New PC Needed! Also New Laptop needed!

67 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
not bad idea.

but get a pc? cost around the same and theyre better.

mine was made for around 500 quid, and its top of range everything.

I would but mum is on the verge on throwin my sis's PC out the window, really a PC takes more space whereas my laptop i can slide it under my bed or put in my drawer.

oh ryt ok

but u do knw what the laptop battery lifes are like dont ya? unless its plugged in all the time

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
oh ryt ok

but u do knw what the laptop battery lifes are like dont ya? unless its plugged in all the time

Yeh i knw and that aint a problem

So far from what I have seen, in reverse order,

3. [url=

£585 including windows (which you need...)

2. [url=

Good, but not enought memory. Get them to double it from 256 to 512 if possible.

1. [url=

Even better (£596 though) It has decent memory, and bigger hdd of 60 GB (more than enough as long as you don't save too many films.)

(edit: Just changed the number one deal)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

novatech one.....u want Windows XP professional therefore its actually more.

Angel, i would say the number 1 on admins list is a good buy. no 2 aint bad either, u wont notice the diffrence.

there must be a delivery price tho?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

about 8 quid for shipping.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i sugesst she go for number 2.

how does ebuy worrk? same as ebay?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

even better

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

for that number one spot, there is a very similar one, 3 quid cheaper on [url=

Just gonna read up tp see what the main difference (apart from the one I selected above having a card reader built in...)

angel I hope you don't mind us adding some above your price range, but the extra £50 is giving a lot better features.

And [url=

Its good at £499, This one is refurbished though.

It's most likely a returned laptop. If you are willing to overlook that, its the best offer so far.

And [url=

Also refurbished, but this is a P4 system (so you won't have the strength to carry it around! its a desktop replacement.) (£479.99)

hes on a roll.....Angel shud be surprised wen she wakes up in the mornin!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

New leaders:

1.[url=
Aspire 5002LM (£549)[/url]

Good PC. It meets your price range (dunno about delivery though...) Good processor, decent memory, but no wireless stuff.

Also 1. [url= Aspire 5001LM (£499)[/url]

This one is very similar to the one above, but refurbished. It has a slightly older processor, but the difference should be very small.

[url= Acer TravelMate 4151LMi Centrino 725 1.6GHz 60GB 512MB 15" DVD-RW WLAN XP Pro + 6-in-1 Card Reader. [/url]

This has wireless lan, if you are interested. If you don't know what that is, you probably are not interested.

Wireless lan: connect your internet to a wireless router, and you can go onto the net where ever you are (not too far... it does have a decent range.)

wow thanks admin! ok one last favour can you list the three best ones and then i will choose. actually i do prefer to have the wireless LAN dont they all offer that?

Most laptops (new ones) have WLAN standard.

however its mot much use unless you have a network in your house

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
wow thanks admin! ok one last favour can you list the three best ones and then i will choose. actually i do prefer to have the wireless LAN dont they all offer that?

I'll give top three in a bit. need to look into one other laptop not listed atm... (£569)

has anyone mentioned the deals on Dell?

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
has anyone mentioned the deals on Dell?

rubbish

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

serious i was tempted to go for this

£269 - Type E-value Code: 11111-D09511a

simple, but does the job machine, already got a monitor.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"khan" wrote:
serious i was tempted to go for this

£269 - Type E-value Code: 11111-D09511a

simple, but does the job machine, already got a monitor.

Intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz? forget it.

what spec PC do you have atm? you can get a better upgrade IMO.

And that deal, removing the support, is £269.99, but still has no graphics card.

What PC do you have atm? I may be able to suggest a better deal.

As an example you may be able to upgrade your current system with [url=h for around £220[/url] (you will need a new power supply, and probably a new case and psu, so you will have to budget around £250 if you use your old hdd, and gfx )

nah i sold pc last month. been using my work laptop for intenet.

i don't need anything fancy really, summit cheap and will last at least a year. not into gaming, movie editing or music. But will be used for internet, web dev, divx.

not got any old parts, will therefore need a whole unit.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

Ok the 1,2,3 for angel:

The best offer I have found, I cannot seem to find it. It is the Packard Bell b3 800

It was available @ dixons for £549 incl free delivery, but they have removed it. It was also available at PC world @£600 with free printer, but its out of stock.

The only place I can find it instock is here:

Specs:
AMD Turion Processor ML32 (1.8ghz, 512 kb Cache)
512 MB RAM
50 GB Hdd
15.1 Inch TFT screen
Wireless LAN
Integrated Graphics
DVD Reader/writer

[b]Price on that site: £560 inc vat and delivery.[/b]

If you go for this, ring the place up first. It is brand new, but clearance stock.

Second Place:

An Intel Centrino system. Its abit above your asking price (£593 + Delivery)

Available from [url=

Specs:

Intel Pentium M 730 (1.6 GHz, 2MB Cache)
512 MB RAM
60 GB Harddrive
15" TFT active matrix
Wireless LAN
Integrated Graphics
CD writer/DVD-Rom combo

[b]Price: £600 inc vat & del.[/b]
Its a good laptop.

Number 3 is similar to number 1, but with slightly worse processor, and no Wireless LAN

[url=

AMD Turion 64 ML-30 (1.6 GHz, 1 MB cache)
512 MB RAM
60 GB hdd
DVD-Writer
15" TFT

[b]Price: £545.62 inc vat & Del.[/b]

Just a word of note. I have heard good things about the shop for number 3. I have used the shop from number 2 myself. I have not used shop from number 1.

The choice is Yours.

Laptop 1 is the best

But check out the sellers first.....make sure your ok with them

You could do Blind Date style.....ask 3 questions to Laptop No.1, Laptop No.2, Laptop No.3

and then whichever one you like....its yours for a date....dont like it? return it!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

was this of any benefit?

Or has it convinced you to avoid the moment of purchase for as long as possible?

"Admin" wrote:
was this of any benefit?

Or has it convinced you to avoid the moment of purchase for as long as possible?

I no longer require a laptop...thanks for all your efforts.

Lol Lol Lol

now thats funny. sent Admin round in circles

good thing i didnt bother searching Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

its all good.

I have not looked into laptops in the past... mainly because I do not like the things.

So for the future I have a frame of reference.

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
Lol Lol Lol

now thats funny. sent Admin round in circles

good thing i didnt bother searching Blum 3

hawwwwww good thing i know who to ask next time!! nah i was only jokin i am goin to get a laptop its no. 2 i am thinkin of goin for cuz admin said he hasnt purchased from the shop no. 1 so i probs go for 2.

Pages