Premier League 2007/8

177 posts / 0 new
Last post

btwww aynt all of u suppsed 2 be downstairs watchign england and switzeland play ryt now?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

"Dawud" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Man [b]your[/b] getting good at being me! [b]w[/b]ell done yaqub.

Unless 'getting good at being me' is a euphamism for 'machine-guns', [b]you're[/b] neglecting the apostrophe key which is cruelty to keyboards!

The negligence doesn't end there. You left your 'caps' unlocked and as a result, your congratulations to Ya'qub are stumbling along with an inferiority complex. Man your keyboard!

Biggrin Have a nice day.

Euphemism.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

No, YOU femism!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
No, YOU femism!

Feminism.

YOU antidisestablishmentarianism!

Is this the worst idea in the history of the Premier League?

Quote:
[size=16]Premier League considers going global with overseas matches[/size]
[b]
Season set to be extended to 39 games to enable every club to play abroad.
[/b]
The Premier League is set to go global from the 2011-12 season with matches being played overseas for the first time. The league and the chairmen of its 20 clubs agreed to explore a proposal today whereby the season will be extended from 38 games to 39 to allow every club to play one extra match abroad.

The deal has not been agreed yet, but the chairmen are known to be enthusiastic about the idea. If it goes ahead, the 10 overseas games are expected to take place in January providing there is space in the calendar, with points awarded for the extra match in the normal way. The top five sides are likely to be seeded so that they do not meet each other, but otherwise the fixtures will be drawn out of a hat and played in cities around the world.

"dark^knight" wrote:
It would be interesting to run a poll asking if any of the Asian Man U/Liverpool so-called supporters, have ever attended a match to watch their team play?

If not, then don't call yourself supporters...distant glory hunters...yes...but not supporters in my book.

Yes i have been to several matches

one thing with man united - its never easy to get tickets.....and when i have been able to i go sometimes. unlike other clubs, the demand is high and the costs are high - so you cant call them so-called supporters, season ticket prices are crazy! unless ya mega-wadded, its a bit OTT to cought out that much for one

and to Yaqubs post - what can ya do, its all about the money

i cant understand tho, how that one extra game should count to the points tally. if the league was won by 2 points in a normal 38 season, a one off tie against derby for the team in second, and the team that narrowly won had to play, i dunno...someone like Spurs (5-1!)...then the extra match abroad could be the difference

i dont buy all the 'this is the english league and must stay in england' comments - although it makes sense....you have to think of the money that could be generated and benefit everyone

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I think that, if anything, they should do a playoff. The first place face the forth and the second play the third. Then the winners of each match face-off for the Premier League Trophy. So basically this season Man. U. would play Chelsea and Arsenal would face Everton...

Pretty exciting, plus it means all the top teams could focus on the Champions League more because they wouldn't need to focus on the Premiership as much, as long as they were in the top four.

No?

No.

The league should be won by the team that played best over the whole season.

If you want a separate "champions trophy" to be won by one of the top four teams, then that is a separate matter.

As for adding an extra ten games - I say no. It unbalances the league depending on who the extra match is against.

If lets say the gunners and United have equal points after 38 matches, but United's last match is randomly picked against Derby, but Arsenal get Liverpool? Not really fair. Each team should play each other team twice.

If both teams agree, maybe play one of those fixtures at a different venue. Which could ebe abroad. The team that loses the home match would be at a disadvantage, but not as much as the other situation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well I was joking, but whatever.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Is this the worst idea in the history of the Premier League?

Quote:
[size=16]Premier League considers going global with overseas matches[/size]
[b]
Season set to be extended to 39 games to enable every club to play abroad.
[/b]
The Premier League is set to go global from the 2011-12 season with matches being played overseas for the first time. The league and the chairmen of its 20 clubs agreed to explore a proposal today whereby the season will be extended from 38 games to 39 to allow every club to play one extra match abroad.

The deal has not been agreed yet, but the chairmen are known to be enthusiastic about the idea. If it goes ahead, the 10 overseas games are expected to take place in January providing there is space in the calendar, with points awarded for the extra match in the normal way. The top five sides are likely to be seeded so that they do not meet each other, but otherwise the fixtures will be drawn out of a hat and played in cities around the world.

das soooo stupid!!! were defo gna get moany fans n mangers sayin der player burnin out n stuff...n da issue wiv england!!! dats gna get worse :S wt r dey playin at!!!

Rocky

wahtsd so dfe da as desd fdfs df sdf sdf cfasdc

Biggrin

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
wahtsd so dfe da as desd fdfs df sdf sdf cfasdc

Biggrin

yuu olwaz sai da moasttttt bootivull fings! lolz :S loooooooooooooLZ

ye defo you sez da moost winderfull tingz!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
ye defo you sez da moost winderfull tingz!

i think we need Joie de Vivre to come back and give u a spelling lesson hahahaha Dirol Lol :twisted:

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

3-1 in the derby tomorrow

Ronaldo, Evra, Ronaldo - Benjani

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Ballack (Pen) and VERY BORING MATCH

Arsenal 1 - 1 Blackburn

Adebayor - Samba (from a set piece)

I JUST KNOW IM GOING TO BE RIGHT

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Arsenal 1 - 1 Blackburn

You're right about all that except for two Liverpool goals and some punctuation.

"Sirus" wrote:

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Arsenal 1 - 1 Blackburn

Nope.

Man U 1-2 Man City
(Carrick; Vassell, Benjani)

You're also wrong about Chelsea-Liverpool. This will be 0-0, but you're right it will be a VERY [b]VERY[/b] BORING MATCH.

And finally,

Arsenal 2-0 Blackburn
(Senderos, Adebayor)
[b]
You heard it here first![/b]

Ferdinand own goal? cant see that happening, but to be honest - probably more likely than a man city player scoring at the moment!

and how can you not put adebayor down for a goal?

adeeeeebayooooooor
adeeeeeebayoooooor

give him the ball..............and he will score...

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

He reminds me of kanu.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

a lot more agile than kanu, who was skilfull but slow

adebayor scores, kanu created more

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I meant a young kanu i wouldnt say a lot more agile but there is a notable difference the same can be said about the speed.

Adebayor is much stronger than Kanu too. Plus, he can head the ball with accuracy and power. I don't know what Kanu's problem is, maybe his forehead is bent, but I've never seen him head well.

"Ya'qub" wrote:

Nope.

Man U 1-2 Man City
(Carrick; Vassell, Benjani)

You're also wrong about Chelsea-Liverpool. This will be 0-0, but you're right it will be a VERY [b]VERY[/b] BORING MATCH.

And finally,

Arsenal 2-0 Blackburn
(Senderos, Adebayor)
[b]
You heard it here first![/b]

See! I am 100% right as per usual.

Too bad it took you four attempts to edit it!

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Too bad it took you four attempts to edit it!

O dear. I am ashamed. Sad

The only thing that can brighten my spirits now is a look and the Premiership table, which shows Arsenal are 5 points clear at the top!

Dirol

Well, before I pitched in on the predictions I did consider that it would be end of March before we get a chance to level the score there. Guess I can live with that. Meanwhile we meet at Old Trafford this weekend for an FA Cup showdown, and there's Europe to consider. Enjoy it Ya'qub.

Sadly i feel we might lose on saturday, it reminds me of a couple of years ago when Utd faced up against the gooners and we lost.

Naaah.

Sirus please dont jynx us, each time you say something on here it goes the opposite way!

I truly hope that Wenger plays a reserve team against Man U on the weekend.

The players could do with being rested before the MASSIVE game against AC.

There's a (small) chance they could spring a surprise, but even if they get knocked out, it means we can focus our small squad on just two fronts and not get knackered by the end of the season.

Pages