Cyber Relationships

I've been following some threads in this forum over the last few days.

Interestingly, I've noticed all kinds of emotions, feelings and different ways of interaction being expressed.

Anger, rage, warmth, friendliness, laughter(lol), smiles, frowns, affection, love, hate, embarassment.

More interesting, events took a twist when people, were taking time off due to annoyance, sabbaticals due to stress, blaming others for invoking passion and rage and vowing not to apologise to someone.

Others expressed the love they feel for each other and warmth they feel by another's presence.

It seems like a cafe with all the members sitting around a table. Except it's a cyber cafe with little or no holding back.

If forums can do this much what else can they do? People have committed suicides and crimes because of them. What else? I've described all the emotions invoked and expressed except one.

A couple of members got married in another forum.

Can a man and a woman fall in love and feel affection for each other? If so what are the implications since it seems there is only one difference between a normal cafe and this cyber one.

LOL

good topic and welcome to the forum

but i dont believe in online marraiges

people are diff behind the screen (me being one of them)

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
LOL

good topic and welcome to the forum

but i dont believe in online marraiges

people are diff behind the screen (me being one of them)

Yeh exacly, if you like someone's online personality but later you find they are nothin like that, it would be a bit awkard, hey are u that guest after one of the sisters on this forum for marriage?

This place did remind me of Eastenders.

On the Romance bit, I cannot see it happening as the Cyber cafe allow people to have two faces and the one you think you getting is normally not what u expecting. Most people know that and most people here are freaks anyway.

It just a good place to come and get opinion and waste time. Nothing more nothing less.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"sweep" wrote:
I've been following some threads in this forum over the last few days.

Interestingly, I've noticed all kinds of emotions, feelings and different ways of interaction being expressed.

Anger, rage, warmth, friendliness, laughter(lol), smiles, frowns, affection, love, hate, embarassment.

More interesting, events took a twist when people, were taking time off due to annoyance, sabbaticals due to stress, blaming others for invoking passion and rage and vowing not to apologise to someone.

Others expressed the love they feel for each other and warmth they feel by another's presence.

It seems like a cafe with all the members sitting around a table. Except it's a cyber cafe with little or no holding back.

Have we unwittingly become the subjects of some psychological study?
:?

i know that my sister is exactly the same online/off line

and I know angel is too (my sister told me about her-they've met)

there are some other mates of mine who aint regulars-but they also the same online and off line

I'm the only fraud here :?

but i still dont agree with online marraiges

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i know that my sister is exactly the same online/off line

and I know angel is too (my sister told me about her-they've met)

there are some other mates of mine who aint regulars-but they also the same online and off line

I'm the only fraud here :?

but i still dont agree with online marraiges

Yes, but everyone has a different opinion of everyone here, like some may consider someone clever and funny and other may consider some one slow and d umb.

But i agree with you on the marriage bit, because alot come down to lifestyle and that not easy to match. Especially over the internet.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

Yes, but everyone has a different opinion of everyone here, like some may consider someone clever and funny and other may consider some one slow and d umb.

i agree with u

some love the cavemen

MOST think that their views belong in the dark ages

but that aint what is being discussed here

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

i agree with u

some love the cavemen

MOST think that their views belong in the dark ages

but that aint what is being discussed here

I thought that what was getting discuss here. Anyway, I gotta go and try to adapt back into the real world again. :roll:

[url=http//

"sweep" wrote:
Can a man and a woman fall in love and feel affection for each other? If so what are the implications since it seems there is only one difference between a normal cafe and this cyber one.

Ofcourse its certainly possible for a man and a woman to fall in love over the internet happens all the time otherwise these online dating groups would be a waste of time, money and effort.

The only difference being between a regualr cafe and "cyber cafe" is that people can remain anonymous until they so choose otherwise.

But i dont think the revival forums is a place for such things. For one thing its main purpose is not online romances but for people to get togeather brothers and sister (protected behind the vail of anonimity) and discuss issues relavant to them.

Weither the revival will ever add such a service is a question for Admin & MrEd.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Weither the revival will ever add such a service is a question for Admin & MrEd.

Anyone wanting on-line romances could try the MPAC forum. It's getting way too steamy for my liking.

A few of the sisters on there are seriously worried about being left on the shelf.

:shock:

"irfghan" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

Anyone wanting on-line romances could try the MPAC forum. It's getting way too steamy for my liking.

A few of the sisters on there are seriously worried about being left on the shelf.

:shock:

lol, are they nearing their expiry date?

Back in BLACK

"irfghan" wrote:
Prob late 20s.

Is that all... they prob woke up and found a grey hair and had a mid-20s crisis which clearly involved freaking out and posting silly comments on MPAC.... that place used to be cool man... whatever happened?

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

But i dont think the revival forums is a place for such things. For one thing its main purpose is not online romances but for people to get togeather brothers and sister (protected behind the vail of anonimity) and discuss issues relavant to them.

I think this is an interesting topic.
Seraph bro you mention that the revival forum is not the place for such things. I think that perhaps there is a chance of things happening on these forums because of the fact that they are not designed for online romances. It means the people coming here will IMO be more truthful and honest than the ones who onto romance forums. I am guessing that in the romance forums people just put on a front to make themselves appeal to others, there is IMO atleast less of that going on in here so people get a real sense of who they talking to. Is it just me who thinks this way or do any others agree?

Having said that I have to say I am fraud. Perhaps I come across here as someone in practice Im not. I dont know whose, better the real me or my alter ego Medievalist.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

I think this is an interesting topic.
Seraph bro you mention that the revival forum is not the place for such things. I think that perhaps there is a chance of things happening on these forums because of the fact that they are not designed for online romances. It means the people coming here will IMO be more truthful and honest than the ones who onto romance forums. I am guessing that in the romance forums people just put on a front to make themselves appeal to others, there is IMO atleast less of that going on in here so people get a real sense of who they talking to. Is it just me who thinks this way or do any others agree?

Having said that I have to say I am fraud. Perhaps I come across here as someone in practice Im not. I dont know whose, better the real me or my alter ego Medievalist.

Thats an interesting point Med, but your forgetting alot of people are no where near what they're like online and may come across as one thing when in reality the reverse is actually true.
Take LilSis for example (no im not picking on you just using you as an example) online she has this confrontational, confident arrogance about her but even she admits that shes the complete opposite offline.

I do not deny that with such places like the revival forums people come closer togeather as a result of daily online conversation on the boards and the potential is there for people to mis-use it in non-Islamic ways no matter how noble the original intentions where but this i believe is where a little something called self-control comes into play. We must all exercise a little self-control the board mods ofcourse do their best but they cant be everywhere and im not sure if they can access what goes on in private messageing.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
Prob late 20s.

Is that all... they prob woke up and found a grey hair and had a mid-20s crisis which clearly involved freaking out and posting silly comments on MPAC.... that place used to be cool man... whatever happened?

Ahh well, that's women for ya.

"Seraph" wrote:

Thats an interesting point Med, but your forgetting alot of people are no where near what they're like online and may come across as one thing when in reality the reverse is actually true.
Take LilSis for example (no im not picking on you just using you as an example) online she has this confrontational, confident arrogance about her but even she admits that shes the complete opposite offline.

I do not deny that with such places like the revival forums people come closer togeather as a result of daily online conversation on the boards and the potential is there for people to mis-use it in non-Islamic ways no matter how noble the original intentions where but this i believe is where a little something called self-control comes into play. We must all exercise a little self-control the board mods ofcourse do their best but they cant be everywhere and im not sure if they can access what goes on in private messageing.

Yes some good points are made.

Im also not half as confrontational as I appear on the forum. I dont know why that is.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"irfghan" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
Prob late 20s.

Ahh well, that's women for ya.

drama queens :roll:

Back in BLACK

lol always found online relationships a little pathetic.

And a little dangerous at that...

It's better people find future husbands/wives the normal way.

For muslim young people it also seems like a way to cheat the antidating rule. There are lots of websites (like maniac muslim) that make talk about that.

"Medievalist" wrote:
Yes some good points are made.

Im also not half as confrontational as I appear on the forum. I dont know why that is.

It's way to be confrontational when it's not to somebody's face

hahha....online marriages, there was a program once on C4 about marriages via the net

one woman contaced this bloke from Saudi via msn and the families eventually met and they got married. she moved there and was generally happy...except they wouldnt let her drive, coz theyre woman :roll: (A potential CBI case there)

i still reckon best article on the Maniac Muslim site was the Online Nakkah one.....too funny Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

well we all have a chance to let loose on here. There are no consequences.

Thus people are more likely to give their real opinions here.

However, I myself do guard myself slightly.

I am abit more hardline on my views of things than I let show. I see things with fewer shades of grey.

Regarding online romances; its all just hullabaloo.

something to keep the tabloids happy. cxonsidering the number of people who are online, the amount of relationships (etc) created are virtually zero.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
well we all have a chance to let loose on here. There are no consequences.

yeah don't i know it :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
Thus people are more likely to give their real opinions here.

absoloutly!

"Admin" wrote:
Regarding online romances; its all just hullabaloo.

speak 4 ur self m8

"Admin" wrote:
the amount of relationships (etc) created are virtually zero.

well i have asked 3 ppl on dis 4rum to marry me....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

my mates uncle got married to a girl online

she ended up being a FREAK-

its only OK to get married to someone online if you've personally met the girl/boy as well

"Judda" wrote:

"Admin" wrote:
the amount of relationships (etc) created are virtually zero.

well i have asked 3 ppl on dis 4rum to marry me....

Resulting in zero relationships.

no harm in trying

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
my mates uncle got married to a girl online

she ended up being a FREAK-

its only OK to get married to someone online if you've personally met the girl/boy as well

lol by freak do you mean emotionally unbalanced or like a giant bug with purple wings?

Way to go lilsis's mates uncle - fool.

I know of a person in our clan who got married to some girl from south africa, he met her over the internet and the whole family went over to meet her and get the two married. Then a few months later marriage failure and divorce. Sighs

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
I know of a person in our clan who got married to some girl from south africa, he met her over the internet and the whole family went over to meet her and get the two married. Then a few months later marriage failure and divorce. Sighs

That's rather sad...

How was South Africa?

I dunno. His family went over, not the entire clan!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages