25% (1 vote)
No
25% (1 vote)
Can't remember
0% (0 votes)
Can't remember
0% (0 votes)
Total votes: 4

Someone, who shall remain nameless fiddycent, wants to know why in juma when the molvi is doing takreer do ppl sit with thier hands clasped then ther is a pause and they seperate the hands and place them on the knees?

Anyone know?

I don't.

i dont do it as my molvi in the mousque never thought me , also i have never read it in any book, but someone answer question , very interesting

its the khutbah

has to be a khutbah for jummah to be valid aint it?

also, wen he sits down and gets back up for the second time....that few seoncds inbetween, its one of those most importnant times when ur dua's get answered

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

you can sit however you like.

Khutbah is waajib to listen to.

The preferred way is to sit in saff, as there will be less turbulance between the khutbah, and the actual congregational prayer.

In the past others had sat, all facing the khateeb, but it was thought superior to sit in saff.

however the bit where they hold their hands as in prayer, there is no need to do so.

One more thing; the Azaan before the khutbah is a part of the khutbah. You are not allowed to speak during it. Not even to tell another to shut up.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Hayder bro I think he was askin y ppl have hands clasped for first khutbah and then place hands in tashahhud position for second khutbah.

I dont knw is my answer. Dont do it, cos never been told to do it by our Teachers, may their blessings shower upon us continually.

This is a non-issue, if ppl want to do that let them, if ppl dnt then let them.

But som1 who DOES do it, could possibly explain if there is a reason for it?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

true Med.

As you have said, its a non issue. I just expanded it further to seating positions as I have (lightly) studied the issue a while back...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

aye, a non-issue indeed

i doubt theres anything wrong with doing it, but....

i do it coz all the mosques i go to do it

but i want to know as well

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

bro i have many mosques around my area all have slightly different ways when reading jumma , i stick to what i learned and what i know, dont copy others cos they may be wrong , someone can invent something , someone copy cos he dont know if its correct someone else copy him, in the end everyone does it but no one knows why

sound familiar?

"Raf786" wrote:
bro i have many mosques around my area all have slightly different ways when reading jumma , i stick to what i learned and what i know, dont copy others cos they may be wrong , someone can invent something , someone copy cos he dont know if its correct someone else copy him, in the end everyone does it but no one knows why

sound familiar?

familiar....? im not readin the same page as you i think!

yup, i stick to what i learned too, like i said - i follow what i know and seen

but some people are too worried about inventions, even when it is a non-issue, something so minor

priorities are all messed up

i read jummah at uni, and they dont do that thing at all....jus a speech in english and then fardh...not even a dua after fardh.........all seemed very unfamiliar to me.....but what the heck, aint a biggy

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

of course bro no biggy , its a minor , i jus find its interesting people do it with out knowing lol

any way the main thing is to read namaz

some verses are read, maybe from the Quran or something else

how its bad beats me

but i have the khutbah book, i'll see if that says anything

i dont know about it......neither do you......so its not an issue i think Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

The khutbah is waajib. So you must be there for it.

Otherwise (I believe) you have to pray zuhr, and not jummu'ah