Hello!i'm Neeeew

188 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ya'qub wrote:
_LoLy_ wrote:
Naz wrote:
They are the strict ones right?
So who do the Protestants follow?
What about the Mormons? Are they part of Christianity or is that a totally separate religion?

protestants aren't christian...are orthodox!

Orthodox churches are very different to Protestants. On thge whole, Protestants are found in North America and Orthdox churches are found in the middle east/ greece/ russia.

uhm..maybe so i think are separeted...but i'm sure aren't christian..
Wink

_LoLy_ wrote:
Naz wrote:
They are the strict ones right?
So who do the Protestants follow?
What about the Mormons? Are they part of Christianity or is that a totally separate religion?

protestants aren't christian...are orthodox!

If i remember correctly from my R.S. lessons in high school Protestants do belong to Christianity. Christianity being a religion and being Protestant is a branch of Christianity like being Catholic is.

e.g. Islam is a religion but then you have Sunnah, shias, wahhabis.

Orthodox isnt a religion i think its just a term used to refer to someone who follows their faith according to their holy book. Like you get orthodox Jews and then just Jews who are not as strict as the orthodox Jews :doubt: . I think thats right.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

It's similar, but the debates within Christianity go to a deeper level - as to what actually makes a Christian a Christian.

Muslims do not have this debate to the same level. We all have the shahadah, qur'an and sunnah as the absolute minimum.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Naz wrote:

Orthodox isnt a religion i think its just a term used to refer to someone who follows their faith according to their holy book. Like you get orthodox Jews and then just Jews who are not as strict as the orthodox Jews :doubt: . I think thats right.

2 things:

1. Wahhabis are Sunni Muslims (the differences between them and the other groups in Sunni Islam to be called 'seperate' in the same way). Same goes for Sufis. The beliefs are fundamentally the same, although there are a few differences they aren't big enough to say its anything other than Sunni Islam.

2. I don't know about Jews, but in Christianity the 'Orthodox Churches' (sometimes called the Eastern Churches) are very different from Catholicism and/or Protestantism and/or any other sects. The clue is in the names of the Churches: 'Greek Orthodox', 'Russian Orthodox', 'Armenian Orthodox' etc.

They celebrate Christmas on a different day, and (in many ways) their beliefs are more similar to Muslim or Jewish beliefs than Catholicism. They have also more claim to being 'true', since they have been around for much longer.

The Sahaba who went to live in Abbysinia (modern-day Ethiopia) went to live in an Orthodox Christian society

A none 'E' mouse wrote:

2. I don't know about Jews, but in Christianity the 'Orthodox Churches' (sometimes called the Eastern Churches) are very different from Catholicism and/or Protestantism and/or any other sects.
They celebrate Christmas on a different day, and (in many ways) their beliefs are more similar to Muslim or Jewish beliefs than Catholicism..

yeah i think that too..i'm agree!
religions have a lot of difference..but it seem to be there are some christian in asia..aren't there?..not more but a few...and how can they cohabit in the same state?
there will be a lot of mix couple..won't there?

A none 'E' mouse wrote:
Naz wrote:

2 things:

1. Wahhabis are Sunni Muslims (the differences between them and the other groups in Sunni Islam to be called 'seperate' in the same way). Same goes for Sufis. The beliefs are fundamentally the same, although there are a few differences they aren't big enough to say its anything other than Sunni Islam.

Thats what ive heard but wahhabis are really strict and take the literal approach when interpretating the hadiths (e.g. the Saudis) whereas the sunnis take the metaphorical approach to interepretation. Hence why everyone differs in opinion.

A none 'E' mouse wrote:
2. I don't know about Jews, but in Christianity the 'Orthodox Churches' (sometimes called the Eastern Churches) are very different from Catholicism and/or Protestantism and/or any other sects. The clue is in the names of the Churches: 'Greek Orthodox', 'Russian Orthodox', 'Armenian Orthodox' etc.

They celebrate Christmas on a different day, and (in many ways) their beliefs are more similar to Muslim or Jewish beliefs than Catholicism. They have also more claim to being 'true', since they have been around for much longer.

The Sahaba who went to live in Abbysinia (modern-day Ethiopia) went to live in an Orthodox Christian society

Interesting.

wednesday wrote:
I thought It were the Catholic Christians who don't drink, cheat, eat Haram etc. << you know the ones with Orthodox belief?

or is Orthodox Christianinty totally different from Catholism (if that's a word)?

we???..nono..i drink what i want..and also eat...
there are prohibition only near easter..we can't eat meat on friday for 4-5 weeks...

wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:

I have a lot of itallian friends.

In Ireland?

I live in england.....

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:

In Ireland?

I live in england.....

Do you live at the end of a rainbow, you little leprechaun?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

wednesday wrote:
I thought It were the Catholic Christians who don't drink, cheat, eat Haram etc. << you know the ones with Orthodox belief?

or is Orthodox Christianinty totally different from Catholism (if that's a word)?

Totally different. It's all to do with the split up of the Roman Empire. The 'Holy Roman Empire' (also called Byzantine Empire) moved the capital from Rome to Constantinople (modern-day Istanbul), and the orthodox churches came from there. The Catholics then took over most of Western Europe (and later on, South America and the Philippines).

And its Catholicism.

wednesday wrote:
_LoLy_ wrote:
wednesday wrote:

Sorry... I feel a little stupid these days.

ahah..why?xD

Why do you ask? : )

uhm..because i want to know how can u understand to feel stupid..hihih..
i've never feel stupid but i think sometimes i was it...
hihihi....
JOOOOOKE

Heeey People..What do u do tonight??????
it's saturday nighttttttttt!

wednesday wrote:
When I say I feel stupid, I mean I'm doing stuff that I shouldn't be. For example, I should be wrapping some presents and not thinking, oh I might keep that! Lol

aaaaah..now i understand..xD
I don't fell stupid like this...jejejejeee..
hey noone answer me...:( don't do nothing last night?
don't you go out?stay with your family......sorry i don't know your age....xD
anyway i'm 17..xD

wednesday wrote:
Smile Loly,

There's nothing special about saturday night...

whyy??
i ate mexican food with my friends and we went to cinema to see"changeling"...great film! Wink
are not things to do everyday!xD
mexican food is so hot and spicy and i can eat it everyday...but on saturday night we can do an exception..can't we? Biggrin
ah..and we eat also crepes with nutella! Blum 3

i think we don't gain weight!xD

Naz wrote:
The Lamp wrote:
I would not have given her that article. Because the way that's written, it can be counter-productive in some ways.
Yes it is good, it's better than many on the topic, it tries to find a consensus approach to things, however it only mentions the guys at the end, it states that the pumishment for adultery is stoning to death, without mentioning the difference of opinion or even mentioning the REALLY high conditions.
It's mentioned the STI and teen pregnancy debate but it goes beyond that, by the end of it we have to be convinced that the Islamic Marriage root is definately way better.

I just think this stuff needs saying, I don't mean to be picking holes.

By the way, I know MuslimBro is going to get excited about this, but this isn't the right thread for this discussion.

No no no feel free to state your opinion. I like a good challenge. For me that article was good in that it explained words which a non Muslim might not understand. The reasons as to why ppl date which were well thought out and explained and made perfect sense and also the preventative measures which a lot of scholars fail to address in their lil speech. Your right about the stoning issue and i could have given some opinions which condemn stoning but then we will be going back and forth till qayamat arguing about which is right. Overall the article was more opinionated then factual i would say. But its the best one as of yet that ive come across which i thought was non Muslim friendly.

ps why would MuslimBro get excited about a topic about "girl/boyfriends"? :?

No, no no! Smile I never said he'll get excited about the boyfriend/girlfriend topic! I don't mean excited as in thrilled. I mean he'll get a bit well "agitated" whenever we talk about stoning.
I'm saying is that our Italian friend (sorry I've forgotten her name) needs to be convinced that Islam's route of marriage is a better option. Islamically there is nothing wrong with being in love. But sometimes romance and sex can get in the way of what's right or sensible. Hence, family and marriage breakdown and cheating (eventually). Which is why Islam says that the dialogue and the serious stuff comes first. Then you have to make a commtment, trial and error will only get you so far.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:

I'm saying is that our Italian friend (sorry I've forgotten her name) needs to be convinced that Islam's route of marriage is a better option. Islamically there is nothing wrong with being in love. But sometimes romance and sex can get in the way of what's right or sensible. Hence, family and marriage breakdown and cheating (eventually). Which is why Islam says that the dialogue and the serious stuff comes first. Then you have to make a commtment, trial and error will only get you so far.

uhm....sorry for my question....maybe are u talking with me? :?
it's me the "italian" who are u quoting?
xD

Ya'qub wrote:
Funzo wrote:
wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:

In Ireland?

I live in england.....

Do you live at the end of a rainbow, you little leprechaun?

Ahh you got me...

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

The Lamp wrote:
Naz wrote:
The Lamp wrote:
I would not have given her that article. Because the way that's written, it can be counter-productive in some ways.
Yes it is good, it's better than many on the topic, it tries to find a consensus approach to things, however it only mentions the guys at the end, it states that the pumishment for adultery is stoning to death, without mentioning the difference of opinion or even mentioning the REALLY high conditions.
It's mentioned the STI and teen pregnancy debate but it goes beyond that, by the end of it we have to be convinced that the Islamic Marriage root is definately way better.

I just think this stuff needs saying, I don't mean to be picking holes.

By the way, I know MuslimBro is going to get excited about this, but this isn't the right thread for this discussion.

No no no feel free to state your opinion. I like a good challenge. For me that article was good in that it explained words which a non Muslim might not understand. The reasons as to why ppl date which were well thought out and explained and made perfect sense and also the preventative measures which a lot of scholars fail to address in their lil speech. Your right about the stoning issue and i could have given some opinions which condemn stoning but then we will be going back and forth till qayamat arguing about which is right. Overall the article was more opinionated then factual i would say. But its the best one as of yet that ive come across which i thought was non Muslim friendly.

ps why would MuslimBro get excited about a topic about "girl/boyfriends"? :?

No, no no! Smile I never said he'll get excited about the boyfriend/girlfriend topic! I don't mean excited as in thrilled. I mean he'll get a bit well "agitated" whenever we talk about stoning.

Lol ok.

Lampy wrote:

Why? :?
She originally came on this forum and stated that she was dating a Pakistani. Everybody welcomed her but failed to address the bit where she said she was dating. You picked up on it and asked why nobody had addressed it (thinking about it now why didnt You say anything. Hmmmm). No one was saying anything so me being me decided to go in search for an article (im not very gentle when it comes to explaining controversial topics as my own opinions tend to surface which is bad plus didnt want to scare away the newbie so opted for a non Muslim friendly article). I came across the above article which in my opinion was quite good so i posted it for our new friend to have a read and understand why dating is prohibited in Islam.
Our friend is a Catholic i think so she knows herself that dating is not allowed in Catholicism. Im sure Catholicism has its own legitimate reasons as to why dating is wrong and in Islam the Quran clearly states ours.

That concludes the story boys and girls.

Our friend is a Catholic i think so she knows herself that dating is not allowed in Catholicism. Im sure Catholicism has its own legitimate reasons as to why dating is wrong and in Islam the Quran clearly states ours.

+1

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lampy wrote:

naz wrote:

She originally came on this forum and stated that she was dating a Pakistani. Everybody welcomed her but failed to address the bit where she said she was dating. You picked up on it and asked why nobody had addressed it (thinking about it now why didnt You say anything. Hmmmm). No one was saying anything so me being me decided to go in search for an article (im not very gentle when it comes to explaining controversial topics as my own opinions tend to surface which is bad plus didnt want to scare away the newbie so opted for a non Muslim friendly article). I came across the above article which in my opinion was quite good so i posted it for our new friend to have a read and understand why dating is prohibited in Islam.

uhm....i think i'll answer in 2-3 days because i have to traduce all before answer...hihihi..xD
if i understand well do u think people with different religion can stay toghever..don't u?
if not i think i'll use vocabulary because..(i'm repetitive) but my english is not very well..xD

'Night! Smile Smile Smile

_LoLy_ wrote:

uhm....i think i'll answer in 2-3 days because i have to traduce all before answer...hihihi..xD
if i understand well do u think people with different religion can stay toghever..don't u?
if not i think i'll use vocabulary because..(i'm repetitive) but my english is not very well..xD

I can see that sometimes the people here say something that makes you think they are against the situation with your boyfriend.

The reason is simple, in Islam:
Marriage is good but having a boyfriend or girlfriend is bad.

As a Muslim:

I don't think it's good for two people to have a romantic relationship without getting married or being engaged.

I do think it's fine for a Muslim man to marry a Catholic woman.

I hope that explains it easily.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

_LoLy_ wrote:
Lampy wrote:

naz wrote:

Can it happen per se? Yes. But before that happens then you need to sit down and talk about issues that might arise, such as how to raise your children, what religion would they follow, and who, if anybody, would convert. Normally what tends to happen, but not always, is that one of them either compromises their religion slighlty in practice or converts. But not always. If a Muslim man marries a Christian, he still has to treat her really well.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Dawud wrote:

I can see that sometimes the people here say something that makes you think they are against the situation with your boyfriend.
The reason is simple, in Islam:
Marriage is good but having a boyfriend or girlfriend is bad.
As a Muslim:
I don't think it's good for two people to have a romantic relationship without getting married or being engaged.
I do think it's fine for a Muslim man to marry a Catholic woman.
I hope that explains it easily.

..uhm...and why?..it's only religion or because if you see a girl who has a boyfriend make you think they're together for sex?(or boy with a girlfriend obviously! Wink )

anyway...thanks..i understand..hihih....i feel a little bit ignorant...LoL!xD

The Lamp wrote:

Can it happen per se? Yes. But before that happens then you need to sit down and talk about issues that might arise, such as how to raise your children, what religion would they follow, and who, if anybody, would convert. Normally what tends to happen, but not always, is that one of them either compromises their religion slighlty in practice or converts. But not always. If a Muslim man marries a Christian, he still has to treat her really well.

ehm..if we talk immediately about children, religion and other things, i think we never fall in love naturally because we decide all for procreation...we don't want this...i want children because are fruits of love..not ONLY for procreation!..your religion say that?(sorry i haven't read text yet :? )...
anyway my boyfriend never ask me to convert and i think i'll never do it because i'm churchgoer...
and i never ask him to convert for me...if he wants to convert he must be honest with himself and don't do it for me..if noone wants to convert and if we will have children...i think we'll explain them like a good parents we wanted to marry because we loved,we love and we will love eachother and it's a basis to explain than difference don't stop you but enrich your mind!..and love is more than religion,tradition,language or culture...

The Lamp wrote:

If a Muslim man marries a Christian, he still has to treat her really well.

i don't understand the meaning of this phrase..what do u mean?..muslim don't treat well girls? :?

ehm..if we talk immediately about children, religion and other things, i think we never fall in love naturally because we decide all for procreation...we don't want this...i want children because are fruits of love..not ONLY for procreation!..your religion say that?(sorry i haven't read text yet )...
anyway my boyfriend never ask me to convert and i think i'll never do it because i'm churchgoer...
and i never ask him to convert for me...if he wants to convert he must be honest with himself and don't do it for me..if noone wants to convert and if we will have children...i think we'll explain them like a good parents we wanted to marry because we loved,we love and we will love eachother and it's a basis to explain than difference don't stop you but enrich your mind!..and love is more than religion,tradition,language or culture...

The Revival Forum is going to have a LOT of explaning to do when the poor boy is confronted with all this talk of marriage, kids etc.

_LoLy_ wrote:

The Lamp wrote:

If a Muslim man marries a Christian, he still has to treat her really well.

i don't understand the meaning of this phrase..what do u mean?..muslim don't treat well girls? :?

haha Biggrin
Lamp was just emphasising that if a Muslim marries a Catholic, its a valid marriage. He has to treat her right, because that's what you do in marriage. If he didn't treat her right, it might be because he didn't see it as a proper marriage (just an excuse to sleep together), which would be really wrong.

Ya'qub wrote:

The Revival Forum is going to have a LOT of explaning to do when the poor boy is confronted with all this talk of marriage, kids etc.

Yeah I was thinking that, Lol.

_LoLy_ wrote:
Dawud wrote:

Some jibba jabba about marriage and relationships.

..uhm...and why?..it's only religion or because if you see a girl who has a boyfriend make you think they're together for sex?(or boy with a girlfriend obviously! Wink )

It's religion. In Islam, if you're interested in a girl or a boy and you think they would make a good partner (some research should be done) you approach them (or their parents) and tell them you have an interest in marrying them. Then you leave them to think it over and they reply. This is how it was traditionally done in all cultures that I'm aware of and only as recently as the past 50 years did things start to change and even then only in America and Britain.

This raises a question with me, when considering how non-marital relationships have evolved. It started from the "60's free love liberation", an excuse to sleep with lots of different people.This was adultery, pure and simple. Now its become something more stable with similarities to marriage. Infact its considered a marriage alternative so much that there are proposals to introduce laws to have financial settlements when a boyfriend and girlfriend split up from a long term relationship exactly like a divorce.
In history, its a recent phenomenon for a social mechanism to exist whereby a man and woman are not married but are romantically together with a social relationship outside of the bedroom. To my knowledge its an absolute anamoly in history!
This social relationship mimicks marriage in its pertinant features. E.g. Stay together, don't be in more than one relationship at a time, be faithful and truthful to your partner, look after and support each other. The list goes on.
Apart from there not being a binding mechanism in this relationship to empower them to follow these marriage-features when their desires are contrary, it is basically a marital relationship. With this in mind the question that I have is, "does being in a long-term boyfriend/girlfriend relationship have the same legal status as adultery?"

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

_LoLy_ wrote:

It depends what you mean by staying together If you mean can two people of two dfferent faiths stay togther as in stay together married then yeah why not. Its not going to be easy and you will have to work really hard at it. If you mean stay togther as in cohabit for the rest of your lives then im afraid i cant really comment on that because as a Muslim my views have to conform with what Islam says.

I think now would be a best time to bring up the marriage issue with this Pakistani that your seeing. See where you stand instead of wasting your time on someone who could be out for just a "good time" (if you get my drift). If he does a runner that should tell you something.

The Lamp wrote:

No need to talk about converting because a Muslim man is permitted in Islam to marry a Christian or Jewish women and she doesnt have to convert because she is a person of the book. If the woman is a non believer then she has to convert. As for what religion the children would have to brought up, well Islam states that a child automatically acquires his/her fathers religion (hence why woman cannot marry a man of another faith or non faith and also there is a risk that her husband might not allow her to practice her faith) when born but in reality this is not what happens sometimes.

Omrow wrote:
If she loves him and he her, then heeee haaaa!!!

lol Lol that made me laf.

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it is not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Ok Dawud I understand..xD

Naz wrote:

I think now would be a best time to bring up the marriage issue with this Pakistani that your seeing. See where you stand instead of wasting your time on someone who could be out for just a "good time" (if you get my drift). If he does a runner that should tell you something.

i've already told than in italy we can't get married if we don't have 18years old...(i'm 17!)..
i can marry him only if i'm pregnant..and we don't have sex so i'm not pregnant!:D..however..it's the man who ask to get marry..i will never think about ask him to marry..if he wants, he asks me..ahahah!..:D

The Lamp wrote:

No need to talk about converting because a Muslim man is permitted in Islam to marry a Christian or Jewish women and she doesnt have to convert because she is a person of the book. If the woman is a non believer then she has to convert. As for what religion the children would have to brought up, well Islam states that a child automatically acquires his/her fathers religion (hence why woman cannot marry a man of another faith or non faith and also there is a risk that her husband might not allow her to practice her faith) when born but in reality this is not what happens sometimes.

anyway...about the kids...we are in italy and he lives in italy..so he has to follow italian laws..from the things i understand...islam is a religion, not a group of laws...
maybe it's that than i don't understand about you...

Islam is indeed a religion.. but religion comes with its own laws darling.

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Pages