The Muslim Madonna

195 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
well.. if you ask... I do occasionally administrate these forums...

:twisted:

Oh good grief... [img]

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"yashmaki" wrote:
I notice you girls and guys bought up the topic of salman rushdie..i;ve not read the satanic verses because the title doesn't appeal to me and i've heard he's got a death threat looming over him.

Anyway i recently finished reading "desperately seeking paradise" by ziauddin sardar, it mentioned the salman rushdie contraversy, in one whole chapter. I was quite shocked by how this man took our prophet's biography (pbuh), and made it out to be his own "fiction" story. He only made slight changes to names, made outrageously offensive caricatures of every key figure in the history of Islam, all the wives of the prophet (ra), all the companions (ra) nothing went untouched. He used Martin lings biography as an outline. How he wasn't done for libel or blasphemy beats me. The book suggests the climate the book was written in, with thatcherite rule, racism, and the bnp ideas on the rise, meant the discrimination was justified, and overlooked.

In light of the new laws can't he be done for blasphemy. I mean muslim book shops are gona be scrutinised for any so called "terrorist" material for the greater good of society. What good in society does this book serve? Shouldn't all book shops be vetted, why just islamic ones?

Question do books go through a vetting process before they're deemed suitable for the public to read, or can any joe blogs produce some trash and get it out there as long as he/she finds a publisher?

P.S even though the man makes my blood boil i wana read the book to be informed myself rather than via a third party.

all kinds of books can get published, only when they get complained against do they get looked at seriously. nothing stopping anyone to speak out against religion, via media or books or any mean.....its britain, a nation trying to move away from religion. and Salman Rushdie is doing a great favour, and he lives here and has 24/7 protection and has been nominated for more book awards recently!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Constantine" wrote:
"stmark" wrote:
Thank you, I was born in texas is that better?

lol nothin wrong with kansas - never actually met anyone from round about those parts.

I do love Texas though - spend a lot of my summer down there!

What part of Texas were you born in?

Corpus Christi, we lived about a mile from padre island.

"Aphrodite" wrote:
"stmark" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

by the way, 'gangsters' kinda do wear them things

Niqabs? :?:

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

unlike Miss UK, she aint telling anyone shes muslim or anything

but she IS a Muslim

AND she's taking the mick

Miss UK never did that

What is mick? Just out of curiousity does anybody know madonna's real name??

She is a Muslim.

Madonna's real name is.. Madonna. No, really, it is.

Cassandra Peterson's real name is Elvira too but ok it just sounds like a strange name. Shee probably had it legally changed because I wouldn't think her parents named her that but then she was a catholic and I think they call mary madonnna sometimes so maybe it is.

"yashmaki" wrote:
I notice you girls and guys bought up the topic of salman rushdie..i;ve not read the satanic verses because the title doesn't appeal to me and i've heard he's got a death threat looming over him.

Anyway i recently finished reading "desperately seeking paradise" by ziauddin sardar, it mentioned the salman rushdie contraversy, in one whole chapter. I was quite shocked by how this man took our prophet's biography (pbuh), and made it out to be his own "fiction" story. He only made slight changes to names, made outrageously offensive caricatures of every key figure in the history of Islam, all the wives of the prophet (ra), all the companions (ra) nothing went untouched. He used Martin lings biography as an outline. How he wasn't done for libel or blasphemy beats me. The book suggests the climate the book was written in, with thatcherite rule, racism, and the bnp ideas on the rise, meant the discrimination was justified, and overlooked.

In light of the new laws can't he be done for blasphemy. I mean muslim book shops are gona be scrutinised for any so called "terrorist" material for the greater good of society. What good in society does this book serve? Shouldn't all book shops be vetted, why just islamic ones?

Question do books go through a vetting process before they're deemed suitable for the public to read, or can any joe blogs produce some trash and get it out there as long as he/she finds a publisher?

P.S even though the man makes my blood boil i wana read the book to be informed myself rather than via a third party.

I think mmusliims on another foum said it was issued by khadaffi and I read rushde went into hidingg for ten years and they may have forgot about that one.

"Admin" wrote:
well.. if you ask... I do occasionally administrate these forums...

:twisted:

From what I read she can't siing, can't dance but she can strip. It was the star that called her the muslim madonna and it caught on. That's one of those tabloids that talks about little green men and flying saucers. I don't think anybody will thiink thats part of islam. Sex sells videos I guess anyway her birth name is deepika thathaal. I don't know about thathaal but deepika is hindu. he muslim madonSearch rrevival forumI think her father was muslim though.

This "Muslim Madonna", is she worth talking about? I mean, I know she's upset a lot of Muslims but we shouldn't really draw more attention to her stupid ways. Bottom line, controversy sells records, so does taking your clothes off. If she goes to hell, she will without doubt be of the losers and stand before her Lord asking for another chance. But it will be all too late.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
This "Muslim Madonna", is she worth talking about? I mean, I know she's upset a lot of Muslims but we shouldn't really draw more attention to her stupid ways. Bottom line, controversy sells records, so does taking your clothes off. If she goes to hell, she will without doubt be of the losers and stand before her Lord asking for another chance. But it will be all too late.

so many people have said that

which just adds to the pages in this thread

Excuse me for breathing!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Excuse me for breathing!

Your excused make sure it doesnt happen again.

Back in BLACK

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Excuse me for breathing!

LOL

breathing is allowed

being sexist, backwards, judgemental, and old fashioned and chauvinistic is not

so enjoy ur time in this forum-I will only attack u if I see u doing any of the above

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Excuse me for breathing!

LOL

breathing is allowed

being sexist, backwards, judgemental, and old fashioned and chauvinistic is not

so enjoy ur time in this forum-I will only attack u if I see u doing any of the above

that and if she sees red.

Back in BLACK

This thread is now locked. No point just reitterating th same points over and over and over and over again.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages

Topic locked