I wanna do it too...

its all new to me ya c....

its like a new discovery....

likes aliens have landed...

ya know what i mean....

i is just so amazed....

i was always told it was shirk....

erm... y do u call it "dum" a da imam called it "dam"

Its not "dam" the emphasis is placed on the sound "U" as opposed to the non-existent "A" in this word.

For the 100th time it is not SHIRK!!!

Neway i need to get away from here.

den y do some ppl call it "chamba"?

how many other words are there for this practice?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:

To be honest ive never come across it being re-fered to as "chamba"...

but as angel said its pronounced with an emphasis on the 'U' not an 'A'.

Back in BLACK

"Judda" wrote:

Thats becuz "chamba" is another word for it, dum, chamba who cares! what diff. does it make, just 2 diff. names for it.

so tell me what ya say then angel :o

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i think the freak is in dire need of having "dam" done to him

its obvious the freak is possessed by demons

no normal person would dare to blasphemise as much as he does

stupid low life :evil:

What Fool he hasn’t said anything wrong :?:
Loads of people think dam is shirk
Nobody has come across a ahadith or quote from the Koran promoting dam and I stick to my original conclusion-it’s bidah….

erm... Juddah's post have historically been heavily edited by the mods...

He has improved. Alot.

Nobody thinks dam is shirk. No single group does so. Why do you think it is

'Dam' is reading the aayah's of the qur'an.

I asked you to ask for proof in this topic, not that oit had given the proof. (So far it was not asked for...)

So I'll ask for it.

what is the proof behind dam?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

'Dam' is reading the aayah's of the qur'an.

Not all forms of it is.

The type Judda was referring to is type my dad does.

I had one [odd] form of dam done 4 years ago, it was done by a khalifa, he was practically shouting in my ear with a long stick for about 20 minutes, God knows what he was shouting but a lot of it was not from the Koran. I had a sore ear after that :?

I personally have not come across that.

what did it involve?

I have seen alot of reciting Surah Fatiha... and a few other Aayahs...

Nowt wrong with that.

If other things are done by people, we need to know what before giving an opnion...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"E20" wrote:
I had one [odd] form of dam done 4 years ago, it was done by a khalifa, he was practically shouting in my ear with a long stick for about 20 minutes, God knows what he was shouting but a lot of it was not from the Koran. I had a sore ear after that :?

A khalifah?

:?

"Admin" wrote:
I personally have not come across that.

what did it involve?

I have seen alot of reciting Surah Fatiha... and a few other Aayahs...

Nowt wrong with that.

If other things are done by people, we need to know what before giving an opnion...

It depends on the form of dam. The most common type is reciting verses from the Koran and then blowing it on people. Some people believe you can do it over the phone.

"Beast" wrote:

A khalifah?

lol this is what the dictionary says a khalifa is:

Quote:
In common use, Khalifa is the Arabic word translated into English as Caliph. See the latter entry for a discussion of the leadership post.-------Khalifa is Arabic for "stewardship" of nature and family, a key obligation of a Muslim (one accepting Islam). By contrast, in Judeo-Christian tradition, the term "dominion over nature" is the usual translation of the Hebrew word râdâh in Genesis.

However everyone calls this guy a khalifa (I have NO idea why), he is a bit like a peer… He gave my family these bits of rolled up paper with ayahs written on them, told us to burn them coz then we will have peace in our house. :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Khalifah literally mean vice-regent, or representative...

But why was that guy called khalifah?

(We are all khalifah's of Allah (swt) on earth...)

who does he represent?

Back to topic:

It all depends on what was read, and hsi intention.

'magic' is banned. If its a religious prayer, its ok, but I would like to hear an exlanation... seems kerrazie

"E20" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

A khalifah?

lol this is what the dictionary says a khalifa is:

Quote:
In common use, Khalifa is the Arabic word translated into English as Caliph. See the latter entry for a discussion of the leadership post.-------Khalifa is Arabic for "stewardship" of nature and family, a key obligation of a Muslim (one accepting Islam). By contrast, in Judeo-Christian tradition, the term "dominion over nature" is the usual translation of the Hebrew word râdâh in Genesis.

However everyone calls this guy a khalifa (I have NO idea why), he is a bit like a peer… He gave my family these bits of rolled up paper with ayahs written on them, told us to burn them coz then we will have peace in our house. :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Would it have anything to do with Rashad Khalifa?

"Admin" wrote:

But why was that guy called khalifah?

(We are all khalifah's of Allah (swt) on earth...)

who does he represent?

I don’t know this guy well, but as far as I know all he ever does is commit shirk :roll:. Every month in his house he holds a special event commemorating the dead saints and peers, it must cost him a bloody fortune!

And good link naj
Smile

"E20" wrote:

I don’t know this guy well, but as far as I know all he ever does is commit shirk :roll:. [b]Every month in his house he holds a special event commemorating the dead saints and peers, it must cost him a bloody fortune! [/b]

OR he is making a fortune from these death anniversaries.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"E20" wrote:

I don’t know this guy well, but as far as I know all he ever does is commit shirk :roll:. [b]Every month in his house he holds a special event commemorating the dead saints and peers, it must cost him a bloody fortune! [/b]

OR he is making a fortune from these death anniversaries.

Hahaha I didn’t think about that. But if he didn’t charge he would be bankrupt!

so... how is it shirk?

shirk is the strongest thing you can say.

Now how does he commit shirk?

(He may be a money spinner... but that is not shirk...)

There was someone on the Islam channel (Q&A programme) that said taweez was shirk. He even quoted from an ahadith saying that the prophet said it was shirk… and I think he cursed anyone who wore it.

The khalifa does other bizarre stuff too.

"E20" wrote:
There was someone on the Islam channel (Q&A programme) that said taweez was shirk. He even quoted from an ahadith saying that the prophet said it was shirk… and I think he cursed anyone who wore it.

The khalifa does other bizarre stuff too.

Many people say amny things. You always need to follow the evidence.

find the hadith.

Taweez is the same as ruqyah (dam) for most cases.

however you are not allowed to use magic/witchcraft, and try to use that for gain...

"E20" wrote:

riiiiiiiite so using Allah's own words taken from the Quran for a healing purpose is "shirk", you really are a clever one!

Also the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is not an ordinay man, none of the Prophets (as) are ordinary men! Prophets (as) are pure and free from all sins, that is not ordinary!

"Angel" wrote:

riiiiiiiite so using Allah's own words taken from the Quran for a healing purpose is "shirk", you really are a clever one!

some taveez have the stupid peers signature on them, you very clever too angel!

"Angel" wrote:

Also the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is not an ordinay man, none of the Prophets (as) are ordinary men! Prophets (as) are pure and free from all sins, that is not ordinary!

Read my reply to that thread.

"E20" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

some taveez have the stupid peers signature on them, you very clever too angel!

Yeh i am clever i knw that thanks. Well it shows how clever a person is if they have a taweez round their neck with the signature of the peer, thats when you gota use the common sense Allah (swt) has given you. As far as i knw a true peer wouldnt charge you for a taweez.

If anyone ever charges, stay away.

You are not allowed to 'sell' the Qur'an.

There is this popular peer in Birmingham that charges a fiver for a taveez. People all the way from Scotland travel to see him. He claims ALL the money goes to a mosque, you can tell the money is well spent because the Mosque looks fab. I personally reject peers but would you guys go and see such a peer? You may ring him on 01217738120 :twisted:

Angel calm down, some taveez have stuff written in Arabic, people assume they are from the Koran when in actual fact it’s a poem written in Arabic (possibly with shirk in it). I don’t understand Arabic and if I was given that I would assume it’s probably from the Koran. You may know Arabic since you are clever and learning the language is highly recommended (however the grammar is indescribably difficult for idiots like me), and if you received such a taveez you would probably stamp on it, Angel we are not all fortunate like you.

"E20" wrote:
There is this popular peer in Birmingham that charges a fiver for a taveez. People all the way from Scotland travel to see him. He claims ALL the money goes to a mosque, you can tell the money is well spent because the Mosque looks fab. I personally reject peers but would you guys go and see such a peer? You may ring him on 01217738120 :twisted:

I dont knw what idiots go to see this person all the way from Scotland, shame on them!! :evil:

"E20" wrote:

Angel calm down, some taveez have stuff written in Arabic, people assume they are from the Koran when in actual fact it’s a poem written in Arabic (possibly with shirk in it). I don’t understand Arabic and if I was given that I would assume it’s probably from the Koran. You may know Arabic since you are clever and learning the language is highly recommended (however the grammar is indescribably difficult for idiots like me), and if you received such a taveez you would probably stamp on it, Angel we are not all fortunate like you.

I wouldnt even get a taweez cuz it has Quranic ayats on it and like admin said goin to the toilet with one on isnt respectful as for stampin on it, i wudnt do that unless i knew what was written on it. My gran has a peer who does taveez but he dont charge nothing!

Its depends who u go to, if its sum1 whos grabbin money then your commen sense should tell you he is a fake!

Angel I reject peers full stop

As for that peer, why would he lie? The mosque he gives his money to is dead nice.

"E20" wrote:
Angel I reject peers full stop

As for that peer, why would he lie? The mosque he gives his money to is dead nice.

I dont care if you reject peers thats up to you but i reject your argument on the basis that taweez is shirk, i dont make sense!

I didnt say he lied bout his money but like admin pointed out no one should "sell" the Quran plus if he wants money for the mosque he can just ask! If they are wiling to pay for a taweez instead of givein money for taweez a lil money for the mosque wont kill them

Pages