Shaykh, Scholars and Jamaat

103 posts / 0 new
Last post

I follow his eminence shaykh-ul-islam Prof. Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri cuz he has shown me islam in the most beautiful way and he himself is a true follower everything he preaches he acts upon which is why his words are very effective. I believe in this day and age its important that ppl have a shaykh becuz when one finds a true friend of allah and receives this spirtual attachment everythin you do makes you think "am i doin this to please allah and the holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) or just to please my nafs (ego)", it gives you a sense of awareness becuz if you have an attachment with a high personality you dont want to let him down.

Well thats my opinion on havin a shaykh...

As for the difference between a peer and shaykh is that a shaykh not only guides you spirtually but has the authority to enhance your knowledge whereas a peer mainly deals with the spiritual side of things..i personally have a lot of respect for peers that is those who are not greedy.

"angel" wrote:
I follow his eminence shaykh-ul-islam Prof. Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri cuz he has shown me islam in the most beautiful way and he himself is a true follower everything he preaches he acts upon which is why his words are very effective. I believe in this day and age its important that ppl have a shaykh becuz when one finds a true friend of allah and receives this spirtual attachment everythin you do makes you think "am i doin this to please allah and the holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) or just to please my nafs (ego)", it gives you a sense of awareness becuz if you have an attachment with a high personality you dont want to let him down.

As for the difference between a peer and shaykh is that a shaykh not only guides you spirtually but has the authority to enhance your knowledge whereas a peer mainly deals with the spiritual side of things..i personally have a lot of respect for peers that is those who are not greedy.

lets get one thing clear:
peer- urdu word for spiritual teacher/master
shaykh- arabic word for spiritual teacher/master.

shaykh is also referred today as 'scholar', 'alim' and that is how alot of people use it aswell.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

hmmm ok if you say so, i was just merely given my opinion Cray 2

"angel" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

hmmm ok if you say so, i was just merely given my opinion Cray 2

no, no..i just wanted to make a point..that shaykh/peer is referred to same thing..just different languages...and that today ppl use shaykh for just a scholar, teacher aswell.
sorry..

Salaam

its important to have a shaykh or a teacher, who without we can easly become mislead or go astray. how wud be able to read and write without our school teachers?

They have superior knowledge and are good for guidance. just be happy with your Shaykh and he'll lead u 2 happiness

Im with Angel on this one....Qibla Hazoor has enlightened me so much thru so little. Alhamdulillah my eyes are now more open

I also have a peer saab. My sarkaar is very humble and is very learned. theres a level of spirituallity surrounding these people that can not be matched....and for me that works.

May Allah swt give them both long life and good health. Ameen

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

ameen

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

ameen

Ameen sum'ameen

I personally agree wid both of u. Alhamdullilah His Eminence Shaykh ul Islam Prof Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri has shown me the light to Islam too.

I alwayz think to myself dat if it wasnt 4 him god knows wich sect ill b following by nw or even if i waz still ere chattin 2 u.

Alhamdullilahi ta'ala Qibla Huzoor n his mission gave me a whole new life.

N by the way i dnt hav a peer, my dad has but me... no

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

So far it only Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri that people follow on this forum, I assume it is who Amber follows as well. I would like to know who Medieival is thinking of giving bayah too.

But taking the example of Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri, I assume he only come too the country once a year, I know people who never seen their shaykh before as well. Is this enough time for a mureed to have with his shakyh. I personally would want more everyday connection with my shaykh.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
So far it only Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri that people follow on this forum, I assume it is who Amber follows as well. I would like to know who Medieival is thinking of giving bayah too.

But taking the example of Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri, I assume he only come too the country once a year, I know people who never seen their shaykh before as well. Is this enough time for a mureed to have with his shakyh. I personally would want more everyday connection with my shaykh.

Yes! Qibla Huzoor only cums once a year. We really do miss him n most of us wish dat he culd stay longer but even though we no its impossible every moment with him is precious.

Wen his nt here physically his alwayz with us spiritually which makes it more precious.

"yuit" wrote:

i thought he came here more then that?

most people who wish to get closer to Sheikh Qadri usually go and study/work in Pakistan

the rest get his teachings thru videos-there's bare video's of his

why would u want day to day connection ?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i thought he came here more then that?

most people who wish to get closer to Sheikh Qadri usually go and study/work in Pakistan

the rest get his teachings thru videos-there's bare video's of his

Sis he cums every year on his UK tour which lasts approximately 1-2 months but in between Shyakh ul Islam does visit other countries too.

N yes it is tru pple do study/wrk in pk. Also the video's/DVD's its anotha success 4 pple dat cant b wid him at all times.

Jazak'Allah khair

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

So you can seek help from any problems that I have in my day to day life, Contact and communication too me are very important quality that I require in a teacher.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

what if the Questions are already answered

I'm sure what may be bothering u-may also be bothering someone else

i think most sheikhs answer ppl's problems beforehand

Well, it depend as no two situation are the same, plus I think a relationship has too be form with a teacher where he knows your character, so then is in a position to give a full and appriorate answer.

[url=http//

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
what if the Questions are already answered

True most of the answers r answeres wen u listen 2 ur scholar.

For example i rememba havin many doubts b4 i saw Shaykh ul Islam but once i had listened 2 his lecture Alhamdullilah during that lecture every single answer of mine was answered spiritually.

It doesent always hav 2 b face to face. Spiritual effect its betta then physical effect.

"yuit" wrote:

I am not thinking of giving bayah to Molvi Tahir ul Qadri Sahib.

I previously thought of giving bayah to a big Shaykh but as I mentioned in a previous post he was taken from us in unforeseen circumstances. I think it happened for the best that I wasn't bayah to that respected Shaykh because His Ro'b over me was immense.

Now alhamdulillah I am intending to give bayah to another great Alim but do not wish to disclose who, even though He is relatively unknown. The reason for not disclosing is nothing about shame or something to hide. It is to do with maintaining his honour. It may be that peeople abuse me and think bad of me because of what I write here. I do not want because of me for any stain or illthoughts to be directed against the ALIM in question so prefer to not answer. Suffice to say this Alim has authority from a very big Shaykh whose father was FAMOUS in india, and He is also connected with the Khateeb of Imperial Mosque, Lahore.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Dnt worry i wnt mention any names, but i think i no who ur on bout.

N by the way we hav no rite 2 judge who's a big Shaykh n who's a small Shaykh coz only Allah swt knows the truth.

A Shaykh is a Shaykh no matter who he is as long as ur wid the rite 1 then ur fine.

Lol! I'm not saying who is a big Shaykh and who is a small Shaykh.

By me I normally refer to every Shaykh as a big shaykh because in my eyes they all big.

I dont think you know who I am talkin about, how could you?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
Lol! I'm not saying who is a big Shaykh and who is a small Shaykh.

By me I normally refer to every Shaykh as a big shaykh because in my eyes they all big.

I dont think you know who I am talkin about, how could you?

The only reason i sed/mentioned big n small is coz u sed im not goin 2 giving bayah to Molvi Tahir ul Qadri i previously thought of giving bayah to a big Shaykh.

Nway i mght hav misunderstood u.

N bout me knowin who u on bout, i aint positive coz i sed i think plus its nt that hard ive heard plenty of Shaykh's b4 i chose one.

But considering the change of roles around bay'ah, is it need at all in the current times?

Does it benefit us? Or is it just a novelty we do not wanna lose?

Or is just listening to a scholar a form of bay'ah?

Should you only follow one shaykh exclusively? or the more the merrier?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

By us you give bayah to one Shaykh and you refer to him in regards naseeha, islah and tarbiyah. That doesnt mean listening to the speeches of other Ulama is impermitted.

It should be remembered that a father has more rights over his children than the Ustaad. The Ustaad has more rights over the child than the Shaykh. Unfortunately people have inverted the level of respect and obedience between these three people. Some people wouldnt dream of even looking their Shaykh in the face but feel no shame in dishonouring their teacher or feel no shame in glaring at their father. Remember father, Teacher, Shaykh is the order. Any Shaykh who instigates a child against the teacher or father in preference of himself is not a true shaykh. Obviously this is not referring to cases of halal haram.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I just wana ask those who follow a Shaykh, why do u?

I personally believe that a Shaykh is our link to Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet (saw), so basically if we look up to/respect/love one who is closer to Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) we too will through this link achieve the love/respect for our creator and our beloved Prophet (saw).

[color=blue][b]Asalamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah[/b][/color]

"Angel" wrote:

[color=blue][b]Good question! I follow a Shaykh Alhamdulillah.

I believe a Shaykh is a guide towards the right path which is the submitment of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and the Holy Prophet Salallahu alayhi wa'sallam.

Through the right Shaykh you know you are following the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Salallahu alayhi wa'sallam, pleasing Almighty Allah at the same time, not to forget your knowledge increases.

Also like the sister mentioned above, a Shaykh is our link to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and the Holy Prophet Salallahu alayhi wa'sallam. Through our Shaykh we can build true love and our attachment.

Another benefit it's that you find peace by just looking at them. In their presence you feel safe and that you are learning something, you feel that you are fulfilling One of many duties which Almighty Allah has set upon us.

This is my view and personal experience, i dont expect everyone to agree.

Jazak'Allah khair

Fi Iman'Allah wa Rasoolihi Salallahu alayhi wa'sallam[/b][/color]

"Angel" wrote:

I personally believe that a Shaykh is our link to Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet (saw), so basically if we look up to/respect/love one who is closer to Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) we too will through this link achieve the love/respect for our creator and our beloved Prophet (saw).

"Mujahidah" wrote:
Also like the sister mentioned above, a Shaykh is our link to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and the Holy Prophet Salallahu alayhi wa'sallam.

Med made a similar point on the previous page about how one's shaykh provides the link to Allah (s.w.t) but i completely disagree with this. the link between a person and their Lord is always there, sure a shaykh/a may help in making this link stronger, but he/she does not make the link itself. that's what is different about Islam - we have a direct link with God and do not need clergy to reach him.

i have a lot of respect for all shuyukh. however i can't see myself giving bay'ah to any one. as admin pointed out, bay'ah today is not what it was in the past. i am currently studying under a shaykh who i have the utmost respect for, and in a few months inshaAllah i will be studying under another shaykh of a totally different sect. i know i am going to miss studying under my current shaykh, but what i learnt from him will stay with me forever inshaAllah. each shaykh has something different to offer, and every shaykh brings you closer to Allah (s.w.t) and Mohammed (s.a.w).

studying under a shaykh/a is important in my opinion, but not just one. people have mentioned the endearing personality of their shuyukh in this thread. every shaykh/a has different life experiences which influence the way he/she teaches. so you dont just learn a certain text, you learn adab and a lot of other qualities which are important for every muslim.

i love diversity, especially in the deen and i feel that by giving bay'ah i would be limiting myself to a particular sect or way of thinking which is something i am not ready to do.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

Med made a similar point on the previous page about how one's shaykh provides the link to Allah (s.w.t) but i completely disagree with this. the link between a person and their Lord is always there, sure a shaykh/a may help in making this link stronger, but he/she does not make the link itself. that's what is different about Islam - we have a direct link with God and do not need clergy to reach him.

The way I see it is Allah has sent Messengers/Saints/Pious people who pass on His message to everyone, we know Allah (swt) through the Holy Prophet (saw), the Sahaba’s took belief in One God because the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said so, before this they didn’t even know the existence of Allah (swt), so when the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) told them about Allah (swt), that’s when they formed their link, and that’s how they came to know Allah (swt), through the Holy Prophet (saw).

Similarly the saints/pious people too show people the beauty of Allah (swt) and His greatness hence forming a link. Personally I think if someone has the ability to strengthen a link then they too have the ability to make a link between a person and Allah (swt).

I also believe that saints and pious people reach such a state of purity hence making them beloved of Allah (swt) hence worthy of being before the court of Allah (swt). I feel it is respectful way of approaching Allah (swt) via his Messengers (PBUT) , saints and his humble servants because He Himself has sent an intermediary to pass on His message, that’s my own personal view anyway.

"Angel" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

The way I see it is Allah has sent Messengers/Saints/Pious people who pass on His message to everyone, we know Allah (swt) through the Holy Prophet (saw), the Sahaba’s took belief in One God because the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said so, before this they didn’t even know the existence of Allah (swt), so when the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) told them about Allah (swt), that’s when they formed their link, and that’s how they came to know Allah (swt), through the Holy Prophet (saw).

Similarly the saints/pious people too show people the beauty of Allah (swt) and His greatness hence forming a link. Personally I think if someone has the ability to strengthen a link then they too have the ability to make a link between a person and Allah (swt).

I also believe that saints and pious people reach such a state of purity hence making them beloved of Allah (swt) hence worthy of being before the court of Allah (swt). I feel it is respectful way of approaching Allah (swt) via his Messengers (PBUT) , saints and his humble servants because He Himself has sent an intermediary to pass on His message, that’s my own personal view anyway.

how can Messengers of Allah be compared to any other human being? These men (a.s) were chosen for the sole purpose of renewing the message of Islam in a generation of people who over the years had lost the same message brought to their ancestors. Hence their purpose was to renew the link which had been distorted over time.

As Rasulullah (s.a.w) mentioned in his Farewell Sermon, 'I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.' so islam reached its completion, and Allah has promised to protect the Quran from any changes till the end of time, meaning the message of Islam and the link between Allah and the people will always be there, no matter what.

the strengthening of a link which is already present is very different to the creation of a link (which suggests it was never there to begin with).

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salaam

In the Qur'an we are told to "seek means (wasila) to get closer to Allah (swt)"

Undoubtedly, pious people (i.e. scholars/shaykhs etc) are closer to Allah (swt) this is because of the way they live their life and because they commit lesser sin than ordinary people.

People are not equal. Some people have reached the status of “Awliya” - friend of Allah (swt). And regarding Awliya’s Allah (swt) has said “whosoever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I shall be at war with him”.

And when such blessed individuals ask anything from Allah (swt) there is a higher chance of it being accepted in the Court of Allah (swt).

This is why we are ordered in the Holy Qur’an to “keep ourselves in the company of those people who are busy in His dhikr morning and evening”.

This is also why the sinful man who committed 99 murders was ordered to go and sit in the company of pious Muslims and seek forgiveness in that village (even though we know that Allah (swt) is omnipresent).

According to a hadith narrated by Imam Bukhari, pious people will intercede on the Day of Judgement on behalf of their sinful brothers and sisters.

We should seek the company of blessed people and develop special attachments with them because close friendship/relationships with them can inshallah become our shortcut to Paradise.

A pious person can really change your life around...

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam
wa'alaykum salaam Smile

"MuslimSister" wrote:
In the Qur'an we are told to "seek means (wasila) to get closer to Allah (swt)"

Undoubtedly, pious people (i.e. scholars/shaykhs etc) are closer to Allah (swt) this is because of the way they live their life and because they commit lesser sin than ordinary people.

People are not equal. Some people have reached the status of “Awliya” - friend of Allah (swt). And regarding Awliya’s Allah (swt) has said “whosoever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I shall be at war with him”.

This is why we are ordered in the Holy Qur’an to “keep ourselves in the company of those people who are busy in His dhikr morning and evening”.

We should seek the company of blessed people and develop special attachments with them because close friendship/relationships with them can inshallah become our shortcut to Paradise.

A pious person can really change your life around

i agree with the above - as i said in my first post, i feel it's really important to study under shuyukh (not just one) as all shuyukh succeed in increasing our love for Allah (s.w.t) and Mohammed (s.a.w).

as for the bits i took out:

"MuslimSister" wrote:
And when such blessed individuals ask anything from Allah (swt) there is a higher chance of it being accepted in the Court of Allah (swt)
we cannot say that with certainty - the most sinful servant of Allah may one day feel penitent and cry in his/her prayer, sincerely asking Allah for forgiveness. for all we know this could be the most beloved of du'as to Allah (s.wt).

Allah says in the Quran "When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me; let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way." [Al-Baqarah:186]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
This is also why the sinful man who committed 99 murders was ordered to go and sit in the company of pious Muslims and seek forgiveness in that village (even though we know that Allah (swt) is omnipresent).
he asked the shaykh he visited if there was any scope for his repentance to be accepted and the shaykh replied 'Yes, what stands between you and the repentance?' Hence the man needed confirmation that in Islam he would be granted forgiveness. after this the shaykh suggested that the man should move away from the people he was living with, as they were a bad influence. i.e. he was not moving for his forgiveness to be granted, rather to be in the company of good people who would further encourage him to do good deeds and refrain from the bad...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
According to a hadith narrated by Imam Bukhari, pious people will intercede on the Day of Judgement on behalf of their sinful brothers and sisters.
do you have a reference? i heard that even the most pious of people will be too concerned for themselves on that day to pay attention to their own family let alone other believers.

"*DUST*" wrote:

as for the bits i took out:

"MuslimSister" wrote:
And when such blessed individuals ask anything from Allah (swt) there is a higher chance of it being accepted in the Court of Allah (swt)
we cannot say that with certainty - the most sinful servant of Allah may one day feel penitent and cry in his/her prayer, sincerely asking Allah for forgiveness. for all we know this could be the most beloved of du'as to Allah (s.wt).

Allah says in the Quran "When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me; let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way." [Al-Baqarah:186]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
he asked the shaykh he visited if there was any scope for his repentance to be accepted and the shaykh replied 'Yes, what stands between you and the repentance?' Hence the man needed confirmation that in Islam he would be granted forgiveness. after this the shaykh suggested that the man should move away from the people he was living with, as they were a bad influence. i.e. he was not moving for his forgiveness to be granted, rather to be in the company of good people who would further encourage him to do good deeds and refrain from the bad...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
do you have a reference? i heard that even the most pious of people will be too concerned for themselves on that day to pay attention to their own family let alone other believers.

Allah (swt) answers the prayers of whom He wishes.

However, pure/pious people are more likely to have their dua's answered by Allah (swt) because they commit fewer sins.

He (swt) is more likely to listen to those who listen to Him.

Regarding the man who committed 99 murders, from what I've been taught, he was told to specifically ask for forgiveness in the company of the pious so that maybe for the sake of one of the pious people in that gathering his repentence may be accepted as well...linking in with the benefits of sitting in a gathering of dhikr.

And I don't have the reference of that hadith...I heard it in a lecture by Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri.

The full hadith is as follows..

On the Day of Judgment all the people will be gathered in the religious groups that they followed when they were on Earth. Allah (swt) will ask the Jews ‘Who did you worship when you were on earth’, they will reply ‘O Allah (swt) we used to worship your son Auzhar (pbh)’. Allah (swt) will tell them that ‘I have no son you are all lying’ he will then tell them to take their place in the fire.

Allah (swt) will then ask the same question to the Christians and the Christians will reply that ‘On Earth we used to worship your son Jesus (pbh)’. Allah (swt) will then tell them to take their place in the fire as well.

Allah (swt) will then repeat the same questions to the Muslims and the Muslims will reply that ‘On Earth we used to worship you’. Allah (swt) will then tell the Muslims to enter their ascribed places in paradise.

However the people who used to worship Allah (swt) and did EHSAN (favours) for one another will refuse to enter Paradise until their Muslim brothers and sisters who were in hell fire would come with them. They will argue and plead on their behalf in front of Allah (swt) and will say to Him, that ‘we cannot enter Paradise until our brother and sisters come with us’. Finally Allah (swt) will grant their intercession.

Then, when everyone will be in their ascribed places in heaven, some dwellers of heaven will notice that their Muslim brother and Sisters are in the heavens below them. Therefore they will ask Allah (swt) to either bring them down to the heaven in which their Muslim brothers and sisters are in or to bring those Muslim brothers and Sisters up to their heaven. Allah (swt) will say to them that ‘I can not send you down to the lower heavens, so I will bring them up to your heaven for your sake’.

(Bukhari).

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Regarding the man who committed 99 murders, from what I've been taught, he was told to specifically ask for forgiveness in the company of the pious so that maybe for the sake of one of the pious people in that gathering his repentence may be accepted as well...linking in with the benefits of sitting in a gathering of dhikr.
this story is mentioned in Sahih Muslim:
Quote:
Book 37, Number 6662:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (s.a.w) as saying: "There was a person before you who had killed ninety-nine persons and then made an enquiry about the learned persons of the world (who could show him the way to salvation). He was directed to a monk. He came to him and told him that he had killed ninety-nine persons and asked him whether there was any scope for his repentance to be accepted. He said: 'No'. He killed him also and thus completed one hundred. He then asked about the learned persons of the earth and he was directed to a scholar, and he told him that he had killed one-hundred persons and asked him whether there was any scope for his repentance to be accepted. He said: 'Yes, what stands between you and the repentance? You better go to such and such land; there are people devoted to prayer and worship and you also worship along with them and do not come to the land of yours since it was an evil land (for you).' So he went away and he had hardly covered half the distance when death came to him and there was a dispute between the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment. The angels of mercy said: 'This man has come as a penitant and remorseful to Allah' and the angels of punishment said: 'He has done no good at all'. Then there came another angel in the form of a human being in order to decide between them. He said: 'You measure the land to which he has drawn near. They measured it and found him nearer to the land where he intended to go (the land of piety), and so the angels of mercy took possession of it (the soul)."
Qatada said that Hasan told him that it was said to them that as death approached him, he crawled upon his chest (and managed) to slip in the land of mercy.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
And I don't have the reference of that hadith...I heard it in a lecture by Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri.

The full hadith is as follows..

On the Day of Judgment all the people will be gathered in the religious groups that they followed when they were on Earth. Allah (swt) will ask the Jews ‘Who did you worship when you were on earth’, they will reply ‘O Allah (swt) we used to worship your son Auzhar (pbh)’. Allah (swt) will tell them that ‘I have no son you are all lying’ he will then tell them to take their place in the fire.

Allah (swt) will then ask the same question to the Christians and the Christians will reply that ‘On Earth we used to worship your son Jesus (pbh)’. Allah (swt) will then tell them to take their place in the fire as well.

Allah (swt) will then repeat the same questions to the Muslims and the Muslims will reply that ‘On Earth we used to worship you’. Allah (swt) will then tell the Muslims to enter their ascribed places in paradise.

However the people who used to worship Allah (swt) and did EHSAN (favours) for one another will refuse to enter Paradise until their Muslim brothers and sisters who were in hell fire would come with them. They will argue and plead on their behalf in front of Allah (swt) and will say to Him, that ‘we cannot enter Paradise until our brother and sisters come with us’. Finally Allah (swt) will grant their intercession.

Then, when everyone will be in their ascribed places in heaven, some dwellers of heaven will notice that their Muslim brother and Sisters are in the heavens below them. Therefore they will ask Allah (swt) to either bring them down to the heaven in which their Muslim brothers and sisters are in or to bring those Muslim brothers and Sisters up to their heaven. Allah (swt) will say to them that ‘I can not send you down to the lower heavens, so I will bring them up to your heaven for your sake’.

(Bukhari).

ok jazakillah for the full hadith, i will try and find the reference inshaAllah. btw who does 'Auzhar' refer to? Jews never worshipped a 'son' of God, that doesn't make sense... :?

Pages