Islam and the Media

I find it very interesting to see the relationship that Islam and the media has. Who is exactly to blame for Islam being seen so negative in the media. Is it muslims fault as a whole, or is a small monority to blame only.

Does Islam even need the media, what can it do for Islam? Could it be said that the people who are in charge of the media outlet have a agenda against Islam.

What can exactly been done to influence the media and project Islam in the right light?

the powers behind the media have hidden agenda's

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

So should we even try to get involve?

Because that what I think as well, because if they ain't making a fuss over the Niqab, they will start making a fuss of the hijab. At time it seem that you can never plaese them. Because they certain section of the media that expect the muslims to conform to their way of thinking. Definitely Rupert Murdoch media company is guilty of this.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
the powers behind the media have hidden agenda's

Tru, plus the media only concentrates on Islam wen it wants 2 giv it a bad name.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

The powers that be in the media have generally been taught in posh private schools and toff uni colleges. These institutes generally have old stuffy textbooks on Islam. These old stuffy textbooks present Islam in a bad light.
That's one generalisd theory.

The likes of Omar Bakri, Abu Hamza don't help either. They contribute towards the tabloid press' attitudes to Islam.

yuit dont underestimate the power of individual muslims in making a difference. for e.g. Rageh Omar has done a lot for muslim's in his time thusfar with the BBC.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

satan has a great influence in mainstream media.. at all levels, from the production of media content right through to anti-islamic political agendas.

on the politics level, they're fighting a losing battle. Islam is growing at a rapid rate. In several decades time Muslims will have 'one of the' if not the biggest chunk of the world population.

unfortunatly behind close doors, satan is successfully corrupting the mind, be it total mind manipulation or be it an invocation of an illicit thought. i mean films for example like the matrix.. it puts ideas into ur head. After I first watched that film, I thought to myself.. "wow, what if we're really living in a matrix"..

immediatly, the thought was followed by an Astagfirullah.. as I believe that sorta thought is mingling with shirk.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

IMO complaining about the media is a waste of time. I dont think media are out to get us, woooh, scary. I dont think they are there to make life easy for us. They do their work , we should get on with ours.

One thing I will say that for sure Evening Mail in Birmingham has been a great newspaper. They did a lot to explain to brummies that the bus and train killings had nothing to do with islam, there are good articles in newspapers aswell.

The whole conspiracy theories about the hidden peoples hand being behind everything in the world might be true but what do we get by talking about it? If you got the skill to be a journalist, go out and be one and remedy the situation. Lifes full of lies and truths. Media is just a reflection of that/.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salam

If you look at it closely, television actually promotes Islam.

Since the September 11 attacks, more people have converted to Islam than in previous years.

Negative publicity also has positive results. Angel Gabriel will be thanking the TV bosses.

Idiots.

Omrow

It's what sells at the moment. I'm sure it's nothing personal, but as long as there are suicide bombers willing to die for religion - and that religion is Islam the news is gonna report it.

How else does CNN get higher ratings than King of Queens?

As for the nice things muslims do - come on, who wants to watch that?

It's the same thing with Israel, most muslims I can think of only want to report the bad news, and when they do report good news they don't exactly stress how jewish the origins of the good stuff is.

It's all about what gets your attention, what pulls in the ratings, and what gets the advertisers.

"In other news today, fireman Joe R. Muslim saved a cat from a tree - way to go Joe, the community salutes you"

"After his harrowing rescue of a small kitten from a tree we were able to get an in depth interview with Joe R. Muslim

Joe, when you were up in the tree were you scared?

Well, I have to tell you John that I was pretty scared, I was nearly fifteen feet high and the ladder was a little shaky, I just kept thinking about that poor little kitten though. You know, John, I wasn't really afraid of dying - I mean I was praying to God for safety but I really wasn't afraid to die.

I just kept thinking about my family and the kitten - that's what it is John you have to keep your eye on the goal.

Joe, would you like to thank anyone?

Well, I would like to first thank God, for protecting me and everything, but I would also like to thank my wi- wait, i'm sorry John my wife just arrived and I have to go see her she must be terrified.

Joe we understand, thank you once again"

Tomorrow's headline "JOE AFRAID OF FALLING BUT GOD TOLD HIM HE WOULD BE OKAY"

lol come on - nobody is gonna watch, read, or care about that.