Doctor Who

104 posts / 0 new
Last post

Not as bad as some of his previous episodes.

Only a few more howlers from RTD to go and then there is a chance that the show will be ever so slightly less crap.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It was very bleh...

Would hav preferd to watch the new Red Dwarf episodes.

Back in BLACK

Never watched them. Any good?

I doubt I have seen much Red Dwarf at all.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I've never even heard of the Red Dwarf!

But I liked the Easter special doctor who. David Tennant's grin! Biggrin

s.b.f wrote:
I've never even heard of the Red Dwarf!

Me neither!

s.b.f wrote:
But I liked the Easter special doctor who. David Tennant's grin! Biggrin

I thought it might be better but it was ok.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I loved the edning! That Seer woman said that the Doctor's Song is edning, "it" will come through the darkness, and he will knock four times (I think it's the Master).

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
(I think it's the Master).

Why?

(overall, I thought it was drowning in lameness. Different tastes I guess.)

He knocks four times, you've had to have watched the 3rd Series to get it.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

I did, but I will accept your answer. I can go around not noticing such small things...

I think there are a couple of specials near the end of this year/in autumn followed by a "proper season" next year.

"proper season" in quotes because seasons of British shows seems to be rather short - anywhere from 8 to 13 episodes, where as in America, the shorter seasons are 13 episodes, going all the way up to 24 in many cases of popular shows.

end of this year!!....

I miss David Tennant.

He will appear in the CBBC show with Sarah Jane at some point. and then in the specials he will probably be killed off in the first one... if not that, then the second. I think.

You wrote:
I think there are a couple of specials near the end of this year/in autumn followed by a "proper season" next year.

"proper season" in quotes because seasons of British shows seems to be rather short - anywhere from 8 to 13 episodes, where as in America, the shorter seasons are 13 episodes, going all the way up to 24 in many cases of popular shows.

Why are you being American for?

They're called 'series', not 'seasons' .

Blah!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Sarah Jane! Noooooo. . .

Well, she's okay really.

Hmmm..

i have never watched doctor who or any of the programmes mentioned on this site. they all seem boring.

Noor wrote:
i have never watched doctor who or any of the programmes mentioned on this site. they all seem boring.

:O

David tennant is not boring!

David Tennant is not a TV show...

... and the writing of Doctor Who (especially episodes written by the head writer) can leave a lot to be desired.

You wrote:
David Tennant is not a TV show...

Let me rephrase.

Noor:

Doctor Who is not boring!

I'm quite looking forward to Matt Smith as the new Doctor...but if he doesn't have that grin.....

Seems like its a show for geekz and saddos wud never watch it seems so boring and just well .......boorrinngg
[no offence meant to saddos and geekz] lmao

St786 wrote:
Seems like its a show for geekz and saddos wud never watch it seems so boring and just well .......boorrinngg
[no offence meant to saddos and geekz] lmao

HEY!

You love the thought of over achieving, that makes u a geek, yet u dont like Dr Who. That means its not [just] for geeks! Beee

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lol yeah i regret those terms mayb there not the best two terms as bein a geek aint always a bad thing haha ,erm dunno the show may be for erm science nerds o finee the shows fine to watch lol satisfaction for everyone haha

St786 wrote:
Lol yeah i regret those terms mayb there not the best two terms as bein a geek aint always a bad thing haha ,erm dunno the show may be for erm science nerds o finee the shows fine to watch lol satisfaction for everyone haha

Good Smile

Doing a google search for threads is so much more faster than using the Search bar here, no offense.

What did people think of yesterday's Doctor who?

Did anyone think it lacked comedy? I mean, I found myself laughing when Wilf (is that his name?) pointed at those two green people and said they were cactuses...but but but its still Doctor who...and david tennant...so all good!

I want Donna back as the assistant! I think she was great. There was no attachment in that sense with the Doctor and she was completely independent in comparison to Martha and Rose who were like maidens in distress.

s.b.f wrote:
I want Donna back as the assistant! I think she was great. There was no attachment in that sense with the Doctor and she was completely independent in comparison to Martha and Rose who were like maidens in distress.

/Darth Vader

NNNOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!

/End Darth Vader.

The start was very... I would say harry potter, but since I have not watched that (and it may be good) ... well, it could have been filmed over a couldron with someone wearing a pointy hat and using a frogs leg, and eye of the newt etc to make a magic potion...

I thought the comedy bits were ok. The crying bit on the other hand... eurgh.

The quick glimpse of James Bond was good.

The Master... why did the potion not kill him? why could he just so high and shoot electricity out of his hands?

The cactus people were unnecessary. Too prickly. (geddit?)

The Master race moment was lame - seeing the same person over and over again never had the effect I expect the director intended it to have...

However, the final reveal at the end rescued the episode. "For Victory..."

I just hope that RTD does not do his usual for its ending. A reboot of the series could be fun, but I suspect it will go that way for the whole episode... for the doctor to click his fingers in the last seconds to undo everything.

So who was it who knocked four times???

we already knew that. apparently knocking four times is a sign of the master... but next weeks trailer suggests it may be mroe than that and a call sign for Monsieur Bond.

(you can watch the last two minutes - the rest was buildup. even the last two minutes were buildup really for next weeks final finale.)

Pages