17% (1 vote)
sí
17% (1 vote)
no
33% (2 votes)
no
33% (2 votes)
Total votes: 6

Haven't had a general thread on music in a while... I think that might have been on the old forum anyway.

Just listening to the theme song to "the patriot" - now i'm not really into movie themes all that much but it's really some gorgeous violin playing.

lol fabulous movie The Patriot - hope yall saw it. It's completely revisionist propaganda, but I love it.

In no small part because it's about my beloved Charleston.

Wow... off topic from the first post. This is a new impressive record for me.

Have at it.

erm...

...point?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Music - be a good admin and run off to find that post by assadullah about his rap stuff, and copy it to this thread.

It's a music thread, ergo it should have that discussion in it - it's in the No Topic thread somewhere.

Thanks!

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Just listening to the theme song to "the patriot" - now i'm not really into movie themes all that much but it's really some gorgeous violin playing.

In my opinion John Williams (who I think did the music for 'The Patriot') and Hans Zimmer produce some of the best movie scores in the business! (I also like Danny Elfman, but hardly anyone has ever heard of him).

[b]Hola mi amigo.[/b]
So you speak Spanish? My brother took Spanish, but I opted for German and French. Not that I can remember much of it now...fewer brain cells and all that (from being 'old')...

May peace be blessed upon you.

Docendo Discimus

Hola compañero!

I spend a lot of time at the border and my girlfriend is latina so I can (have to) get by - always trying to work on it though, however like you I took french and german, ich kann deutsch mit fluessig.

John Williams, Hanz Zimmer and James Horner are all really good - and I have most definitely heard of Elfman!

He did the theme song to Spiderman which I thought was really cool - but what really impressed me was that he did all the singing roles to Nightmare before Christmas, he's got an excellent voice!

"Don Karnage" wrote:

John Williams, Hanz Zimmer and James Horner are all really good - and I have most definitely heard of Elfman!

He did the theme song to Spiderman which I thought was really cool - but what really impressed me was that he did all the singing roles to Nightmare before Christmas, he's got an excellent voice!

Hola Don,

That's so cool! I really liked 'Nightmare before Christmas' too! It was nominated for a 'Best Animation' Oscar, but was just beaten by Wallace and Grommit in 'The Wrong Trousers' (a claymation that was made here in the UK Smile ).

The theme tune of 'Edward Scissorhands' is my favourite work of Elfmans, followed by almost anything from 'Nightmare before Christmas'. The dark storyline from Tim Burton was also so original...In fact I really like the work of Tim Burton too (well, his work before he was given oodles of cash to play with).

You're right, the theme tune Elfman did for Spiderman was spot on - just the sort of inspiring overtures you need when dealing with the complex character of Spiderman; an ordinary person who is suddenly given extraordinary powers, but must then overcome his own demons to do what is ultimately right...

Hmmm...I really must stop turning every item that I write into something cartoon/comic related...

May peace be blessed upon you.

Docendo Discimus

what type of rap is it?

Is it religiously motivated? political? society?

Best way for an input is if you provided a sample...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I'm just starting to get into alternative jazz - this stuff is awesome!!!

Anybody heard the song Rodney Yates?

Hijaz?

(Islamically that is the region around Makkah and Madinah... the whole region is called it... but I do not think you can take offence)

And there is a niche in good islamic music. give it a try. All you will have to do is remove the bad language (but then it aint rap...), and instead of talking about girls, talk about something else...

There is a way in language where you can show emotion without big words.

Alot of the rap artists out there are walking thesaurai. You need to use the right word in the right place.

As an example on these forums I do use strong words, but try not to use abusive language.

Always find a descriptive word to use, and it will fit better.

I cannot think of other names atm...

You can show emotion through tempo and rhythm, and you can emphasize certain words based on the number of beats you give it in the rap.

Language is only one half of a rap

Says the Aryan poster child.

So I can get to stompin in my err force ones

btw, you do not need to justify anything to us.

We are not here to judge. That will be Allah(swt)'s job on the day of judgement.

But I do think bad language is generally used as a cop out. That is how I use it.