Can British Muslims and Jews get along and still have divergent political beliefs?

200 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:
The boss again?

Ever thought of getting a new job or filing a descrimination lawsuit or somethin, the guy seems like an ignorant jackass.

nah i miss him. on a new project now, working at home this weekend. so not very happy.

in agreement that God created diversity to test us, and see where free will takes us.

All he said was 'Be' and it happened.

Its strange, some people of faith wish they were never born to go through this trial, whilst others choose to see it as a blessing, to be given the chance to worship the one and only God.

I believe that a person with an open heart, with sincere intent, and strives for truth and justice will find success in the kingdom of God.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Wow.. must be pretty miserable if you want that guy back.

I noticed that about some people wanting to just be told whats right and not have to struggle.

Read an interesting book over the summer on that topic.

I think freewill is a large part of how we are made in God's image.

Constantine,

I don't find Judeo-Christian offensive but it can be a bit contrived, no time to read the rest of this thread. Shabbat Shalom Muslims and Christians!

"100" wrote:
Constantine,

I don't find Judeo-Christian offensive but it can be a bit contrived, no time to read the rest of this thread. Shabbat Shalom Muslims and Christians!

lol true - i'll avoid it

"Constantine" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:
God said respect all religions, and he also said if he wanted to he would have made us all one nation with one relgion but he did not want to.

I often wonder why God created all these religions - or rather I should say allowed people to create all these other religions (interpret that in a manner most befitting your religious background).

Honestly I think it has to do with freewill and free conscience but if that's the case I am really impressed.

He's pretty darn confident innit he

Why do you think there are so many religions?

I have no idea what so ever, but that was just something I read in the koran, there was no explanation given at all.

Khan what do u mean by "Judda-ism"?

Judda was a nickname given by my jewish mates (its a long story) but I don't spell it as "Judah".

I did find this in the koran:

[5:57] O you who believe, do not befriend those among the recipients of previous scripture who [u]mock and ridicule[/u] [i]your religion[/i]

Don't say u can't have good chritans and jews as friends....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

booyakasha!..

yeh i take it back. so u a jew judda?

i dunno, to be honest im waiting input from other Muslims on this matter, its a bit unclear wether a Jew should be trusted or not.

there's a saying.. dunno where its roots are but it goes something like this:

a muslim can eat at a jews house (kosher), but should rather sleep in a christians house..

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

no khan i isn't a jew

i is a muslim

"Judda" wrote:
no khan i isn't a jew

could have fooled me :roll:

You know, it's stuff like that which makes me nervous around Muslims, you do know. While I'm looking around for opportunities to spread a little light I inadvertantly give a lot of friendly eye contact, if someone looks uncomfortable I look away for a moment and make sure when I look up again there's a very nice look on my face, and everyone I meet seems to find it tremendously reassuring, except these paranoid, untrusting, hence untrustworthy Muslims *edit - definitely not all Muslims do this*. I find if I stop in the street people struggle, as they do, like old people dropping their bags and mothers trying to manage shopping, a pushchair and a phone call, and I'm always happy to tidy things up, don't require thanks, I'm just that excellent, and what I notice is that if, say, I've stopped at an Islamic literature stall, I'm the only person who even pays attention to all that, some Muslims are so caught up in this distrust game that how it manifests is not caring a damn for anyone, so long as they look good doing dawah. Sucks. It's obviously not just Muslims who get up themselves, but this issue is a really good example.

"angel" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:
no khan i isn't a jew

could have fooled me :roll:

why?

Is it coz:

1. I don't hate Jews

2. Got loads of Jewish mates

3. Condemn suacide bombing in israil

4. My name is Judda

5. Got an obsession with mathamatically composed litrature

6. Don't agree with everything about islam

7. I is "confused" as u seem how seem to believe

8. Coz I said Saudi Jews and Christians should be allowed to build churches and synagouges and practice thier religion in peace.

I reckon it is number 1, 3 and 8.

"Judda" wrote:
Is it coz:

1. I don't hate Jews

2. Got loads of Jewish mates

3. Condemn suacide bombing in israil

4. My name is Judda

5. Got an obsession with mathamatically composed litrature

6. Don't agree with everything about islam

7. I is "confused" as u seem how seem to believe

8. Coz I said Saudi Jews and Christians should be allowed to build churches and synagouges and practive thier religion in peace.

I reckon it is number 1, 3 and 8.

Actually its none of the above cuz i quoted the wrong part of your post, " i is muslim" is what i was wantin to quote.......yeh your one confused person. dont knw why i even bother postin!

angel,

You're offending me pretty badly. I don't know why you post either if you won't flesh it out. What's your issue?

i is very bored, we got comps in almost all lessons....

"100" wrote:
angel,

You're offending me pretty badly. I don't know why you post either if you won't flesh it out. What's your issue?

eh how exactly am i offendin u?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

:idea:

....erm we're not actually suppose to be fighting innit :?

angel,

By picking Judda apart over his defense of trusting Jewish people, but not adding an explanation, seems to allude to some less pleasant attitudes, and I'm offended any Muslim should have to put up with nipping in the bud any opportunity to form strong, productive interpersonal bonds.

That is also a backward step for humanity, but if I've misinterpreted please flesh it out.

she misquoted Jud, she meant coz he claims hes muslim

im sure she meant no offence to jews

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

but i is a muslim :roll:

and im the Queens Mum

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

y don't u think i am a muslim

is it coz of the list above?

i feel like im goin in circles!!!

you cant disagree with certain parts of Islam, you cant listen to people who claim to be Nabi's/Prophet's, you cant drink, you cant be GAY like you!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

and the Quran is entertainment to you? whereas muslims consider it a a guide, a manual to life

and jus coz u may be an arab you reckon you can quote the Quran with your own understandings. ever heard of Thafseer?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

LIAR IF SOME ONE READS A VERSE OUT OF CONTEXT I POINT IT OUT THATS ALL.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i feel like im goin in circles!!!

you cant disagree with certain parts of Islam, you cant listen to people who claim to be Nabi's/Prophet's, you cant drink, you cant be GAY like you!!

I AM NOT GAY

I RARELY DRINK

ALL MUSLIMS BELEIVE MUHAMMAD WAS THE FINAL NABI, THATS WHAT IT SAYS IN THE KORAN.

I CAN DISAGREE WITH THE BRUTALITY OF THE SHARIA U CAN'T STOP ME :!:

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

"100" wrote:
angel,

By picking Judda apart over his defense of trusting Jewish people, but not adding an explanation, seems to allude to some less pleasant attitudes, and I'm offended any Muslim should have to put up with nipping in the bud any opportunity to form strong, productive interpersonal bonds.

That is also a backward step for humanity, but if I've misinterpreted please flesh it out.

Yep u read my post wrong, i actually posted the wrong part of judda's post, please read posts properly before you start accusing ppl. I only ever knew this one jew boy whom i respected a lot cuz he was a decent person. I dont know any jews apart from him so i cannot pass my judgement on jews and neither do i hold a grudge against jews to me they are the same as all non-muslims, whom i would treat in the same manner as i was treated by them.

Cool, please don't see it as an accusation, it was the effect for me of what you wrote, and [i]I'm sorry I upset you[/i]. (Others please note, saying that didn't hurt me). I don't agree with treating people in whatever manner they treat you btw, keeps everything a bit petty and your spirit gets muddy.

"100" wrote:
Cool, please don't see it as an accusation, it was the effect for me of what you wrote, and [i]I'm sorry I upset you[/i]. (Others please note, saying that didn't hurt me). I don't agree with treating people in whatever manner they treat you btw, keeps everything a bit petty and your spirit gets muddy.

well i get treated in a good manner by all so i dont really have to get myself in a huff over others, if ppl do be bad best thing is to ignore it.

okay,-

the only reason i asked Judda is because of ur name.. havent really read any of ur posts.. to make any judgements. but just because u have Jew friends doesnt imply anything. nah ur definatly Muslim.

its all fiddly yeh, i mean.. come on lets be realistic here 100, yeh im all for peace, and looking beyonds one faiths in friendship, i really like it.. I really want a planet where everyone can trust one another.

but is it possible? there are thousands of variables that must be considered before one can fully submit their trust.. and it goes both ways.. on ur part ur not trusting of Muslims on my part im not trusting of Jews.. because of stuff happening now, because of beliefs, because of history, because of texts etc etc..

was watching this programme on telly last night, on israel/palestine.. was pretty balanced.. one thing that stuck in my mind was a statement made by Sharon saying that, it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks about Israel, Israel will exist at any cost.

not an exact quote.. but u get the drift.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

Pages