what do/did you have for suhoor/iftaar

two bowels of porridge for suhoor and you won't be hungry all day.

iftar is whatever I am offered. Personally I like sugary things and a nice cup of tea.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i cant eat in the morning, well at that time anyway.

Last year both my suhoor and my iftar was light. One chapati for sehri, one for iftar. Nice and simple.

This year on the other hand it is heavy and also most of it is high in energy as without that my muscles and joints are aching.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

how can you have roti in the morning? its soo heavy, yuck.

It all depends on how it is made - I cannot stand things like Paratha's (but I lived through them in Saudi).

A simple chapati with some curry or other, but mainly yoghurt was what I used to have last year.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Noor wrote:
saudi rotis were yum

The mango milkshakes were AMAZING! I've never had anything like it (nothing like mago milkshake/lassi in Britain). I kept having to go back for more, I think the secret ingredient was crack.

and the tea. i never drink tea but i always had it there.

Blum 3

Never had Mango there. I think with food it is all about location.

In Madinah, to get pakistani food we had over a half hour trek and for western food that was also on "the other side" of the mosque (our hotel was to the right of the mosque when facing Makkah)

Noor wrote:
and the tea. i never drink tea but i always had it there.

When they were coming round at iftar with dates they had jugs of tea, which was lovely along with the zam zam to break our fast.

But they sometimes came with Arabic coffee (which is yellow), which is absolutely horrible its SOOO strong. If someone gave me that I didn't want to break my fast lol!

Ya'qub wrote:
But they sometimes came with Arabic coffee (which is yellow), which is absolutely horrible its SOOO strong. If someone gave me that I didn't want to break my fast lol!

Lol I liked it!

It was very (too?) strong, but it did the job. Just avoid it touching the tongue and all was golden.

You wrote:
Blum 3

In Madinah, to get pakistani food we had over a half hour trek and for western food that was also on "the other side" of the mosque (our hotel was to the right of the mosque when facing Makkah)

Just at the back of the mosque is Hardees! and KFC!

We mainly ate the food that was given out at iftar, and KFC!!

OK, that's enough reminiscing. I'm not even excited about Syria anymore, because I won't be going to Umrah with my friends! Night ya'll

I went to hardees once.

And that arab chicken place (can't remember what it was called, it was famour there and located on the other side of jannatul Baqee). Swore never again. The food was good. Getting it was... an experience.

ok, salaam

Ya'qub wrote:
You wrote:
Blum 3

Just at the back of the mosque is Hardees! and KFC!

We mainly ate the food that was given out at iftar, and KFC!!

and macdonalds, and theres a strabucks in madinah.

Ya'qub wrote:
OK, that's enough reminiscing. I'm not even excited about Syria anymore, because I won't be going to Umrah with my friends! Night ya'll

beats staying in england! count yourself lucky mate, others (me) would love to go syria!

Noor wrote:

Never ate at maccies. Still no idea what their stuff tastes like. Easier that way - I just imagine it to be nasty plastic just slightly different from than their fillet'o fish.

Noor wrote:

I don't think they were there last year. I went to MacDonalds in Egypt on the stopover on the way home (I had a Big Mac at 7.30am when everyone else was asleep, because I missed it so much from my kafir scum days).

Anyway. I'm REALLY going now. salam w.w.

Noor wrote:
count yourself lucky

Now your just asking for a :roll: !

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:
count yourself lucky

Now your just asking for a :roll: !

?

Nah, there was a maccies there last year, left of the mosque about 30-45 minute walk.

Saw it when I needed an internet fix and went hunting.

You wrote:
Noor wrote:

Never ate at maccies. Still no idea what their stuff tastes like. Easier that way - I just imagine it to be nasty plastic just slightly different from than their fillet'o fish.

never?! pak does good fillet o fish, they put in two fishes too! prbz better than the ones you get here

Had a fillet'o fish here in the UK. And a veggie burger. I meant Saudi/location where you could get the proper stuff.

Sahri: either weetabix with banana or grapes OR cheerios + plenty of water + tea (mum and dad have their roti and stuff, i can't manage it, it's too heavy!)

Iftaar: Always have fruit eithr coarsely chopped or in the form of salad... with whatever we feel like making ranging from ordering pizzas to preparing chicken tikka + fancy curries at home... mum LURVS to cook but she never makes it obvious! lol

*Abt Saudi: did any of you lot taste the arabian food some thing other than junk? such as the fillafil, shawarma, humas, phool, kabsa etc etc?

wednesday here wrote:

*Abt Saudi: did any of you lot taste the arabian food some thing other than junk? such as the fillafil, shawarma, humas, phool, kabsa etc etc?

I've had all of those...but they are very difficult to find in Mecca/Medina. We went to a Bengali restaurant most days in Mecca, for grilled chicken. We didn't really have time to look around for traditional restaurants.

Waffles in the morning, or cereal or toast... simple but light. Ive also decided to add a glass of Lucozade in the morning... it seems to help keep me going all day. Plus i drink another glass of water. If i can make it through the morning ill be fine.

Evening: start off with dates and fruit... and then pretty much whatever we make.

Back in BLACK

Sehri: use to have 2 parathas and a cup of tea but have temporarily gave them up due to heart pains (i think its all the butter clogging up around my heart lol). Nows it 4 toast and a cup of tea which doesnt fill me up. Not a cereal person and defo cant do curry at 4 in the morning.

Iftaari: the dishes are varied because my dad eats nothig but meat and if theres dhal all hell breaks loose Blum 3 My big sister is a vegetarian so theres some vegi dishes and the rest of us mainly roti with saalan and either pilau rice, samosas, pokoras, halwa or cake. We eat like its eid Lol

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:

Iftaari: the dishes are varied because my dad eats nothig but meat and if theres dhal all hell breaks loose Blum 3 My big sister is a vegetarian so theres some vegi dishes and the rest of us mainly roti with saalan and either pilau rice, samosas, pokoras, halwa or cake. We eat like its eid Lol

lol,.... so what do you make on Eid?

Back in BLACK

Pages