :S

Now that the search function is working again (don't ask me how - I did nothing), I can add an update to this:

Iraq shoe thrower's jail term cut

The Iraqi journalist who hurled his shoes at former US President George W Bush has had his sentence cut from three years to one year on appeal.

Muntadar al-Zaidi's lawyer argued that the charge should be changed from assault to insulting a foreign leader.

The judge agreed and reduced the term in line with the less serious offence.

An official for the court said the presiding judge had also taken into account the fact that Zaidi had no prior criminal history.

"The appeal court issued its decision today... taking into consideration that he [Zaidi] is still young and doesn't have any previous convictions," said Abdul Sattar al-Birqdar, the spokesman for the Iraqi judicial council.

Grave insult

Zaidi's lawyer, Yaha al-Ittabi, said the decision showed "the independence and the integrity of the Iraqi judiciary"...

Read more @

Freed Iraqi shoe thrower tells of torture in jail

'My flower to the occupier': Defiant journalist Muntazer al-Zaidi stands by protest against visiting George Bush

The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at George Bush has marked his release from jail by angrily defending his action and claiming he was tortured after his arrest.

Muntazer al-Zaidi's supporters and family gave him a rapturous welcome, sacrificing six sheep to mark his release and hanging laurels of flowers around his neck.

Wearing an Iraqi flag, Zaidi gave a detailed account of being tortured after his arrest, and vowed to reveal the names of senior officials in the Iraqi government and army who he said had been involved in his mistreatment...

Read more @