The Importance of Joining a Jama'ah (Group)

[b]The Importance of Joining a Jama'ah (Group)[/b]

Nations, societes and ideologies are not revived by chance or sotting in the comforts of the home. To rebuild and reorganise our institutions, we need to firstly become well organised, structured, systematic and disciplined.

Take the business field as an example, today, the likes of Microsoft, BT, Vodafone, O2, McDonald's etc. are dominating world markets, to extent that they can dictate the direction of politics and even change foreign policies, which has become well known and undeniable fact. To illustrate this, simply observe the World's only superpower, USA, and how its internal and external policies are dictated by powerful multinational corporations. However, each and every company, when studied in detail, shows to have an ethos, a vision, a mission, a drive to be the best, the most powerful, to outperform and to outlast every other competitor.

There is an intense drive to continue to accumulate wealth, and economically, socially, politically and educationally dominate the world. Interestingly enough, this is achieved by being exceptionally well structured, organised and disciplined.

On the contrary, today's Muslim is allergic to groups, partly due to the group or organizations portraying bad images of themselves alongside a great lack of wisdom and partly due to the laid back and plain laziness of the Muslims. There is so much infighting, senseless argumentation and occupation with many pretty issues. Wasting time has become the Muslims favourite past time, despite being continuously reminded that we will be held accountable.

This negative state of mind and outlook will eventually destroy whatever we have left. The Qur'an and Sunnah have quite clearly and categorically given the call to rise up and become organised, disciplined, structured and plan so that we can become the best of Nations.
[b]"Let there arise amongst you a group that invites to the good, orders what is right and forbids what is evil, and they are those who are succesful" (Surah 3, verse 104)[/b]

[b]"Truly Allah loves those who fight in His cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structured" (Surah 8, verse 60)
[/b]

[b]"And strive in His cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and under discipline) He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion" (Surah 22, verse 7)[/b]

This directive from the Qur'an, in fact makes it Wajib on Muslims and a collective duty to be part of a Jama'ah.

[b]"The hand of Allah (swt) is with the Jama'ah. Then, whoever singles himself out (from the Jama'ah), will be singled out for the Hell-fire" (Sunan Al Tirmidhi)[/b]

[b]"Everyone of you is a shepherd and everyone is responsible for what he is shepherd of " (Sunan Al Tirmidhi, Sunan Abu Dwood, Sahih Al Bukhari & Muslim)[/b]

It is no wonder, working in an organised and disciplined fashion within a group was clearly mentioned, encouraged and even ordered by the Qur'an, 1400 hundred years ago. The secular society has taken this on board but like everything else, the Muslims are still debating.

I personally see the importance of working together and before we do that we all need to have a better understanding of each other.

But I personally find it hard to look at any situation from the point of view of one group. I find it easier to look at it from all the group perspective, so it easier to understand, because normally when you looking at it from one point of view, you may become ingorant of other group and then you start doing more harm then good.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
I personally see the importance of working together and before we do that we all need to have a better understanding of each other.

But I personally find it hard to look at any situation from the point of view of one group. I find it easier to look at it from all the group perspective, so it easier to understand, because normally when you looking at it from one point of view, you may become ingorant of other group and then you start doing more harm then good.

True!

Wen i was in search of a jama'ah i did sum research 4 awhile n looked in2 the groups that were available n were on the right path. Alhamdullilah wen i had found it ive been supporting it since then n my knowledge in Islam n understanding has increased a lot.

Nw as a Muslim my job is 2 do dawah to my other bros n sis n make em realise the importance.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"Mujahidah" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

True!

Wen i was in search of a jama'ah i did sum research 4 awhile n looked in2 the groups that were available n were on the right path. Alhamdullilah wen i had found it ive been supporting it since then n my knowledge in Islam n understanding has increased a lot.

Nw as a Muslim my job is 2 do dawah to my other bros n sis n make em realise the importance.

But couldn't you possibly do that without a group, I seem to have manage it and I don't really feel the need to have one. It at time it does seem counter productive, well that was for me at least. But I do understand that it does benefit alot of people.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

But couldn't you possibly do that without a group, I seem to have manage it and I don't really feel the need to have one. It at time it does seem counter productive, well that was for me at least. But I do understand that it does benefit alot of people.

Wen i wasnt part of a group it wasnt that easy 4 me 2 learn bout Islam, i had lack of knowledge n a really weak Iman coz sum pple used 2 say 1 thing n others anotha thing.

Being part of a jama'ah i feel stronger. U mght nt feel dat u need 1 but there is a hadith dat i was told once

It said that the holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said:-

"There is no practical Islam without a jama'ah, and there is no jama'ah without leadership"

I dnt remember its reference but insh'Allah will post it wen i find it.

There r plenty more hadiths bout groups n the need of them n like i mentioned in the 1st mssge wen i sent the article bout the need of 1.

Im nt forcing any1 to join a group, dats their decision but its sumthing to think about.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

everyone who's not a loner belongs to one form of jamaat or another.. without even realising it.

i reckon having a close friends circle can be seen as a jamaat. cant remember if it a hadith or not, but theres a saying where it goes summit like this:

its easy to snap a twig, but hard to break a tightly grouped bunch of them.

there are numerous benefits of belonging to a jamaat, protection in numbers, numerous brains, an identity in the community etc.

okay ur jamaat or friends circle may not have an amir, but more than often there is someone who influences everyone. i.e. ur deciding where to eat, and u all can't agree where to go - someone's gonna be the decision maker.

gotta say its important to choose ur jamaat wisely. a lotta people dismiss religious jamaats such as Tabligh or YMO for very trivial reasons. At the same time they refuse to compare it to the Jamaat they're currently a member of.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Yes I agree with khan brother.

Everyone is in a jamaat. Even those people who say we are not with anyone they have formed a jamaat of the non-jamaatis!!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar