Doctor Who

104 posts / 0 new
Last post

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
I want Donna back as the assistant! I think she was great. There was no attachment in that sense with the Doctor and she was completely independent in comparison to Martha and Rose who were like maidens in distress.

/Darth Vader

NNNOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!

/End Darth Vader.

You didn't like Donna?

no, I find her very annoying.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
no, I find her very annoying.

WHY?

She's very compatible with the Doctor!

she's annoying loud and obnoxious. its the whole "am I bovvered?" chavvette role tht she used to do in come unfunny comedy role before that has been carried over. it was not funyn then, it is not funny now. IMO.

The doctor was dumbed down in some scenes in the season in order to make her "have a role"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
she's annoying loud and obnoxious. its the whole "am I bovvered?" chavvette role tht she used to do in come unfunny comedy role before that has been carried over. it was not funyn then, it is not funny now. IMO.

The doctor was dumbed down in some scenes in the season in order to make her "have a role"

But do you not think she makes a nice change from Martha and Rose?

I never really watched her comedy shows before. And I still don't. So, I suppose Im judging her from the Doctor Who. Smile

I like it that shes loud and obnoxious...really different from the doctor and she speaks her mind.

Martha was crap due to crap writing.

Rose was ok at the start until they decided to make her... forever-sad.

Both of them, could and did speak their minds too. just less loud and obnoxious.

Didn't you find the "oh, but we're not together, not like that!" references in every single episode annoying?

You wrote:
Martha was crap due to crap writing.

Rose was ok at the start until they decided to make her... forever-sad.

So Donna makes a nice change from them both?

You wrote:
Didn't you find the "oh, but we're not together, not like that!" references in every single episode annoying?

Not annoying. I just did think everytime they said that, that it sound funny, or whatever effect they were trying to give.

a change, but not nice. so not a nice change. IMO.

An obnoxious change. annoying one.

(I ahd not seen any of catherine tates earlier work too, so I did give her a fair chance. Maybe some of the obnoxiousness was exacerbated by bad writing?)

Is there something wrong with having a loud character in there? or even an obnoxious one? Doesn't it make it more exciting?

s.b.f wrote:
Is there something wrong with having a loud character in there? or even an obnoxious one? Doesn't it make it more exciting?

Not if it makes me want to turn the thing off because of it.

Maybe it is me - I just dislike people who are too loud or talk too fast. unforgivable character traits.

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Not if it makes me want to turn the thing off because of it.

Maybe it is me - I just dislike people who are too loud or talk too fast. unforgivable character traits.

How is being loud and talking too fast unforgivable character traits?

Is it because you can't keep up with what she was saying? (No offence)

s.b.f wrote:

None taken. I just dislike it. Sometimes I get louder, but as soon as I notice, back to near monotonous voice...

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

None taken. I just dislike it. Sometimes I get louder, but as soon as I notice, back to near monotonous voice...

But why are they UNFORGIVABLE traits?

because they annoy me and when they do, there is no way to ignore them?

They hint at stupidity to me and I dislike unneeded stupidity - you get those characters in stories that are erm... cannon fodder. "everyone stay together" "wait, I need to go into this dark room alone"...

things like that can annoy me. But it has to be done in a certain annoying way to be fully effective.

You wrote:

Fool

s.b.f wrote:
You wrote:

Fool

it is entertainment. it is meant to entertain me.

You wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
You wrote:

Fool

it is entertainment. it is meant to entertain me.

Oh right.

Definitely.

The world revolves around you.

Smile

My world does.

ok, predictions for tomorrows episode. I will take a few risks here, but some will be less so.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3wBPnsNj_U]

1. Rose will be in it. (there is no mention of her being in it, but RTD likes doing such things)

2. the human race will survive. this one is a no brainer.

3. There will be daleks in there (like #1, there is no mention, but well, RTD likes Daleks)

4. there will be a deus Ex Machina moment where everything gets solved in two minutes. maybe a by a device called "the moment".

5. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" (Tennants catchphrase. I have no reason to see it being in there, but just adding it to the list.)

6. Wilfred will be a timelord in hiding.

7. Doctor Donna will return and be just as annoying.

8. There will be running.

I think that is enough for now. put your alternative list here - and then try to guess how many of the above will be there. (I never added "there will be a gay reference" in order to... well.. erm.. don't know why. to not be negative, that is.)

I am going to make amends to your post:

You wrote:

1. Rose will not be in it.

3. There will be daleks in there

4. there will be a deus Ex Machina moment where everything gets solved in two minutes. maybe a by a device called "the moment". (NOOOOO)

5. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" (Tennants catchphrase. I have no reason to see it being in there, but just adding it to the list.) Lol

6. Wilfred will be a timelord in hiding. (I am interested in seeing what happens with Wilfred)

7. Doctor Donna will return and will be fun!

8. There will be loads more running .

9. Matt Smith?

have to throw my ten pence in here. lol. i love doctor who. but then i'm a big kid so. i can watch it repeatedly (have done :oops: ).my whole family from my nan to my youngest cousin aged 3 love it. on christmas we all sat down to watch the special. feel a bit tearful over david tennants empending exit. but i love it, its a brilliant show. those who think its stupid, why bother to watch it? obviously theres something catching your attention.lol

Not sure about Matt Smith appearing - it would make sense.

However... one other thing I realised... next series will be filmed in HD... the current once wasn't because the current tardis would not look as good in HD... so does it get destroyed, and the doctor get a new tardis?

So:

10. The Tardis gets destroyed.

Didnt quite get the ending. ??

I thought he said he couldnt go back in time like that, but only in his own timeline?? So now he did, but multiple times saving people?? Wats that all abot.

And i didnt really like the luk of the new guy... he looks very odd. And not in a Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey way.

He didn't used to do all that stuff "because it was wrong innit?" kind of like how he at first did not help the people in "the waters of mars".

But now... since it was "the end", he was not afraid to meddle and change the "important events" like stopping people he knew from being killed.

its a shame that the Timelords were not "reintroduced", and who thought destroying them would be as easy as shooting a computer? Kind of easy.

The looks all kinds of awesome.

You wrote:
1. Rose will be in it. (there is no mention of her being in it, but RTD likes doing such things)

3. There will be daleks in there (like #1, there is no mention, but well, RTD likes Daleks)

4. there will be a deus Ex Machina moment where everything gets solved in two minutes. maybe a by a device called "the moment".

5. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" (Tennants catchphrase. I have no reason to see it being in there, but just adding it to the list.)

6. Wilfred will be a timelord in hiding.

7. Doctor Donna will return and be just as annoying.

8. There will be running.

I think that is enough for now. put your alternative list here - and then try to guess how many of the above will be there. (I never added "there will be a gay reference" in order to... well.. erm.. don't know why. to not be negative, that is.)

Rose was in it, but not how Imagined. No Daleks (apart from destroyed ships shown on Gallifrey). I was right about 4 - just shoot a pc and everything goes back to normal. 5 happened, but only half - just the one sorry, not two. 6 never happened. Donna was there and not annoying. Mainly because she passed out. There was little running either.

Sephy wrote:
And i didnt really like the luk of the new guy... he looks very odd. And not in a Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey way.

Lol I dont even know what that means. I think he looked odd, because David tennant is better. But but..looking at the trailer I think...he won't be bad.

But because in the last show, david tennant went through each of his companions one by one...I think that means that..its an ending to all these characters Sad although I wouldnt mind (apart from Jack) seeing their faces once in a while in the new series.

I like Wilfred Smile

AND who was that woman Time Lord exactly? When Wilfred asked the Doctor..he didnt answer?

Oh and he nearly cried..so glad the tears didnt come out..I was sitting there ready to swap channels.

You wrote:
Rose was in it, but not how Imagined. No Daleks (apart from destroyed ships shown on Gallifrey). I was right about 4 - just shoot a pc and everything goes back to normal. 5 happened, but only half - just the one sorry, not two. 6 never happened. Donna was there and not annoying. Mainly because she passed out. There was little running either.

Lol

I still like donna, she made me laugh even when she recovered. Leave her alone!

Yep..and I was disappointed at the shooting the pc..thing..didn't fully understand that.

Anyway: back to mourning: loss of David tennant.

(he also fell like a mile without getting hurt.)

You wrote:
(he also fell like a mile without getting hurt.)

That's David Tennant for you. Amazing. *eyes shining*

LOL how can you not know what Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey means??? And you call yourself a fan!! HA No fan be you! I deride your fan being abilities! He explains it in my fav episode, the one with the crying angels, think its called Blink.

Yeh i hav to admit, the whole shoot the pc and everythings gonna be alrite was a little downer. And FINALLY an explanation for the drums in the Masters head! I did like how the Doctor threw a hissy fit before going into the chamber that was almost human Smile

Is it me, or was the Time Lords final answer to "transcend this plane" sound a bit like mass suicide? :S

And yeh the falling a mile without seriously hurting himself was a lil ott wtf?? Still he was a bluddy briliant doctor.

Back in BLACK

Pages