How do you feel about Ramadan 2008?

166 posts / 0 new
Last post

The claim I am making was published in the monthly newsletter published by HMC. I will try and find the link InshaAllah.

Q. These stuff are imported from New Zealand and Australia. They claim that these stuff is butchered there in accordance with Shar'iah. Many ulemas and mashaaikh do not eat these in Makkah and Madinah, during Hajj and Umrah time. Is it permissible to eat that? I would be highly obliged for your guidance.

A. According to our observations, chicken meat in the Holy lands is obtained and slaughtered locally as well as imported. The local meat is Halal and can be identified by the 'al-Watania' packaging.

Imported chicken meat comes from many other countries besides New Zealand and Australia. People have witnessed chicken in boxes marked from other countries, for example, Holland. Since we are not certain whether all the chickens imported are slaughtered according to Shar'iah or not, it will not be permissible to consume any of the imported chickens. This is also the advice of many prominent Ulama residing in the Holy lands.

And Allah Taala Knows Best.

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai

New Zealand supplies meat to a lot of places. That does not, however, mean that the meat from there is haraam.

What you're quote/link is saying si that the scholar has not looked into it.

Saudi is pretty close a desert. Do you really expect all its produce/food to be "home grown", especially when feeding the numbers of people that it needs to?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Wow, loads of people are online.

Do people here tend to stay up after fajr, or go back to bed.

Personally I normally stay asleep until zhur, but that's because I'm not working.

last year (I was working) and I used to sleep strait after tahajjud, an hour or two after fajr and then an hour after work before iftar. It was the only way I got the required sleep.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i was just checking the radio but usually get 5-4hours sleep on a school night:(

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Ramadan isnt going as good as I would have liked Sad Please try and keep me in your du'as, and I will too in mine inshaAllah

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:
Ramadan isnt going as good as I would have liked Sad Please try and keep me in your du'as, and I will too in mine inshaAllah

You'll keep yourself in your du'as? How very generous of you!

(I know what you really meant) Blum 3

Ya'qub wrote:

Do people here tend to stay up after fajr, or go back to bed.

I wish. Have to get ready and head out for work Sad . But the upside to that is i get more done during the day. The only day i get to have lie in is on sunday

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Salam

Ramadan is always full of blessings and mercy of God for those close to God.

Yet fasting is burden to those who love God but little.

Love God and you will love to fast.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Ramadan is always full of blessings and mercy of God for those close to God.

Yet fasting is burden to those who love God but little.

Love God and you will love to fast.

Omrow

Everyone enjoys ramzaan (well to my knowledge), its just the hectic lifestyle that most of us lead that kinda ruins ramzaan.

One of the mosques near me gets absolutely rammed full.

There is a queue outside and bouncers until it gets full, when the doors are SLAMMED SHUT!

It looks like a nightclub from the outside, but instead of loud, bassy music playing, you just get uncles belching!

I think it used to be a warehouse, so quite possibly during the '80s there were actually raves there.

I also like the mosque in north london that used to be a pub, and because its a listed building it has to keep the original exterior when the Muslims took over ownership.

Very funny seeing a bunch of bearded, thobe-wearers walking merrily into the pub!

What irritates me is they want to knock down our mosque and rebuild it even bigger and better.
But the thing is theres nothing wrong with it. Its fine in its current state. We have 2 halls for guys and a separate hall for women. Yet they wanna knock it down and build a bigger one... why? Its hardly ever full. Ramadan started with 2 straight halls rammed packed with people and today we're on the 12th theres barely 1 hall full. And on top of that they're asking people to cough up £2 million to build the new one.

Back in BLACK

Salam

Naz wrote:

Everyone enjoys ramzaan (well to my knowledge),
its just the hectic lifestyle that most of us lead that kinda ruins ramzaan.

Yes. Blame it on the west again.

"Everything is somehow fault of the western way of life".

"Muslims cannot be held responsible for anything".

I think this is the true weakness of our character: Inability to recognise our own shortcomings.

We should be honest. This is the first lesson of of fasting in Ramadan.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Naz wrote:

I think this is the true weakness of our character: Inability to recognise our own shortcomings.

Omrow

Firslty i havent even mentioned the west and secondly i dont blame the west for my hectice lifestyle, i blame myself. I choose to take on the amount i have through my own freewill.

i'm lucky my school starts at quarter to 8 and finishes half day (islamic school)
i can do sooo much ibada and still have time for my homework. and dont forget my sleep.
yay me

it's not that I'm always right.....
I'm just never wrong

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Naz wrote:

Omrow

How is she blaming the west?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Where on earth is that sort of life style lived?

Almost everywhere. And if someone criticises alcohol does that mean they hate the west?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

monday will be the 15th day of ramadan, thats half of the month gone already! its flown. how's everyone feeling? do you think you've made the most of the month so far? i don't feel spiritual at all, which is kinda upsetting cz i had the tawfeeq to perform umrah. :(, don't know whats wrong with me. i've been sticking to my timetable, well trying to anyway but i'm still not feeling it.

why not go on one of those madani inamaat things like on the dawat e islami website its like basically diffrent sunnahs that you tick off everyday and if you missed on you do it the next etc.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i've already got a timetable, quite intense too.

Maybe that is the problem?

Timetables and "feeling" anything including religious probably do not mix too well.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Noor wrote:
huh

with timetables, you can be very strict and too disciplined... whereas a mental timetable isn't too bad because then you'll be making the ut-most effort of doing something and hence leading to self satisfaction!

Noor wrote:
i've already got a timetable, quite intense too.

its not really a timetable its hard to explain its very benficial.

a timetable is a must if you want to achieve certain things in ramadan. if i didn't have a timetable i know i wouldn't have done certain acts of ibadah because i would have simply forgot about them but because i have my timetable staring at me with the ticks and crosses, i know whether if i'm wasting my time or making the most of it.

Could you send me one? please

achievements are overrated.

Why accomplish things when you don't have to?

thats one of the most stupidests things i heard.

Personally I set myself a goal at the beginning of Ramadan, with a list of things to do in order of importance.

At the top were complete all my fasts and fardh prayers on time (duh...)

Underneath were specific acts like attending Taraweh, other sunnah prayers, reading Qur'an, giving sadaqah, dhikr etc.

Underneath that were general personality traits/habits, such as being kind to my mother, patient with drunk people on the train, staying calm, not wasting time listening to music etc.

Now, I haven't got a daily timetable of rituals, because this seems (for me) too rigid and not an effective way of connecting with Allah (swt). Some acts may benefit me more on certain days, something might happen which makes things easier/more difficult. I might, for instance, have on my timetable 'after fajr, read Qur'an for so-and-so time/so-many pages. But after fajr, I might benefit more from sitting making du'aa for 20 mins, or dusting the house for my mum. A person's relationship with Allah (swt) is 100% personal, and to follow guidelines that someone else has written for them seems (to me) to lose the whole 'individual' element of it.

The other benefit (In my opinion) with my method is that if you 'crash' or have an 'off day', you can pick up where you left off the following day and not feel like you've 'fallen behind your schedule', which might make you disheartened.

But everyone functions in a particular way. Some people will benefit in different ways to others. If anyone here feels that they aren't getting quite what they had hoped from Ramadan this year, then it is not too late to change your approach. We are halfway through, and laylat al-Qadr is approaching us soon, insha'Allah. That night is equal to 1000 months. That is over 83 years. I'm sure you all know this.

I am typing this to my self, before anyone else.

Pages