Good Manners

Salaam

what does Islam say about manners.

And do we follow Islam in this respect?

This topic is not to accuse anyone.

But for everyone to look at themselves and think wether they play their part.

what manners are most important to you?

Social conduct, which includes manners, is one of the five branches of Islam. Unfortunately the vast majority of us are completely ignorant of this branch and therefore neglectful of it.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Being mindful your words or actions don't offend anyone or anger Allaah ta'ala.

Respect and consideration for your fellow human being.... and ladybugs.

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

Being kind, respecting others, behavin in a good manner towards others, being considerate..

"angel" wrote:
Being kind, respecting others, behavin in a good manner towards others, being considerate..

everything your not :roll:

Lol Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

everything your not :roll:

Lol Lol

Did anyone ask duh boy :roll:

Those four characteristics are me (most of the time)

polite, humble, patient, loving ,respect...greeting a fellow muslim courteously

and plz to the people who yawn without covering your mouth

The son of Abu Said al-Khudri reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: "When one of you yawns, he should keep his mouth shut with the help of his hand, for it is the devil that enters therein. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Pertaining to Piety and Softening of Hearts (Kitab Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqa'iq), Book 042, Number 7130)"

no name calling.. i see a lot on this forum

O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong. (The Noble Quran, 49:11)"

good manners is seen in those who are less talk and more action

this is one area which I strongly think that only them who practise it can chat about it

Salaam

A wise man said “good manners is all about tolerance”.

Sufi’s were known to appoint harsh/argumentative people who used to abuse them in public…and it was because of them that they acquired their praiseworthy traits of patience and tolerance.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said through good manners a man can become beloved of Allah (swt) even though he may be weak in worship.

Good manners is also what attracts people to others…a gentle disposition and tolerant nature is what wins the hearts of others.

Wasalaam

Salam

"Admin" wrote:
what does Islam say about manners.

And do we follow Islam in this respect?

what manners are most important to you?

Three questions. Three answers:

1. God says that to Him the most beloved people are those who have the best attitudes. And the Prophet said that he was sent only to correct people's manners.

2. Yes "we" do. But not all of "us". On the whole, Muslims are the most good mannered people on God's good earth. Next come Christians and Jews. Politician of all sorts are the worst offenders in terms of behavior despite their rants of "political correctness".

3. Politeness and fairness. These are two of the most important three characteristics that ought to be sought by any person who wishes to be considered on the side of "good".

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
On the whole, Muslims are the most good mannered people on God's good earth.

How far would you agree with your statement?

I can't help but think that Muslims possess the worst manners, even though it is our religion that stresses it importance.

"Omrow" wrote:
On the whole, Muslims are the most good mannered people on God's good earth.

Dats wat Islam teaches n wat a tru Muslim is nt a Muslim by name coz dats wat most of r nwdayz.

We alwayz take Islam in2 pieces n nt as a whole

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Salam

Majority are Muslims are the best behaved people you will ever come across.

Yes, we do also have black sheep among us. We are not perfect.

But no one can show a candle to Muslims in terms of morality and ethics.

I mean, just look at my pious sister on this forum. Which other community can produce such a noble woman? Remarkable characteristics. Outstanding personality.

By the way, Americans come very close to Muslims in good attitude.

Thats why I get along so much with the Americans.

At the moment they are a bit scared. They think ALL muslims are out to get them. Its not their fault. Their media constantly pours out large amount of muslim phobia. We often do the same. We tend to think that America is out destroy Islam. Silly thinking.

Omrow

PAKI muslims have the worst manners

then Arab Muslims

Paki's are famous for being argumentative and unreliable (they always turn up 3 hours late for everything)

both Arab and Paki's are famous for being arrogant

so I do not beleive that muslims possess the best manners

I say christians are better then us

not many christians left in UK to judge

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i suppose i should say christians but "white people"

they full of "please and thankyou"

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

...and how many do you see who are drunkards, wild people, bad mannered etc?

plenty

you cant generalise..........theres too many of them

and about muslims, with us bieng muslims, were quick to pick up on the bad ones....and we ignore the fact there are many good ones

i dont buy what ur sayin, that muslims are the worst of people 2day

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I actually think Arab are very well mannered. I remember going on the marches in central London a couple of years ago and a arab inviting us round his house when we ask where the nearest toilet were and he offer to feed us and gave us a place to pray, generally the arab I met have been very nice, the young are slightly arrogant but the elder ain't that bad.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Really Elmer? I've found quite the opposite to be the case on some occasion. I find Arabs, well the ones I've been unfortunate enough to meet in London, quite arrogant and self-important.

Of course, there's always, ALWAYS exceptions Smile

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

lol I was not talking in a general sense when starting this topic, but the fact that these forums were starting to go down the drain.

accusations, counter accusations, insults,more insults etc. I myself was not innocent either.

the thread was just as a watermark, saying enough is enough. It was way too subtle!

However everything seems to have improved.

Arabs. well what can I say. well....

They are humans aswell. not better, not worse than anyone else.However every society has its peculiarities.

Arabs just seem pretentious alot of time. We also judge them with a dou ble standard. We think If we lived in Saudi, we would be better muslims, practice Islam more etc. We demand that of Arabs.

However we are all the same. some good, some bad.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think its fair to say you cant generalise any race

Pakis Stink....but they all do a lot of Deen-y work

Arabs are snobs......but they have some of the best Sheikhs

Bengali's are corrupt..........but they also are more active than pakis

English people are good for entertainment (had a laff on em on the bus 2day Lol )...........but they can also be very polite and understanding

IMO, you cant say one race is better than others

Muslims should be the best of mankind, and there are living Examples....however, most of us choose to concentrate on the black sheep

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

....however, most of us choose to concentrate on the black sheep

I think that might because the one with the bad manners (i.e. the black sheep) are the ones who make the most noise...they are the ones that people notice first....you couldnt miss them even if you wanted to.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

....however, most of us choose to concentrate on the black sheep

I think that might because the one with the bad manners (i.e. the black sheep) are the ones who make the most noise...they are the ones that people notice first....you couldnt miss them even if you wanted to.

It's also far easier to pay attention to another person's obvious faults then to sit down and analyze our own, or have the courage to listen when someone else mirrors our faults back to us

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
and about muslims, with us bieng muslims, were quick to pick up on the bad ones....and we ignore the fact there are many good ones

no ones ignoring the good ones :roll:

however no one is ignoring the bad ones either

Ones with bad manners are TOO in ur face-

a person with bad manners inconveninces EVERYONE

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

...and how many do you see who are drunkards, wild people, bad mannered etc?

plenty

you cant generalise..........theres too many of them

i dont buy what ur sayin, that muslims are the worst of people 2day

if a christian has no manners he dont luv jesus....

in "real life" i handle myself with manners, (believe it or not Wink )

dis is only sparring on da internet, so u can give it large potatoes..

its true, there aintmany christians left in uk....da chavs have taken over...

about 3% of brits attend church...and most of them r catholic irish immigrants...if i go church on sunday, i am always depressed by da empty pews, but inspired by da decent ppl who do bother to turn up...

as far as manners go....id say indian ppl have da best manners of all...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

lol you're reinforcing my image of godless europe.

You're right about manners being important to Christian life though it's never stated directly but it's pretty well implied.

George are you episcopal?

i wouldnt say Europe is Godless

the Spanish and Italians are very religious, i thinks they mainly Catholics

but u gotta admit....theyre aint much Christianity left in UK, and i have respect for the proper Christians who attend their churches and live life according to thier religion

and as Aphro said, were too quick to point fingers at other people

were far from perfect and we all have faults within us

rather than setting sail to change the world....we need to solve the problems back home

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

bad manners exist

amongst ourselves AND others

we need to look at ourselves AND others

and like I pointed out above-person with bad manners inconveninces EVERYONE around him/her

we couldnt ignore him even if we wanted to

"Constantine" wrote:
lol you're reinforcing my image of godless europe.

You're right about manners being important to Christian life though it's never stated directly but it's pretty well implied.

George are you episcopal?

lol...emperor Dave...i dont exactly know wot dat means :oops:

i a disillusioned member of the C of E...i actually prefer going to other churches...esp da local baptist church with a friend...they good ppl, mostly caribbean christians...they know how to express love...

but i always feel guilty for being a traitor to my tradition....

most of europe is godless thesedays...catholics still hold firm, but even the heartlands of ireland, spain and italy r struggling to retain da faithful...

apparently poland is da most religious nation in europe...highest number of trainee catholic priests r from da land...prob a backlash against da commies...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE