0% (0 votes)
a cure
0% (0 votes)
Don't know, don't care....
50% (3 votes)
Don't know, don't care....
50% (3 votes)
Total votes: 6

When I was in London I met this Imam and he was on about a practice called 'dam' some ppl call it 'chamba'.

NE1 know anything about it?

...and is it shirk or does it actually work?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
When I was in London I met this Imam and he was on about a practice called 'dam' some ppl call it 'chamba'.

NE1 know anything about it?

...and is it shirk or does it actually work?

explain, what does it involve, if its shirk who are u worshipin or makin eqivalent to allah?

Apparently its when u read verses from the Koran and u blow it on a person...

its sounds interesting coz when I was at the imams house he did it on me and the guy realised I had a headache straight after he blew on me but the strange thing is I never actually told anyone I had a headache, I just said I didn't feel well :!: 10 mins later mi headache went away...

Mi bro said that practice is shirk (well lets just say he thinks everything is shirk :roll: ) and he said it was just a coincidence that my headache went away, but I don’t understand how the imam knew i had a headache when i never told NE1 I had a headache according to him when he blew on me he could actully feel the pain so he knew how i had one....

has it got summing to do with witchcraft (I don't trust ppl me) that guy was reciting the verses v. quietly and he was trying to convince me imploring dead ppl is not shirk :!: ....

All mi whabi m8s say it is shirk....

"Judda" wrote:

its sounds interesting coz when I was at the imams house he did it on me and the guy realised I had a headache straight after he blew on me but the strange thing is I never actually told anyone I had a headache, I just said I didn't feel well :!: 10 mins later mi headache went away...

Mi bro said that practice is shirk (well lets just say he thinks everything is shirk :roll: ) and he said it was just a coincidence that my headache went away, but I don’t understand how the imam knew i had a headache when i never told NE1 I had a headache according to him when he blew on me he could actully feel the pain so he knew how i had one....

has it got summing to do with witchcraft (I don't trust ppl me) that guy was reciting the verses v. quietly and he was trying to convince me imploring dead ppl is not shirk :!: ....

Yeah i knw what ur talking about... and as far as im aware its a common practice among many muslims. Basicly certain verse of the Quran can be recited and blown onto some1 to gain certain effects (to ward away evil or to grant health or watever)... as far as i knw its NOT shirk as its only just re-inforcing the words of Allah(swt) from the Quran.

I know coz my Grandma does it too. And no its not the same as Witchcraft.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:

Yeah i knw what ur talking about... and as far as im aware its a common practice among many muslims. Basicly certain verse of the Quran can be recited and blown onto some1 to gain certain effects (to ward away evil or to grant health or watever)... as far as i knw its NOT shirk as its only just re-inforcing the words of Allah(swt) from the Quran.

I know coz my Grandma does it too. And no its not the same as Witchcraft.

I'd definately agree too coz my cuzin has it done by an Imam weneva she's really ill.

I remember one of the brother had it done thru the hospitals 4ne by Shaykh ul Islam as he was really ill after he got of the 4ne few minutes later one of the nurses went to meet him, it was just unbelievable how much he had recovered..the nurses were just shocked.

Few dayz later he was out of hospital Biggrin

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

I heard there are different forms of chamba/dam for different reasons, anyone know anything about it?

"Mujahidah" wrote:

I'd definately agree too coz my cuzin has it done by an Imam weneva she's really ill.

I remember one of the brother had it done thru the hospitals 4ne by Shaykh ul Islam as he was really ill after he got of the 4ne few minutes later one of the nurses went to meet him, it was just unbelievable how much he had recovered..the nurses were just shocked.

Few dayz later he was out of hospital Biggrin

yeh i heard bout that amazin...

Awrite juda u talkin bout "dum", like seraph said its not shirk cuz all u are doin is using quranic ayats for the ill person to benefit from...how can using allah's words to benefit sum1 possibly mean shirk!! Poeple are getin soo annoyin, they call anythin and eveyrthin shirk.

There is nothing wrong in reciting the qur'an. There is nothing wrong in asking Allah (swt) for help. There is nothing wrong with someone asking Allah (swt) for help on your behalf.

So this 'dam' is allowed.

It is Only shirk if you call/believe someone else apart from Allah as a god.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

this man came to our house and did dum on my nephew 2 keep evil and illnesses away from him...definetly not shirk

"Judda" wrote:
I heard there are different forms of chamba/dam for different reasons, anyone know anything about it?

My gran does it all the time, for headaches, for pains, to take "nazar" off etc she done dum on me when i had headache and it got better after a while..its better to get that done than have painkillers cuz at one point i was addicted to them.

But don't headaches go away after a bit anyway?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
But don't headaches go away after a bit anyway?

lol they do for most ppl but mine tend to last till the next day, so it went away within an hour or 2. it also matters how much faith you have in this and according to that it will be effective at least thats what i think

some times its just the placebo effect.

Most medicines also use the placebo effect to 'cure' illness.

You think you will be cured, and the mind cures you.

I am not knocking dhikr as a cure though.

"Admin" wrote:
some times its just the placebo effect.

Most medicines also use the placebo effect to 'cure' illness.

You think you will be cured, and the mind cures you.

I am not knocking dhikr as a cure though.

yeh for some things such as headaches your mind thinkin the medicine is going to work is enough to cure you whereas if you are really ill and i mean really ill when your mind is very weak and you get dum done then its the affect of the dum and not your mind.

I dont believe in nazar.... it don't make much sense to me...

mi bro said in some forms of dam they idolise muhammad and some forms of dam they say wierd stuff...

when i was in london mi headache was killing me and i didn't expect to to go away that day, i was surprised it went away in 10 mins...

exactly what do they recite, i asked my brelwi m8 and the freak said it is "top secret" i is now very suspicious to why they recite the vereses so quietly u cant even hear them....

I was brought up as a whabi and we were always told it is shirk and we were told it does not work....

"Judda" wrote:
I dont believe in nazar.... it don't make much sense to me...

mi bro said in some forms of dam they idolise muhammad and some forms of dam they say wierd stuff...

when i was in london mi headache was killing me and i didn't expect to to go away that day, i was surprised it went away in 10 mins...

exactly what do they recite, i asked my brelwi m8 and the freak said it is "top secret" i is now very suspicious to why they recite the vereses so quietly u cant even hear them....

I was brought up as a whabi and we were always told it is shirk and we were told it does not work....

The reason they say it is top secret is cuz you have to have permision to do “dum” becuz you have to know what you are readin and for what reason....no1 "idolise's" the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) anythin that is in the Quran is what is used, if Allah (swt) himself praises the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who are we to say it is shirk?

"angel" wrote:

The reason they say it is top secret is cuz you have to have permision to do “dum”

permission from who?

"Judda" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

The reason they say it is top secret is cuz you have to have permision to do “dum”

permission from who?

People who have authority in islam..ie. scholars

That don't make sense y can't NE1 do it?

i think the freak is in dire need of having "dam" done to him

its obvious the freak is possessed by demons

no normal person would dare to blasphemise as much as he does

stupid low life :evil:

erm... what have i said wrong now?

"Judda" wrote:

well if anyone did the "dum" and they didnt understand what they were readin what would be the point, it would have no effect! I'll ask my gran.

"angel" wrote:
"Judda" wrote:

well if anyone did the "dum" and they didnt understand what they were readin what would be the point, it would have no effect! I'll ask my gran.

Yea but if ppl find out what they is reading they can they do it innit?

i wanna do it :!:

"Judda" wrote:

Yea but if ppl find out what they is reading they can they do it innit?

i wanna do it :!:

How can you? You doubt what the Quran says and you feel its to harsh on punishment!

koran DOES NOT mention stoning to death :!:

it says a 100 lashes :!:

NE1 know how 2 do it?

ok judda, just confirmed it with gran, she received it from her shaykh and ijaza is required becuz they grant you permission to read it to benefit others...also you can read it yourself it is just quranic ayats and you can do "dum" if you have pain or whatever, its just a way of askin allah help to reduce the pain you are feeling through allah swt own words.

"angel" wrote:
ok judda, just confirmed it with gran, she received it from her shaykh and ijaza is required becuz they grant you permission to read it to benefit others

y da hell do u need permission?

no1 is ever gonna give me permission....

y can't u just tell me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

"Judda" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
ok judda, just confirmed it with gran, she received it from her shaykh and ijaza is required becuz they grant you permission to read it to benefit others

y da hell do u need permission?

no1 is ever gonna give me permission....

y can't u just tell me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Cuz its top secret Wink

Neway if you want, what you can do is read a quranic ayat which builds your knowledge i think a boy like you needs a few brain cells..

p.s. my gran says she gona find out from her shaykh and if possible grant me permission to do "dum" hehe

I wanna do it too...

its all new to me ya c....

its like a new discovery....

likes aliens have landed...

ya know what i mean....

i is just so amazed....

i was always told it was shirk....

erm... y do u call it "dum" a da imam called it "dam"

Pages