Is A Woman’s Place In The Home?

126 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

too late....ive lost the key now Lol

yeh crack up a joke, hehe... Lol

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"MuslimSister" wrote:

My friend (who’s a doctor) was telling me of a case in her hospital when a man’s wife was in difficult labour and the husband had a massive issue with a male examining her….and at the same time there were no female doctors present…..she remained in pain for an extremely long time because of his stubbornness.

Such men also hold the opinion that its “jihad” if his wife dies this way…

such men deserve a slap around the face :evil: :evil:

I don't think anyone has anything against women doing worthwhile jobs e.g doctors, teachers not sure about the media too be honest. It all about not letting the aspect of having a career distrupt the nature of teh family. Everyone knows that having a career is very very stressful the same is of running an effective muslim household. If you trying to manage the two, there a good chance that one will not affect the other. Too be honest I seen how having a career can destory some people, they use it as the basis for their life. To be honest, I in no doubt that for their too be a good muslim community, it not about women working, the most important aspect is the mother. She the foundation the community is build on and i personally think this is the most important aspect that need to be focus on, because this is where the most reward and hard work lies.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

it all comes down to time managemnet

mum used to work as a nurse when we were kids

never distrubted us at all

dinner was always cooked, house always clean, she was home when we were at home

she worked when we were in school-

women have the capabilityto be superwomen

whats more worrying is when women DESPITE being at home 24/7 are crap mothers

Yeah, but there is a certain amount that anyone can take, the strain of having a full career and being a mother will normally tell on people. There a certain age group that you can get away with it. But I have heard of some women going back to work after 3 weeks after giving birth and IMo that unacceptable.

The reason why some women despite being home 24/7 still make rubbish mother is that they have no foundation of belief, so they go in blind, plus they are also at time inactive as they don't know what is expected of the role. So they become lazy and expect everything to fall into place, when it never happen like that.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

point is

household can suffer if women IS at home 24/7

so staying at home aint the answer to all home problems

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
point is

household can suffer if women IS at home 24/7

so staying at home aint the answer to all home problems

Not if the women are educated to know how to bring up a islamic household and who normally have a husband on teh same wavelenght, the problem is rarely the fact that the women is home 24/7, the problem normally lies eslewhere.

[url=http//

when u say education

ur either chatting about ISLAMIC education or SECULAR education or CULTURAL education

be more specific :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
when u say education

ur either chatting about ISLAMIC education or SECULAR education or CULTURAL education

be more specific :roll:

Obviously in the way of Allah swt. I also not talking about any formal education, I talking about whether the mother has the intention of bringing the kid up for the sake of Allah. There are some rare cases where this may not be the case, but in the majority these sort of mother rarely fail. But at the same time it rare to find women with this desire anymore.

[url=http//

Walaikum assalam
yes women's right place is at her home,her duty is none other than to serve and please her husband.
"Women's right place is at her home and when she leaves her home SATAN gazes her",Muhammad SAW,infact he added that a time will come when following Islam will be considered weird and tough(so you are doing that remaninig in home is not suitable i cannot do that etc).
Let me guide you that Muhammad PBUH once told that if a women has applied musk and leaves her home and the scent goes to any other Na mahram male,she commits ZANA.if your children are at schools and your spouse is at office then there are a lot of things that a women can do reading Islamic books etc.Infact it will not be helpful for you but also for your children.IF A MAN IS PERFECT MUSLIM,ISLAM PROSPERS OUT OF THE HOUSE,IF A MOTHER IS A TRUE MUSLIM,THEN ISLAM REMAINS AND PROSPERS IN THE HOUSE.hence A MOTHER CAN GIVE KNOWLEDGE TO A CHILD THAT A SCHOOL CAN NEVER PROVIDE esp in Uk.

Allah hafiz
Your Muslim brother

HELP! i've fallen and i can't....................HEY nice carpet!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

My friend (who’s a doctor) was telling me of a case in her hospital when a man’s wife was in difficult labour and the husband had a massive issue with a male examining her….and at the same time there were no female doctors present…..she remained in pain for an extremely long time because of his stubbornness.

Such men also hold the opinion that its “jihad” if his wife dies this way…

such men deserve a slap around the face :evil: :evil:

OF COURSE

"MUHAMMADALINASIR" wrote:
Walaikum assalam
yes women's right place is at her home,her duty is none other than to serve and please her husband.

LOL

duty is serve and please her husband!!!!! my GOD....
is that why she was created? i dont think so!
yes she should be respectful, obedient and do as much as she can for her husband and at the same time the husband should treat her wife like a queen. Its a two way relationship, if you love, respect and really take care of your wife then in the sight of your wife you are the best man on earth and she will be an excellent and perfect wife an dlove and respect you more than you can imagine.

So, regarding ypur statement above..as i have mentioned many times before, a woman can work in many different fields as long as she wears the islamic dress code and behaves modestly, and of course if the job is halal. whatever she earns is her money to keep, the husband cannot touch it. Islam has given women such wonderful rights but some men want to take this away from them! Now, why does Islamicl law say this? Why does shariah state that when a woman earns any money it is hers alone, her husband cant ask for it? If women werent allowed to work then this ruling would never exist!

Today there is a demand for Muslim women nurses, doctors, teachers, writers etc...but sadly you, like a few others on this forum, want to lock the women up in their house!!!!!

Your point about women wearing perfume is irrelevent . that doesnt mean she cant work, it means she shouldnt wear perfume. Biggrin

Islamic is so wonderful and gives sooooo many rights to women, and that is why most converts to Islam are women, but it is so sad when i read soo many posts on this forum which really gives no real status or any real rights to women! Sad

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
Walaikum assalam

LOL

yes she should be respectful, obedient and do as much as she can for her husband and at the same time the husband should treat her wife like a queen. Its a two way relationship, if you love, respect and really take care of your wife then in the sight of your wife you are the best man on earth and she will be an excellent and perfect wife an dlove and respect you more than you can imagine.

So, regarding ypur statement above..as i have mentioned many times before, a woman can work in many different fields as long as she wears the islamic dress code and behaves modestly, and of course if the job is halal. whatever she earns is her money to keep, the husband cannot touch it. Islam has given women such wonderful rights but some men want to take this away from them! Now, why does Islamicl law say this? Why does shariah state that when a woman earns any money it is hers alone, her husband cant ask for it? If women werent allowed to work then this ruling would never exist!

Today there is a demand for Muslim women nurses, doctors, teachers, writers etc...but sadly you, like a few others on this forum, want to lock the women up in their house!!!!!

Your point about women wearing perfume is irrelevent . that doesnt mean she cant work, it means she shouldnt wear perfume. Biggrin

Islamic is so wonderful and gives sooooo many rights to women, and that is why most converts to Islam are women, but it is so sad when i read soo many posts on this forum which really gives no real status or any real rights to women! Sad

Of course Islam has stressed a woman to serve her husband completly and so is the duty of a husband to treat her spouse justly and accordingly,I am not telling that women should not apply perfume,but i am trying to explain that women should be given complete pardah and her voice is pardah too but working women do not consider it.Pardah is so strict in Islam that her hair is included in her sattar and its a duty of mother to protect her hair even from her children.And even though if women does so,she is not allowed to work coz:-

"Women's right place is at her home and when she leaves her home SATAN gazes her",Muhammad SAW

And yes women can also prosper in Islam.The bright eample is HAZRAT AYESHA

What do you mean a woman must protect her hair from her children? Are you implying women should observe hijaab in front of her kids?

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

nice to see u back Aph - some more sanity was needed - tell em like it is

"Aphrodite" wrote:
What do you mean a woman must protect her hair from her children? Are you implying women should observe hijaab in front of her kids?

Yes,it is in Sattar.

And as far as working is considered for muslim women.
They can only work wearing Hijabs in primary schools as a teacher and in such organizations where there are only women for example maternity homes etc.

im afraid Mr Nasir, thats a loada codswallop - as we here at the Revival would say

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
Walaikum assalam

LOL

Of course Islam has stressed a woman to serve her husband completly and so is the duty of a husband to treat her spouse justly and accordingly,I am not telling that women should not apply perfume,but i am trying to explain that women should be given complete pardah and her voice is pardah too but working women do not consider it.Pardah is so strict in Islam that her hair is included in her sattar and its a duty of mother to protect her hair even from her children.And even though if women does so,she is not allowed to work coz:-

"Women's right place is at her home and when she leaves her home SATAN gazes her",Muhammad SAW

And yes women can also prosper in Islam.The bright eample is HAZRAT AYESHA

well, what can i say! obviously u just ignored what i wrote

of course pardah is important, thats why she wears hijab, islamic lothing, jilbaab etc

that hadith u are quoting to jsutify everything, a reference will be nice...and u cant base all your argument on one hadith!
the hadith says shatan gazes at her...thats why she his covered head to toe, apart from face and hands as islam demands.

for you to say women cannot work is dangerous and also incorrect.
There is no decree in Islam which forbids woman from seeking employment whenever there is a necessity for it, especially in positions which fit her nature and in which society needs her most. Examples of these professions are nursing, teaching (especially for children), and medicine. Moreover, there is no restriction on benefiting from woman's exceptional talent in any field. [b]Even for the position of a judge, where there may be a tendency to doubt the woman's fitness for the post due to her more emotional nature, we find early Muslim scholars such as [u]Abu-Hanifa and Al-Tabary[/u] holding there is nothing wrong with it[/b].

so who knows better, classical scholars like Imam Abu hanifa or you?

wasalaam

"Aphrodite" wrote:

Yes,it is in Sattar.

And as far as working is considered for muslim women.
They can only work wearing Hijabs in primary schools as a teacher and in such organizations where there are only women for example maternity homes etc.

no a woman does not need to cover her hair infront of her children or other women!!!!! what are you saying my friend? do you understand the concept of awra or satr. For a woman, these are parts of the body that no MAN apart from her husband should see. A woman , like men, should not undress in front of others. But to say that another woman cannot see another womans hair, especially the child- this is shocking and i dont think is based on ANYTHING!

you also said that a womans voice is part of the awrah- NO ITS NOT! I have posted an article in another thread on this where all four imams agree that the voice opf a woman is not part opf the aurah, it only becomes part of the aura when she tries to beautify it, like singing etc.

so brother dont say things which you cant back up or things which none of the previous scholars have stated.

LOL @ this thread

has anyone noticed tho that the forum is incredibly extreme these days?

a woman was NOT created merely to serve men

she DOES not have to cover her hair in front of the children she gave birth to-or other woman

and I dont think the devil has a "thing" for women :roll:

I think a woman's place is in the home... naturally. I don't really see anything wrong with that, and I never understood it as servitude.

Mom's kind of the household governor - always was. Everything is arranged her way, dad's just there to pick up the check and recieve his orders for the day.

Which usually involve not being in the way.

BUT Women shouldn't be forced to stay at home.

I've never understood Christian scripture to really define the household rules but it's quite clear that the bible says that the man and wife are equal and one.

"Dave" wrote:
I think a woman's place is in the home... naturally. I don't really see anything wrong with that, and I never understood it as servitude.

servitude is when SOME backwards men see it as the womens "duty/reason for existence" to stay at home and serve the men

but like u said-it should be her choice...and a compromise should be made by husband and wife

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:

servitude is when SOME backwards men see it as the womens "duty/reason for existence" to stay at home and serve the men

but like u said-it should be her choice...and a compromise should be made by husband and wife

I don't think it's a woman's reason for existence, I just think that matters of the home speak to a woman's particular talents and skills. They are generally more nurturing, organized, and are usually a little more civilized then men.

Thats how a bachelor's pad becomes presentable - the introduction of a woman.

Doesn't mean all women find fufillment that way - but many do.

Ultimately God allows us to find our own fufillment - people have no right to take that search away.

many women I know are superwomen

able to give their all to their home AND also do whatever they wish to pursue outside the home

and nothing gets inconvenienced in the proccess

my mum is like that-so are many of my sisters mates

but some are only good at playing suzy homemaker and cant do more then that

I'm gonna be a suzy homemaker in the future

however I'll always fight for the right for women to do what they please-cos i know they can do it

I don't uncover myself in front of non-Muslim women, if I can help it. It's the way I've been taught my whole life. Fortunately for me, where I live and work, there are plenty of female Muslim healthcare professionals, so I'm rarely in that quandry.

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Aphrodite" wrote:
I don't uncover myself in front of non-Muslim women, if I can help it. It's the way I've been taught my whole life. Fortunately for me, where I live and work, there are plenty of female Muslim healthcare professionals, so I'm rarely in that quandry.

what about your kids

do you cover your face and hair in front of them?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

what about your kids

do you cover your face and hair in front of them?

*pfth* Sorry, I just choked on my coffee Lol Hijaab in front of my kids? Hmmmm.... there's a novel idea.

Pages