Halal Food

141 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
football shirts etc now if i wear them is that imitating the kuffar?

ive been told i cant wear my manchester united one :evil:

HA! Lol

well whoever told you that, dont know what he's chatting about!

[b]tashabuh or imitating the kuffar only applies if by doing that act it looks like you are from another religion/deen other than Islam and that act contradicts totally the basic roots of Quran and sunnah.[/b]

Your arguements are flawed and hold little shari weight, those who are your betters like the Shaykhs of Aal Shaykh in Saudia understood the concept better.

Regarding the above quote. Let me get this right. You DONT think drinking a can of imitation beer, with the same branding same taste same smell, same preparation looks like you are from another religion and that it doesnt contradict the sunnah?

OK how about a muslim man with no beard, or a trimmed beard, sitting at a table, wearing jeans tshirt and cap, holding a can of imitation lager at his friends birthday party with party hats and birthday cake; would a person look like a kafir then?

no i dont suppose he would to you.

Your views brother are most intersting to me, I pray for you.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Wait a min. is red bull actually used to replace beer/alcohol? Or is it a mere drink that gets you hyped?

"Medievalist" wrote:

[b]tashabuh or imitating the kuffar only applies if by doing that act it looks like you are from another religion/deen other than Islam and that act contradicts totally the basic roots of Quran and sunnah.[/b]

Your arguements are flawed and hold little shari weight, those who are your betters like the Shaykhs of Aal Shaykh in Saudia understood the concept better.

Regarding the above quote. Let me get this right. You DONT think drinking a can of imitation beer, with the same branding same taste same smell, same preparation looks like you are from another religion and that it doesnt contradict the sunnah?

OK how about a muslim man with no beard, or a trimmed beard, sitting at a table, wearing jeans tshirt and cap, holding a can of imitation lager at his friends birthday party with party hats and birthday cake; would a person look like a kafir then?

whilst i agree we should avoid such things, they arnt haraam at the same time.....probz shud be avoided

but you cant judge a person by how he looks and what hes drinking!!

if u saw me....u'd prob think im a typical asian lad........luks are decieveing

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
Wait a min. is red bull actually used to replace beer/alcohol? Or is it a mere drink that gets you hyped?

Red bull looks nothing like alchohol cans!! gerr'off!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

drinking beer is not a religious activity in any religion.

Now if it don't contain any alcohol, we should try the hard sell to nonmuslims!

Tell them you'll have the same night out you have atm, but with the headache the morning after!

We'll be rich!

reeeeeeeeeeeech

um..

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

:roll: well thats what i am askin, why is med kickin up such a fuss?

i dont think Med ever said Red Bull

LilSis said it 1st, and then Ed

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

whilst i agree we should avoid such things, they arnt haraam at the same time.....probz shud be avoided

but you cant judge a person by how he looks and what hes drinking!!

if u saw me....u'd prob think im a typical asian lad........luks are decieveing

brother I am not talking about halal and haram. I have not mentioned halal and haram in any posts on this thread. My points have been about making choices that are the best.

Im sorry but its a fact that people are judged by their looks. A muslim mature male who does not have a shari beard is not accepted as a reliable witness in a shariah court. His looks determine his reliability as a witness so we can judge on appearances. What is not permitted is to think oneself better than another and this is regardless of looks or behaviour etc. So judging on appearence is infact permitted and an art form, the elders with white hair should be given seats on crowded buses, the pregnant ladies should be given seats and women generally should be helped with heavy shopping. We HAVE to jugde on appearances.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

:roll: well thats what i am askin, why is med kickin up such a fuss?

I have no connection with red bull, it has not featured in any of my posts, directly or indirectly until this one and that is only to say I havent said anything about red bull

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

we are looking at a glass half full/half empty situation here.

Noone is advocating we go out right now and drink halaal beer (there is one called khaliber I think...), but one side saying it is allowed, another side saying they are not comfortable with it, and would rather avoid it.

Both are different sides of the same coin.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Medievalist" wrote:

I have no connection with red bull, it has not featured in any of my posts, directly or indirectly until this one and that is only to say I havent said anything about red bull

sorry my mistake...i personally wouldnt eat flavoured crisps cuz well i just dont want to also red bull tastes eww if its halal then there is nothin wrong with it but personally i would be put off it.

"Medievalist" wrote:

which shaykhs are you referring to..the modern saudi salfi, supporters of the saud leadership, labelling everyone of kufr and shirk- them saudi shayks....mmmmhhhhh

[b]You DONT think drinking a can of imitation beer, with the same branding same taste same smell, same preparation looks like you are from another religion and that it doesnt contradict the sunnah?[/b]

NO. if its a halal drink, its halal- full stop. doesnt red bull make you look like a kuffar? it looks like a can of beer...so i suppose you would say drinking that would make you look like a kuffar and is againt the sunnah!

[b]OK how about a muslim man with no beard, or a trimmed beard, sitting at a table, wearing jeans tshirt and cap, holding a can of imitation lager at his friends birthday party with party hats and birthday cake; would a person look like a kafir then?[/b]
NO. because nothing in that act is haram.
no beard, trimmed beard does not make u look like a kaffir
wearing jeans, t shirt cap does not make u look like a kaffir
holding a can of imitation beer/ can of red bull does not make u look like a kaffir
wearing a party hat does not make u look like a kaffir
sitting infront of a birthday cake does not make u look like a kaffir

because none of these acts are haram...
(shaving the beard may be haram but that doesnt make u a kaffir and it doesnt mean you look like a kaffir)

medieval my best friend , im glad you think my arguments are flawed because if i agreed with u on alot of things [u]then[/u] i would be scared and question myself....and bro i dont need your prayers, thank you.

well if thats what you think its what you think.

my duty is fulfilled the rest is up to you.

I will continue to pray for you even though you dont need my prayers, mashaallah

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Wine glasses" are very very pretty.

But that doesnt mean that I think about wine when I drink milk out of them.

And No, I doubt the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) drank out of them, but thats prob cos they didnt exist during his time.

Doesnt it really depend on the intention as to why you want to drink/eat that certain food? If you intend to eat the food/drink for the simple reason you love it wouldnt that be fine but if your intention is to drink it as if your drinkin beer or eatin haram then that would be wrong?

what didnt exist? cans of beer or wine glasses.

I can say with certainty that goblets for wine did exist and they also looked extremely pretty.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"angel" wrote:
Doesnt it really depend on the intention as to why you want to drink/eat that certain food? If your intend to eat the food/drink for the simple reason you love it wouldnt that be fine but if your intention is to drink it as if your drinkin beer or eatin haram then that would be wrong?

I agree with you.

If ones "intention" is to copy a non Muslim eating/drinking haraam stuff. Then surely thats a different matter altogether.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
Doesnt it really depend on the intention as to why you want to drink/eat that certain food? If your intend to eat the food/drink for the simple reason you love it wouldnt that be fine but if your intention is to drink it as if your drinkin beer or eatin haram then that would be wrong?

I agree with you.

If ones "intention" is to copy a non Muslim eating/drinking haraam stuff. Then surely thats a different matter altogether.

if they are designed in EXACTLY the same manner (i.e. non-acholic drinks and sausages)...and they dont have to be, lets face it, then......thats like what your saying - your intentions are to imitate

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

if they are designed in EXACTLY the same manner (i.e. non-acholic drinks and sausages)...and they dont have to be, lets face it, then......thats like what your saying - your intentions are to imitate

ok lets say someone has told someone to try the halal sausages and they eat them cuz they want to see if they taste good..now that person is eatin them cuz they intend to taste them not "imitate" the non-muslims.

why make sausages? i mean the shape - it can be mdae in to all other shapes!!

they resemble the pig, haraam

ive had em myself, not a fan

but the non-alcoholic beer......its EXACTLY the same, the purpose of that please? if not to imitate, i dont know :!:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

ok lets say someone has told someone to try the halal sausages and they eat them cuz they want to see if they taste good..now that person is eatin them cuz they intend to taste them not "imitate" the non-muslims.

i agree with u sis, some here are overly-obsessed with this imitating kuffar aspect... and are making Islam stricter than what it really is.
a halal sausage is halal. end of. u dont eat it because kuffar eat it, u eat it because u want to eat it because its halal...a sheesh kebab looks like a sausage..is that imitation of kuffar Biggrin

example: Coke is a kuffar product made by the kuffar, branded and advertised by the kuffar....now Qibla cola, medina cola etc are imitating it..is that imitating the kuffar???????????? :shock:

next u guys will be saying u cant play football, because the british invented it and if u play football u are following and imitating the kuffar.....
Lol

football....dont be silly!! i breathe man united Biggrin if any1 says thats haraam.....step on the footy pitch! :evil:

all im sayin is the copying is unn=eccesary, not sayin its not alllowed... personally i'd avoid it

and non-alchy beer....u cant deny thats dodgy! wud u drink it? :shock: i knw its not haraam

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

i agree with u sis, some here are overly-obsessed with this imitating kuffar aspect... and are making Islam stricter than what it really is.
a halal sausage is halal. end of. u dont eat it because kuffar eat it, u eat it because u want to eat it because its halal...a sheesh kebab looks like a sausage..is that imitation of kuffar Biggrin

example: Coke is a kuffar product made by the kuffar, branded and advertised by the kuffar....now Qibla cola, medina cola etc are imitating it..is that imitating the kuffar???????????? :shock:

next u guys will be saying u cant play football, because the british invented it and if u play football u are following and imitating the kuffar.....
Lol

Sausages. Haraam. Yes?

Why make a halaal alternative to sausages and call it 'halaal sausages'?

Alcohol. Haraam. Yes?

Why make a halaal alternative to alcohol and call it 'non-alcoholic'?

precisely my point!!!

ok its not haraam...but why if its not imitation? doesnt make sense

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"irfghan" wrote:

Sausages. Haraam. Yes?

Alcohol. Haraam. Yes?

I personally woudnt try any of the above cuz thats me. but if its halal why is it wrong to drink/eat it? no one can declare it haram if the contents are perfectly halal.

"irfghan" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

Lol

Sausages. Haraam. Yes?

Alcohol. Haraam. Yes?

why, i dont know..but if the sausage is halal, whats ur problem?
if the drink contains no alcohol, and is 100% halal, whats ur problem?
in islam u have halal things, haram things and doubtful things...now hahal sausage, no alcoholic beer id it is 100% halal, then no matter what it looks like..its halal..i dont know what the fuss is. if u eat halal sausage will that make u a kaffir, will taht make u look like a kaffir, will that make u think like a kaffir, will that make u want to be a kaffir- hell NO..its food thats all.
Biggrin

to what angel said....

were not declaring it haraam

but whats the point of it if its not imitation?

answer that please

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

Sausages. Haraam. Yes?

Alcohol. Haraam. Yes?

I personally woudnt try any of the above cuz thats me. but if its halal why is it wrong to drink/eat it? no one can declare it haram if the contents are perfectly halal.

you're spot on again sis. Biggrin

Pages