Your Views: Fallen Ummah, Why is it still on the floor?

I was looking through some documentaries on the Islamic empire and stuff, it was quite amazing to see, after only 50years; how explosive and Impactful Islam actually was on the world map. And basically what came to my mind, is that at the time Islam starting from scratch, from birth was so powerful, and the followers were held so tightly together as an Ummah etc then how and why today, when Islam is all over the world etc is the Ummah so shattered? and even if a the global ummah is shattered why are even Muslim countries e.g Saudi, not collective or at least a national ummah?

I was wondering if you would like to share your views on why The Ummah is still on the floor? and How did it fall in the first place? and where are we flawing today?

Because i am totally flabbergasted lol

So you think every day it gets worse and worse?! Yh but why do you think it is happening??

Mahsallah thats good, we are right behind you. If you think you can do the job, you must first of all see where the fault is; so where do you think that the fault is?

The Ummah of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and it's people are the most down trodden, and humiliated people on this earth. The simplicity and ease in which Kuffar can divided us is frighten, as Saykh Abdullah Azzam ra said, our enemies don’t defeat us, but Muslims defeat themselves.

Lets look at this objectively, it started with queen Victoria and her ambition to conquer the world with the help of local traitors .

You see the history of your own area . All these happended in areas and countries around India. And the salve Indian army, Indian Money and materials perpetrated all these. Along with it, they destroyed Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Somalia, Eastern Africa, Sundan and Burma where Islam was spreading.

The British government in India somehow wanted to pacify the anger of Indian Muslims. For this purpose it secretly sent Khan Bahadur (Agent) to Mecca to bring fatwa of Kufr against the Ottoman rulers.

Extracts from Prisoner of Malta

Revolt of the Arabs against the Turks was part of a conspiracy against the Turkish Ottoman Empire. Thus a feeling of separate nationalism was infused among the Arabs . From time to time the fair of nationalism amongst the Arabs through their writings and speeches. But T.E Lawrence is the most prominent among them. After proclaiming Islam as his religion, he set out to bring about it’s reformation. His eloquent Arabic and fiery speeches used to mesmerize the Arabs. This exercise proved a great success. The feeling of hatred against the Turks took strong roots in them. The revolt of Sharif-was the bitter fruit of the whole exercise

Strangely, however the residents of medina remained loyal to the Turks rulers till the last moment, and their loyalty was an unpardonable act in the eyes of the British. They were made to pass through the cruelest testing times. All supplies and provisions of the city were blocked. So much so that hundreds of attendants at the sacred Mosque of the Prophet (saW) died of hunger.

It would be quit appropriate here to ponder upon the reason why the residents of Madina remained faithful to Turkey. When we look at it deeply, we find that the secret of this loyalty was their confidence in Maulana Hussain Ahmad Mandai and his assoiates

While Maulan Hussain Ahmad Mandai was in Medina and fasting during the holy month of Ramadan, Sharif--and his Arabs mercenaries where shelling Medina, and it didn’t stop so furiously they attacked by day and night, not a single taraweeh was recited fully because of the gun battles! Subhaan’Allah they wanted to kill one hero of Islam that defied them and eanted to unit Ummah of Prophet :saw. The “Muslim” traitors help the British succeed in doing so. This is the bloody root of the “Royal” Saudi-British family

It’s rather easy for one to be despondent and greatly sadden by the current state of the Ummah , but Allah in all his majestic wisdom doesn’t want us to despair but to change our condition

“Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

RashidGhazi wrote:
The Ummah of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and it's people are the most down trodden, and humiliated people on this earth.

Err....Jehovah's Witnesses? Hari Krishnas?

More seriously:

your post ignores the cause of much Arab nationalism and resistance to the Caliphate, which was the fact that it was the Ottomans themselves who were racist, treating the Arabs badly.

Resistance to this was understandable.

BUT, the mistake was to side with the colonialists, who were not the Arabs' friends, they were merely using a divide and conquer technique.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Maybe you are comfortable in your detached house with central heating, but I cannot say the same for my people, there is nothing in this ummah that makes me proud, and the disease of nationalism is evident because the removal of the greatest protectors of the Ummah for 600 years, opened the flood gates for some of the worst atrocities recorded in history to happen to Muslims , when has Arab nationalism ever defended or defeated there enemies?

Arab nationalism was a fused waiting to be ignited and the colonial britshers knew that all to well, like they did in Hind with the Pakistani nationalist. It doesn’t matter what country or what period but the pattern of divided and conquer is the same.

Arab resistance to Ottomans was mainly Nationalistic because they believed in uniting hijaz for their own need's. And would often cause steer up mischief amongst their protectors because “Arabs” more specifically the Al Saud believed they are the rightful heirs of their kingdom, and I only have to mention what inferior complexity the Arabs have, just observed how many poor immigrant Pilipino, Indian, Bengali and Pakistani Muslims are treated in the Kingdom, often made examples of for Arab Shariah punishment.

Hadith - Al-Bukhari and Muslim, and other narration by at-Tirmidhee (no. 2867) and Ahmad (4/130).

Allaah’s Messenger (SAAWS) said, "He who sees from his ruler something he dislikes, let him be patient with him, for he who splits away from the Jamaa’ah by a handspan and then dies, dies a death of Jaahiliyyah" and in a narration, "then he has thrown off the yoke of Islaam from his neck."

“Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

On the other hand it was under the ottomon empire that the armenian massacre happened...

In the current world with no Islamic empire, we are more free to practice Islam here in the west than in "Muslim" lands and there is no certainty that a newer pan Muslim state would give us the same amount of benefits.

Then there is the question of torture. It is not allowed here, but in Muslim countries...

I don't think we really have it that bad.

(One of the reasons why the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) emigrated and started a new state was that because he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was prevented from preaching and practising Islam in Makkah.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The Armenian issue is a very contentious issue , I could debate this and I did once with an Armenian Muslim girl in college , till she started to cry and I’ve never forgotten myself because I hurt her feelings because I loved my country [Turkey]

Under the Ottomans they should have protected the Armenians as there citizens , but history inst black and white and incidents happened which lead to this atrocities, but the fall of the Ottomans really did open the flood gates for Europeans

You say we, but you speak for yourself , until you’ve travelled out of England then you will see what state this Ummah is in.

That may be the case, but I can only speak for me.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I don’t disagree with you that Muslim in the west are better off , however “our” forefathers didn’t make Hijra to come to the UK to spread Islam, they came to give there children a better quality of life, but why did they have to leave in the first place?

I’m hardly surprise to hear about bad apples within the Muslim community when we entered this land for money and not for Allah.

RashidGhazi wrote:
I hurt her feelings because I loved my country [Turkey]

salam,

you're from turkey? I can see why you are so strongly opposed to nationalism because over there it is used in a very anti-islamic way.

On the topic of Islamic Resurgence/Revival, especially in Turkey, what do you know about the Fethullah Gülen movement?

He has just been voted as Prospect Magazine's top intellectual in the world (the whole top 10 are Muslims), it is positive, no?

Ya'qub wrote:
On the topic of Islamic Resurgence/Revival, especially in Turkey, what do you know about the Fethullah Gülen movement?

He has just been voted as Prospect Magazine's top intellectual in the world (the whole top 10 are Muslims), it is positive, no?

Wow that is quite surprising.

As it happens I bought 3 books about Fethullah Gülen from Islam Expo.

This is the top ten:
1 Fethullah Gülen (*)

2 Muhammad Yunus (*)

3 Yusuf Al-Qaradawi (56)

4 Orhan Pamuk (54)

5 Aitzaz Ahsan (*)

6 Amr Khaled (*)

7 Abdolkarim Soroush (15)

8 Tariq Ramadan (58)

9 Mahmood Mamdani (*)

10 Shirin Ebadi (12)

So basically because of external influences, the Ummah has been shedding its skin till nothing is left?

But what is the thing that sparked such a rise in Islam in the first place, maybe that spark has been lost/forgotten. No?

Empires come and go. There's nothing perculiar about Muslim empires no longer being what they were.

If Muslims are now divided into various nation-states then so is everybody else. Do the Roman, British, French empires still exist? No. Instead there are various nation-states.

If there's any hope for the future, it probably lies in Muslim countries following the example of the EU and building up a system of common laws, trade, travel, and other such cooperation.

Having said that, constant self-pitying doesn't help. If things are bad they can get worse and no doubt things have been worse than this in the past.

A sheikh I was speaking to likened the situation today (in some ways) to the Year of Sorrow that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and his companions (ra) faced all sorts of trials and problems. They said that it was this year that strengthened their iman the most.

So ask yourself this: If the Muslim Ummah was successful at the moment, with no problems, lots of wealth and prosperity, would our faith be the same as it is today?

In the Qu'ran it says that people are more conscious of Allah (swt) when their boat is in stormy weather than when they're safe on dry land.

The situation of the Ummah has happened by the Will of Allah (swt), it is a test for all of us, and it gives us all the opportunity to gather up good deeds.

Why should we want paradise on earth? If we do good then we shall be granted a Paradise far greater than any amount of success in the dunya, insha'Allah.

So basically, stop complaining, because it is a sign of ingratitude.