Testing, Testing

Salaam

Islam preaches that the reason for living is not just to waste time, and enjoy yourself. It is to pass a test. Therefore it stands to reason that not every part of our lives are going to be peasant or easy. Tests never are.

Trials and hardships distinguish the sincere, true believers from the weak ones. They determine who/what we are as people.

Muslims are told that when bad things happen or when things do not go in ones favour, this is due to a number of reasons.

It could serve as expiation for some of our sins.

Or

It is due to what our own hands have put forward.

Or

It is to test the character/Sabr of a person (trying/difficult times determine who we really are).

Or

There is some Hiqmah (wisdom) behind it, something that our limited/partial knowledge and understanding is unable to comprehend.

We are even told by Almighty Allah Himself that it may be that we dislike something that is good for us whilst love something whilst it is bad for us.

Despite being given many justifiable/reasonable explanations……..why is it that some people still find it difficult to come to terms with things that do not go in their favour?

Unfortunately these tests are something that most of us fail miserably at.

Allah (swt) only tests the one He loves, yet despite possessing knowledge of the virtues of Sabr we mess up big time-every time.

We’re all going to be/have been tested with fear, loss of lives, loss of wealth etc

How do you fare in life’s test?

Are you the kind of person who rants and raves, screws at everyone and then sink into depression?

Or are you the kind of person who still hasn’t as of yet got over something that happened years ago?

Or are you the type of person, who initially finds the test hard to cope but eventually practise Sabr?

OR are you the type of person who holds God responsible for what happened to you?

Or do you “get over it” almost straight away? And what advice would you give someone who finds it impossible to let things go? ….And, No “get over it” is not good advice.

If we practise sabr (patience) in times of problems and adversities Allah (swt) will elevate our statuses and give us immeasurable rewards…..

So how do YOU fare in life’s tests?

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Therefore it stands to reason that not every part of our lives are going to be [b]peasant[/b] or easy. Tests never are.

spelling mistake MS, its suppose to say "pleasent", i guess pointing that out makes me a hypocrit coz my spelling is crap...

u forget to mention that u cud be tested with good stuff like money and children.

but if u is dead good u can achieve happiness in this world:

[i]God promises those among you who believe and lead righteous life, that He will make them [b]sovereigns on earth[/b], as He did for those before them, and will establish for them the religion He has chosen for them, and will substitute peace and security for them in place of fear. All this because they worship Me alone, without setting up any idols besides Me. Those who disbelieve after this are the truly wicked[/i]" (24:55).

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
Therefore it stands to reason that not every part of our lives are going to be [b]peasant[/b] or easy. Tests never are.

spelling mistake MS, its suppose to say "pleasent", i guess pointing that out makes me a hypocrit coz my spelling is crap...

Actually its spelt "Pleasant".

You're right, we're both terrible spellers.

I guess the more you pray and start doing good the more tests arise...the weak break and go back to previous bad ways and the strong just keeping on going and take every step with caution and if the ice is thin and they fall through they just pull themselves out again and carry on....but one thing they do is learn and rectify there steps. But it all boils down to 101% strong faith in allah(swt).

Following in the footsteps of the prophet(Saas) is the only way to passing any test...

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

some people get over stuff straight over

some people take years and years and years to get over stuff

its wrong but u cant help but scream at them and tell them to "GET OVER IT"

I think before i was more of a person who got really worked up when things didnt go so well...but lately i have become somewhat more patient becuz i have truly realised "whatever happens, happens for the best". I know other ppl who have been through so much and their faith in Allah (swt) has been incredible and they have come through fine..

So all we need is faith in Allah and just go with what life brings us, hardships are a way of measuring how much we can take and how grateful we are towards Allah. We shouldn't only rember Allah (swt) when we are in distress we should make time for him when we're happy, sad etc.

Salaam

For some reason I’ve always had a problem with dealing with rejection, failure and things not going in my favour…I’m a bit of a perfectionist.

I used to stress a lot back in the day…I’d become depressed for a good few days when something bad happened and then I’d get over it.

The longest I’ve been stressed/upset over something is about two weeks.

Over the years though, I’ve tried to adopt a more of a fatalistic attitude…I always ask Allah (swt) to give me strength and Sabr….. So now whenever something bad happens I mentally screw over it for a bit and then get over it, accepting it as the decree of Allah (swt)…in some situations its easy to do this, and sometimes its not…

Having Sabr is easier said then done…our pious predecessors were famous for this. I’ve always believed that lack of Sabr (patience) is a manifestation of weak Iman (faith).

When the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) beloved son passed away in his early years, He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said “While the eyes are flowing with tears and the heart is sad, we shall say nothing except what pleases our Lord”….that is so deep.

Allah (swt) will never hold us account for what falls from the eye and how we feel in our heart when something bad happens…but He will hold us accountable for what we say out of grief.

Wasalaam

when something bad happens in my life-my natural instinct is anger

and I never really get over it-I'ma girl who keeps a lot of grudges and dont forgive very easily

i alwayz felt problems in my life and alwayz felt angry that why me...

but by seeing the patience my dads got , and seeing him having to go

thru all these hardships has made me realise how lucky we are....so now

alhamdulillah when problems now face me i take it with ease and be patient, and each time something good happens do shukr to allah talah,

ive realised that when ppl want good or something tragic happens to them

they turn to allah for help....when they get what they want ,they go doing back the bad deeds...then when calamity falls again they turn to allah 4 help....

dont even know what to call these ppl....but once upon a time i was 1 of them.but now alhamdulillah im a changed person

See when you dont do as well as u would expect to, do u normally blame yourself for it or your circumstances? I am one to blame myself entirely.

"angel" wrote:
See when you dont do as well as u would expect to, do u normally blame yourself for it or your circumstances? I am one to blame myself entirely.

i ALWAYS blame circumstances

but apprently u shouldnt-its wrong

whatever bad happens to us is cos of what our own hands put forward

bad things happen for a reason

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
bad things happen for a reason

Really tweedleduh i didnt know that :roll:

Ok if bad things happen whats the reason behind it? care to explain?

to see how you bounce back, your reaction

DUH :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

life is the reason.

everybody is tested. however noone is burdenned with more than they can handle.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salaam

Qays Ibn Aasim al-Manqari, famous among the Arabs for his patience, was once narrating a story to some of his companions. A man came up to him and informed him that his son has just been murdered and the son of so and so was the murderer.

Qays did not cut his story short, but instead continued narrating it, in his usual calm demeanour and when he finished he said “Wash my son and shroud him”

A righteous man was once thrown into a lion’s cage, and Allah (swt) saved him from its claws. He was later asked “What were you thinking about at the time?” He said “I was thinking about the Saliva of the lion-whether it is considered by scholars to be pure or impure”.

THAT was the extremely high level of Sabr of our pious predecessors. Sabr is the way of the pious and those are who close to Allah (swt)…it is a special level that not everyone can achieve.

If we practice sabr in times of difficulties our statuses are increased to such an extent that even a thousand years of worship could not achieve.

Wasalaam

really big terrible things - i've got sabr but when little piddling things happen i've got no sabr - whats that all about

sabr is when one Prophet (forgotten name) had a terrible illness running painful smelly sores all over his body for years but would not complain to Allah or ask Him to take the terrible illness away. After a long time His wife got really tired with the situation and implored Him to ask Allah to cure Him. after much persuasion He did and was cured instantly

He had sabr with His Lord and was only too glad of the pain

yeh Prophet Ayub (pbuh)-I LOVE his story

36 years I think he had that illness-which he bore with Sabr

Someone did a very interesting analogy about this topic.

She said “People are either glass or diamonds. Heat breaks glass and smashes it pieces whilst diamonds only become stronger under heat….”

And heat is the trials we undergo in life.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Someone did a very interesting analogy about this topic.

She said “People are either glass or diamonds. Heat breaks glass and smashes it pieces whilst diamonds only become stronger under heat….”

And heat is the trials we undergo in life.

thats beautiful!

Subhanallah

theres no stoppin MS! Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

Its sad, but unfortunately man NEEDS to undergo trials, sufferings, problems, deaths, misfortunes calamities etc etc for us to TRULY realize our dependency on the Superior Being?

We go into pious mode when something is bothering us. Our Sajde and prayers get longer when we want Him to solve our problems.

Its sad, but something that we’re all guilty of….. I don’t know how to get the same level of intensity in my prayers when I’m not being bothered by something….like I do when I AM being bothered by something.

I have more concentration in my prayer when something is wrong, and find that I perform prayers in Ghafla (heedlessness) when things are all good.

There’s no real answer to this double standards. Allah (swt) has said that "If you remember Me when your happy and in good health, I’ll remember you when your undergoing hardships".

We’re the opposite, for we remember Him when we’re stressing but forget all about Him when things are all good.

The Holy Qur’an mentions this double standard found in humans numerous times.

Wasalaam

most of the above APPLIED to me i say...but now i NEVER 4 get to do shukar to allah whenever good happens, actually its become a habit after every namaz.

i tend to read namaz extra slow instead of head banging most commenly 4 FAJAR & ISHA, but not anymore,

1 thing im having trouble with is my loss of concentration, i cant fully concentrate on my namaz ,my thoughts tend to travel around, its REALLY difficult, i keep thinking my namaz aint being accepted

one man back in the day said he could concentrate 100% on his prayers. he was really confident, and was put to test (by whom, i cant remember, so i cant say)....anyway, he was told: go inside the mosque and read 2 rakats. if u can concentrate the whole way then you can have a pick out of the two camels outside.

he prayed and returned. he was asked - so how did it go? did you concentrate on your prayer the whole way thru?

he replied: No. i was thinkin about which camel i would pick.

goes to show, we cant concentrate hundred percent all the time (unless were spiritually next level!) BUT we must try.

part of the word TAQWA derives from something to do with capturing. we must try to capture the mind and lock it in. if you gets what i mean

a lil somethin Shaykh Zia Ullah Khan said y'day

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

part of the word TAQWA derives from something to do with capturing. we must try to capture the mind and lock it in. if you gets what i mean

oh yea i get ya, u see thats the problem.thats what i cant do FOCUS de

mind, TAQWA is what i dont have, TAQWA is the solution to my problem,

i pray to ALLAH that he gives me taqwa and to the remaining who need
it.inshallah ameen.

ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

an alim once stated those who have taqwa are the ones who worry that they dont have it, those who dont have think that they have it.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i dunno i need MORE than this much, im having trouble with my heart again

!!! u got angina??!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
!!! u got angina??!

lol whats that???????????

i dunno some heart problem, dunno medically all i know is that its an ailment of the heart.

Astaghfirullah I also have heart problems, spiritual (probably physical aswell but not aware of these). I dont understand this thing called dil/qalb/heart? does any1?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

tobah kar,i dont have physical heart problems...spiritual is da word, neva

heard of dil/qalb/heart, whats is qalb (not very good at urdu

Pages