HOW SHOULD YOU CELEBRATE EID?

salaam
i know its a bit early but...
how should one celebrate eid?
what is the islamic way?
how did the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) celebrate it?
Is Eid all about the family? staying at home, going to relatives, friends?
Is there anything wrong going out and having fun?
what halaal activities can u do on eid in order to have fun and celebrate?
Should you not hire a car out?
What's wrong with going to Wilmslow Rd/ Green st to chill?
is there anything wrong with buying brand new expensive clothes for eid?
why is it that 'the lads' go out enjoying themselves, whilst women stay in all day, mostly in the kitchen, serving the men- is that eid?
why has it become a fashion that : 'its eid, no need to pray today, its eid man, have some weed, hav e a cig' etc?

pls share your views

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

is there anything wrong with buying brand new expensive clothes for eid?

NO :evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

yup im aware of that

BUt whislt im young, im afraid i cant stop myself from buying designer

Admittedly its a weaknes.....but cant curb it!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

why has it become a fashion that : 'its eid, no need to pray today, its eid man, have some weed, hav e a cig' etc?

Asalamualaikum!

Even though its a bit early its a good topic mash'Allah.

I wont b able 2 answer all the q's at mo as i aint gt much time but i will anotha day, insh'Allah.

Just gnna answer the q above as its really disappointing the way pple think nwdayz.

We have been told no matter wat the 5 daily prayers r alwayz essential EID or no EID.

Nwdayz pple think its kool nt 2 pray on EID, chill out , smoke n do all dat bad stuff etc.

In the month of Ramadhan we r taught to control ourselves n remember Allah swt at all times even though we shuld b doin this 24/7. After Ramadhan we shuld try n keep in that state of mind, i dnt mean dnt chill out or hav a nice time. The month of Ramdhan giv us a chance 2 improve urselves n our Iman (faith).

U wnna chill out then chill out the lawful way that doez nt mean nt praying, smoking weed, hiring cars n make such noise that the neighbours n society round us r disturbed.

Nwayz i dnt hav much time nw so i will add 2 it in the upcoming dayz, insh'Allah.

Jazak'Allah khair

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

I think the best way to celebrate eid to reflect on the blessings you have received in ramadan and continue to keep these blessings...and like mujahida said, you should read namaz regardless...i like to spend eid with my family its nice gettin dressed up goin to cuz's house and eatin all the delicious food. I think eid should be like a turnin point for everyone, a celebration for a new good you.

What I want to know is where the people are the rest of the year? In our city every mosque has atleast 2 eid jamaats, some even go upto 5 and each jamaat is packed.

See some ppl complain that we got too many mosques too close to each other but if that were the case then the mosques should be packed out for normal namaz aswell. What eid proves is that its not a lack of mosques but a lack of musallis that we have. My question is how many of the men here still go to mosque five tiems a day on eid, and if not why not?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

ive always done it with family and probably will continue to do so

Its not tooooo bad, but i admit........anything more than a few hours is a bore....ive even been ill on eid day due to boredom and headache several times :shock:

the day after.....go out and have HALAAL fun with my mates, dont hire cars, dont go on pull, dont drink/smoke.........jus do sumat to kill time! Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

hayder bro pretty much the same with me aswell.

Eid day set routine.

read namaz, give salaam to my Teachers, then we (brothers and dad) go to my grandparents, other relatives in order of seniority. By about 12/1 get home and meet my Mother. Then cos my dads the oldest son all my cousins and aunties and uncles come to our house. Eat and then just sit at home.

Next day meet up with some friends, they tend to go snooker hall or cinema so i meet up and leave after a while.

One thing I try to remember consistently on Eid is ALLAH'S favour to us. Once in the eid bayaan, Mawlana stated thaton eid we read two rakat with 6 extra takbeerat. He was stating the wisdom in this and the lesson we are being taught is that '' Oh Man even in your happiness remain in hymning th praise of your Lord'' It makes sense right. When people get happy or sad they begin to go into excess and on the happy occassion of eid we are being reminded to fear ALLAH and remain within limits when expresing our happiness. Unfortunately many people break the very laws of that ALLAH, through whose grace we are celebrating eid.

Let it not be that in your happiness you disregard the Lord of the Worlds

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yeah, Eid namaaz is packed, but let not fault these people, Allah swt has not enlighten these people yet. I have even in the past heard some peopel ask me whether we have to read teh 5 namaaz on Eid.

Eid is normally about visiting cousins and mate houses, it keep me busy all day. Too be honest, I am normally so dead on the second day I just chill at home and do nothing. Don't like the idea of Wimslow Rd or Green Street, you travel all the way there and then just drive around stop and eat and then come back, it much more better going round a mate house and just having a laugh there.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Yuit bro I m not faulting them for reading Eid!

ALLAH is witness that my heart is filled with joy seeing brothers who normally just cruising up and down alum rock rd come into the masjid to read namaz, i just wish they would do more of it!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

you can do whatever u want in Eid

as long as its halaal

normally day one I spend with family

day two I spend with mates

I think it different feeling for different Eid. Little Eid is always better, but at the same time, from the fact you been on a spiritual high from fasting for a month, you want to be a little bit more chill. i normally just go to namaaz and take it from there. I never really like putting effort into Eid, not since the age of 18. But I also wouldn't critise if someone did and went alittle crazy.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Salam

how should one celebrate eid?
what is the islamic way?

Once Ramadan is finished and you have fasted for 30 days, then it is time to party.

This is the Islamic way to celebrate Eid:

Eat plenty of good food at relatives, cafes and at friends houses.

Get your sister to iron your clothes before 7 am. Force her !!

Get your friends out. Bang their door very hard at 11 am sharp. No warnings.

Get a car on the road and burn some rubber.

Make sure you have handy some music CDs with cracking numbers.

Lots of hugs. Ignore no one, even complete strangers.

Touch your mums feet before you go out.

Most important: Read the Eid prayer.

Stay out late, and then sneak back in without notice when everyone is sleep.

Read blessings on the Prophet and go to sleep.

Have nice dreams.

Omrow