Horse-riding

How many brothers have done horseriding here? Do you know of any cheap places to do horseriding in UK, cos i think sheffield uni got a promo for horseriding in their freshers week and am definitely gonna give it a go inshaallah, but dont have much monies.

"Medievalist" wrote:
Just got two quick questions:

1. Have any of you been to Palestine. If so how did you go, who did you go with, what was it like? and if you havent been do you seriously intend to go?

2. How many brothers have done horseriding here? Do you know of any cheap places to do horseriding in UK, cos i think sheffield uni got a promo for horseriding in their freshers week and am definitely gonna give it a go inshaallah, but dont have much monies.

Never been Palestine... but ive been hore riding... its good fun but it was whilst i was abroad... i cant recommend anything UK wise sorry.

Back in BLACK

I also ''rode'' a horse when i was abroad, really it was me sitting on the back while my uncle lead it down to the river by the reins.

But I absolutely love horses. They strong and graceful and swift and I hear riding is very good exercise. One of my luxuries that I hope for in the future is to own a horse and ride it; if I live in pakistan then that will be easy cos nothing to stop you jumping on a horse and go galloping up and down the hills; but in UK its soo elitest. My cousin goes you have to wear some opncy riding gear, have to learn some weird lingo and they make you follow loads of technical stuff.

Lol! Back home my uncles just jump on a horse without a saddle and ride around.

Any1 else love horses?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I only had a ride on a cute white pony, does that count?

"Medievalist" wrote:
One of my luxuries that I hope for in the future is to own a horse and ride it;?

lol, already done that. Well technically its my Grandfathers but i can ride it whenever im there in Pakistan. My grandfather just took out a horse put the saddle on and let me jump on and ride around in the field with it... no help no supervision and best of all no stupid training or technical mumbo jumbo.

Just plain fun.

Back in BLACK

rough!
Some things in Pakistan are soo much better than here.

Like here my relatives dont let us ride motorbikes, because they say motorbikes are unsafe, only badmash type boys ride them, hafiz sahibs aren't allowed to ride motorbikes cos it doesnt sit with their status; but back home my uncles just let me go and ride em any time.

Plus here motorbikes arent that fun cos its cold and u also have to wear stupid helmet. Back home weathers wkd and u dnt have to look like a geek riding around with helmet and pads.

Horse riding aswell is sick backhome so I hear, inshaALLAH next time I go im definitely gonna do some serious horseridingh, i can just imagine riding into our village bazar from our houese, acros the fields, past the shrines and round the corner so im sitting on my horse infront of Bazar Masjid.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
rough!
Some things in Pakistan are soo much better than here.

Like here my relatives dont let us ride motorbikes, because they say motorbikes are unsafe, only badmash type boys ride them, hafiz sahibs aren't allowed to ride motorbikes cos it doesnt sit with their status; but back home my uncles just let me go and ride em any time.

Plus here motorbikes arent that fun cos its cold and u also have to wear stupid helmet. Back home weathers wkd and u dnt have to look like a geek riding around with helmet and pads.

lol, thats sooo tru.

Parents ont let me rie a motorbike coz they think its oo dangerious, 90% of Pakistani population rde around on bies without any cruddy helmet.... so y cant we?

and angel... no that dont count, ponies and horses are WAY different.

Back in BLACK

bro seraph exactly!

Plus its seek riding motorbikes; one of my massers back home doesnt ride em cos he is scared of dying and me and my uncles take the mick out of him cos he is such a wuss. He tries to act like he is being all sensible and grown up but i know that really its cos he is scared!

Angel bro, ponies and horses are way different. Ponies are for girls, horses are for men. GRRR!

I was told as a kid that there are three sports in which I should excel: swimming, archery and horseriding. Alhamdulillah learnt how to swim and try to improve when I am back home cos here the conditions for swimming are not met, archery alhamdulillah I have had a go at school and enjoyed it and hope to do some more. But horseriding I only did when I was young and was led by my uncle (as i mentioned earlier) so thats still an ambition for me.

I think its part of my medieval nature lol that i like these old fashioned sports or activities.

I remember when I was younger saw this race going on back home and it was soo wicked. The rider and the horse were like one body; u knw english ppl say dog is mans best friend; for me horse is mans best friend.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

I remember when I was younger saw this race going on back home and it was soo wicked. The rider and the horse were like one body; u knw english ppl say dog is mans best friend; for me horse is mans best friend.

i agree plus horses are alot more useful as they can be used to carry things... while a dog would collapse and die.

By the way angel is a girly girl... thats why she rides ponies. Horses would be too big for her to get on... she'd need an escalator to get on one.

Back in BLACK

"Medievalist" wrote:

Angel bro, ponies and horses are way different. Ponies are for girls, horses are for men. GRRR!

Sister medevil i am actually a girl!

"Seraph" wrote:

By the way angel is a girly girl... thats why she rides ponies. Horses would be too big for her to get on... she'd need an escalator to get on one.

lol! in that case ponies are excellent for her. But she should really be sitting side-saddle or even better we can construct a litter for he and put that on top of the horse so she can travel in comfort.

About the dog. Imagine jumping on one and trying to go anywhere other than the hospital. I really dont get what is so good about dogs. All they do is salivate and bark. Plus I dont like dogs cos they dont like me. In our village evry house has a dog to guard from bandits and thieves and my uncles dog is my sworn enemy. I think its out to get me and is plotting some evil scheme to tear me to bits cos when I walk around on our land with any1 else, even if its a small schild the dog just ignores me; when i step out on my own the ugly mutt starts baring its teeth at me and doesnt take its piercing eyes off me!

Bro which part of pak u from?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

lol! in that case ponies are excellent for her. But she should really be sitting side-saddle or even better we can construct a litter for he and put that on top of the horse so she can travel in comfort.

You freak, i dont travel on horses i just stated i once rode a pony no need to get excited!

Freak you you you!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
Freak you you you!

I think by sayin "you" once would have proven your point but you had to go on and prove that your not only a freak but a weirdo...out of curiousity what made u think i was a bro?

if i was being funny i would say . . .

islam teaches us to always think the best about others. i didnt knw if u were male or female so i thought the best about u and thought u to be male.

hahahaha.

But im not being funny so simple answer is i dont knw.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
if i was being funny i would say . . .

islam teaches us to always think the best about others. i didnt knw if u were male or female so i thought the best about u and thought u to be male.

hahahaha.

But im not being funny so simple answer is i dont knw.

:roll: u being a male would say that but how wrong you are, women are miles better! I think anyone would think a girl is most likely to have the nick "angel"...

k i didnt get that angel is a feminine name , sorry.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i propa love horses man....its a shame i cnt come close to any...i'd love to ride a horse but girls an horses dnt go and not as though i know how ta :oops: ...
i propa feel sorry for horses man especially the ones u see in pakistan u can see they ribs and they get forced to pull the taanga or whateva u call it...u see alot of it in the baazar down jehlum..
even came across a dead horse dwn that place...was gettin eaten up by these gigantic birds Sad

Is the modern equivalent getting a car?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol.

Yeh some horses look so maltreated in Pakistan. ALLAH has made Islam so beautiful that even camel-rights and horserights and animalrights in general are part of our religion but unfortunately some people are unaware of this.

Imagine our religion gives horse, camels and trees rights so how can it ever abuse the rights of humans?

I heard a bayan once and the Mawlana was speaking about rights. and he goes that in the west there are only human rights and animal rights.

In Islam we have jinn rights, angel rights, tree rights, road rights and so many more.

Yeh Jhelum is a bit of a dirty place if u talking about the city but if u chatting about the zillah then some places are ok. BTW taanga is very rare now in jhelum, they replaced by xingxi (read as chingchi) which are 6 seater rickshaws. I didnt see any taange in jhelum even when i went to bazaar and down kutchery rd and at lahore more whcih used to be filled with taange, now not even one.

On the other hand the raje, chawdhry and peers keep some beautiful horses. Last tim I went, I saw a horse dance show and there were some MAGNIFICENT HORSES and they all so well loooked after, shining in the lights and with beautiful decorations around them. I think they massage oil and milk into their coats to make it shine, well thats what my cousin said anyway.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

taanga might not be there anymore ....the last time i went down pakistan was in year 2000 so many changes i guess..about time 2. going to go again inshallah in 3 months wish me luck,,,in jehlum theres dis propa long bridge and our taanga was gonna fall off coz the horse went crazy...well scary man thank god they dnt exsist anymore

"kuri/19" wrote:
going to go again inshallah in 3 months wish me luck,,,in jehlum theres dis propa long bridge and our taanga was gonna fall off coz the horse went crazy..

Lol! May ALLAH make your journey to Pakistan fruiftul and may your prupose of going be achieved.

I remember when I was lil I loved sitting on the taanga, and one of my earliest memories of pakistan was sitting on the back of a taanga watching the horse lift its tail and relieve itself.

Not exactly the best memory but I find it funny. I remember sitting there and thinking that I should invent a bag that goes round the back of horse so it doesnt spoil the roads. Back in those days I used to watch ''it'll never work'' which was abt inventions that ppl thought up.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

lol i hate dat smelllll,,,,,i just hope the roads are much better

warning: dont get your hopes up cos I went to pakistan in summer so i give gud advice.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

depends ur area might be better than mine..where u cm frm dwn pakiland?

Zillah Mirpur is my ancestral home but my mothers family are from Zillah Jhelum so basically thse two districts

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

MP ALERT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

lol....no offence Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

OFFENCE IS TAKEN!!

Why do people hate MPs?? I note that punjabis particularly are racist towards us.

1. Is it cos we speak a bit different. If that is the case let me say that ALL languages are equal and signs of ALLAH with the exception that Arabic is the best language and is superior. Arrogance on regards to language differences is not a worthy traite.

2. Or is it because most of the people who managed to get british passports from pakistan are MP, and so send back loads of money to Mirpur. I have noted that even the difference between neighbouring jhelum district and mirpur district is vast. In MP we have bigger cars, better houses, more shopping plazas, more trade, more wealth.

Lol! MP is so advanced and punjab is still a lil backwater, with small cars, tiny houses and stinky bazars!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

sooooo tru.....my end is so crap....but having seen mirpur its such a dangerous area to live in mountains dangerous rds what not...
even i dnt get whats wrong with MPs im not one but i dnt get whts wrong wiv em

Its coz alot of MP's are dodgy.

(including the politician variety)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Its coz alot of MP's are dodgy.

(including the politician variety)

well thats not a reason to make generalisations. But also I dont think the punjabi politicians are any different to MP politicians. and a lot of punjabis are dodgy, there is very little difference culturally between the punjabis of jhelum and the MPs. Even the language is strongly similar in Sohowa region of Jhelum district and MP lingo so really its an imaginary differnce.

Real difference is money, and as far as i can see thats what is all boils down to. Punjabis are jealous of MP money and that they cant bring their relatives here cos the MPs brought all their ppl over first.

And dnt think im particularly anti punjabi, my moms family are from jhelum so I love jhelum as well but my identity is what my father is so im an MP.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages