September 11 Anniversary

Salam

Today was the fourth anniversary of the muslim terror attacks on New York.

This was the first time that muslims had struck United States.

Those responsible for planning and execution of this atrocity are still at large. No one has been able to apprehend the perpetrators.

I prayed for all the victims who perished that fateful morning on Tuesday, September 11, 2001.

I also prayed for those who grieve the loss of their friends and family.

I am surprised that governments did not hold a three minute silence to mark the day.

Omrow

Those responsible are dead.

The masterminds are still at large.

It was not the first time America was hit.

why a three minute silence?

It was not a muslim terror attack. It was a terrorist attack.

Oklahoma was not a christian terror attack. It was a terror attack. Stop differentiating.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol don't get too carried away with this "not islam's fault" stuff.

It's not right to blame the religion or the people that follow it - it's not even right to say that fundamentalism is at fault because getting back to the fundamentals isn't the same thing as conjuring up excuses to kill people.

But it is completely pointless to turn a blind eye to the fact that these specific terrorists are all muslim - wayward perhaps, but still muslim.

Part of meeting any military objective is to know your enemy, turning a blind eye doesn't solve your problem and it certainly doesn't solve ours. Nobody stands to benefit from the cancer these men preach to destroy your religion and my country.

On a far more interesting note check this out:

Americans are fabulous people.

All of us.

For all yall in the other threads talking about if muslim and western are mutually exclusive - there is your answer. All that stuff I have been talking about how Americans like to work within their communities first and are big on private action - there ya go. Muslim Americans implimenting Muslim and American virtues at the same time.

[i]"You find people of different faiths coming together, working together, feeding the poor. It's amazing. It's a wonderful feeling," said Ali, 38, who already was scheduled to be in Houston this week on a work-related project but came to town late Saturday so he could volunteer.[/i]

Thats America right there.

"Dave" wrote:
lol don't get too carried away with this "not islam's fault" stuff.

It's not right to blame the religion or the people that follow it - it's not even right to say that fundamentalism is at fault because getting back to the fundamentals isn't the same thing as conjuring up excuses to kill people.

But it is completely pointless to turn a blind eye to the fact that these specific terrorists are all muslim - wayward perhaps, but still muslim.

Part of meeting any military objective is to know your enemy, turning a blind eye doesn't solve your problem and it certainly doesn't solve ours. Nobody stands to benefit from the cancer these men preach to destroy your religion and my country.

On a far more interesting note check this out:

Americans are fabulous people.

All of us.

For all yall in the other threads talking about if muslim and western are mutually exclusive - there is your answer. All that stuff I have been talking about how Americans like to work within their communities first and are big on private action - there ya go. Muslim Americans implimenting Muslim and American virtues at the same time.

[i]"You find people of different faiths coming together, working together, feeding the poor. It's amazing. It's a wonderful feeling," said Ali, 38, who already was scheduled to be in Houston this week on a work-related project but came to town late Saturday so he could volunteer.[/i]

Thats America right there.

Thats fantastic Dave, in such times of need people do become far nobler.

Back in BLACK

"Omrow" wrote:

This was the first time that muslims had struck United States.

The WTC was bombed in 1993 too.

"Seraph" wrote:
Thats fantastic Dave, in such times of need people do become far nobler.

I dunno... I see this kinda thing all the time regardless of how big the disaster is. It only gets attention when the death toll is over 20 though because the media isn't gonna get it's high ratings by showing muslims at a soup kitchen.

That's like after 911 the media was big on "religion of peace?" stuff so they kept bringing in speakers to talk about how peaceful islam is. While a lot of you guys were complaining about how some guests were not as representative as the others many if not most of the US muslim communities were saying "YO - JUST SHOW WHAT WE DO" like any good american they were big on action and not so thrilled with talk. Its like they pointed out in the article, this wasn't about 911 - they are always doing this stuff because charity is part of the religion.

It's not an isolated act of heroism, it's just part of the culture that you never see, american muslims have inherited the communitarian attitudes that Alexis de Tocqueville wrote about before they even reached US soil

You have to admit Britney Spears wiggling for the Superbowl gets higher ratings than poor people getting lunch that afternoon.

The only way you can sell poor people getting lunch is if it is a rider to the more "important" story.