Parents-What Are They?
0% (0 votes)
Parents-What Are They?
0% (0 votes)
I Wish They Were Stricter-They Let Me Get Away With Murder
0% (0 votes)
I Wish They Were Stricter-They Let Me Get Away With Murder
0% (0 votes)
Lil Sis-You're So Clever You Post Such Intresting Msgs-I Wish Everyone Was More Like You
33% (4 votes)
Lil Sis-You're So Clever You Post Such Intresting Msgs-I Wish Everyone Was More Like You
33% (4 votes)
Total votes: 12

How strict are ur parents?

Is ur mum stricter then ur dad? Can parents be TOO strict?

Are they equally strict with girls and boys?

Did they used to be stricter? Or have the became MORE stricter as you've grown older?

Is it tru that extremly strict parents are responsible for their kids going astray?

What are ur curfews and restrictions? Do ur parents peck ur head? What kind of stuff cant u do?

How strict are YOU gonna be when you become a mummy/daddy

Discuss

Dirol

Quote:

ROFL!

Lol Lol Lol

According to my parents having an education is very good but too much reading sends you mad.

They tell me to get out more, but when I do, they say what's the point.

Hence, I don't know whether to class them as strictly conservative or strictly liberal.

lilsis none of those poll things are of my view but i do agree you are clever but it dont answer the question as to what i think of parents..my parents are fine with me, i get as much freedom as i should, i am not allowed out till late, i have 2 tell my parents where i am...as long as my parents know where i am goin it is fine by them..

my bro has got way to much freedom (which i dont agree with) my mum is less strict than dad but overall i am happy with the freedom i have and the limitations it has..

Salaam

I don’t know whether I should place my parents in the “strict” category…sometimes I feel that their actions are justified and sometimes I don’t…

When I was younger I thought they were extremely strict.

Being the first child and the first grandchild from mum and dads side meant that I’ve always had too much involvement/interference in my life.

When I was about 11 dad told me to wear a scarf….I kept up the pretence for a bit-until someone grassed me up. I still feel that he shouldn’t have forced me…whenever a friend used to visit me my parents used to send my sister into my room…..and whenever I wanted to go out even to the corner shop they’d send my sister with me…..

They thought that I could never get up to stuff if she’s there….this invasion of privacy used to drive me mad….but this is the main reason why me and her are now so close.

I wasn’t allowed to go to town or even to the local library cos dad knew that kids who go to the library don’t go there to study….

I remember not being allowed to go to my class trip to Spain for a week…I remember being so upset that I cried for a week. After school I’d always have to change out of my school trousers/skirt into Asian clothes…

When I started to wear eye make up to college dad used to hand me a tissue every morning and tell me to wipe my make up off…

I wasn’t supposed to cut my hair, but I always used to get it cut secretly anyway…

At the age of 15 I started to go out but always made sure that I was home before dad got home…mums always been OK with me going out….

Now I feel that all of the above was justified… dad’s demands weren’t unreasonable.

There’s been a balance in my upbringing cos whatever dad never let us do…mum used to let us do without his knowledge….

But cos I’m a bit older now he’s fine with what I wear, where I go, who I meet up with etc….

But he still has a issue with me being out in the evenings….and I always get a lecture when I get home, which irritates me extremely….especially when he knows that I’m not in some “dodgy” place. There’s this Islamic course abroad that I want to go to which I wish he’d let me go to…..

If I’m late returning from somewhere my mobile rings constantly which annoys me…

For some weird reason he don’t like me reading books either….so whenever he comes in my room I hide my book and pull out some fashion magazine pretending that I was reading that instead?!

I’ am very strict with my sister though….I always read her text messages/check her received calls etc…even though I know that if my parents ever did that to me, I’d throw a fit.

As a mum I have a feeling that I will be stricter.

(sorry-long post...looks like I needed to get that of my chest)

Wasalaam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
How strict are ur parents?

Is ur mum stricter then ur dad? Can parents be TOO strict?

Are they equally strict with girls and boys?

Did they used to be stricter? Or have the became MORE stricter as you've grown older?

Is it tru that extremly strict parents are responsible for their kids going astray?

What are ur curfews and restrictions? Do ur parents peck ur head? What kind of stuff cant u do?

How strict are YOU gonna be when you become a mummy/daddy

Discuss

Dirol

It'd say my parents are pretty strict.

That goes for my brother and me as well as my sister. Although they've let-up a little now that we're all grown up.

I'd say my moms more strict than my dad. My dads more the softy... that and he's usually busy reading the paper when we need telling'off.

Our curfews are on a normal day, be home before 6, supper at 8 bed-times negotiable. We're rarely allowed out after dark, or after 9, unless its a really good reason and can't be helped.

My brother and me must always go do the grocery shopping, mom let me sis go. Thats another thing, m brother and i are allowed to go out etc aslong as the above rules arent broken aslong as we tell them where we're going and who we're going with. But my sis cant ... or simply never has done it.

My parents especially dont think its a good idea to be visiting people late at night 8'o'clock plus.

I try not break the rules but i'd be lying if i said i havnt put a toe across the line every once in a while.

Back in BLACK

i spent a week with my uncle and aunty-they're SO sweet

but they aint got their kids under manners

their 16year old son can walk out after school and return home late evry night

despite his parents strictly forbidding him to stay at home-he comes home late every night and then spends half the night telling me and my sis what he's been up to

bigging himself up :roll:

he goes school IF he feels like it

he aint scared of his parents at all

my other cousin can get away with screaming, ranting and raving at her parents...she's part of some weirdo Islamic group which makes her yell at dad and call him "ignorant" if he dont see eye to eye with her

kids shouldnt be spoilt

my dad has never hit us (except for the odd slap to my brother)

but he's always keep all his kids under manners

fear/respect of parents is importnat

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

fear/respect of parents is importnat

I agree with that, i cnt stand it when ppl disrespect their parents, i have girls call their mum a "silly cow" joke or no joke that is a disgustin remark..i could never ever disrespect my parents or say anythin disprespectful as a joke..islam teaches us not to disobey our parents and to respect them after all your parents do everythin for you..

when my mum lectures me-if I 'm really really really angry

the most I'd come out with is "Be Quiet" when dad shouts I just listen and say nothing

my sister just leaves the room

(but we dont bang doors or anything)

but normally after parents shout and upset us

its always them who after a few hours come up to us-saying sorry and try to get into our good books again :roll:

then u get dad saying to me "tell ur sister to start talking to her daddy" (she always takes a bit longer to forgive)

and I'm saying "why should she-u shouted at her" then she eventually starts talking again

its like a silly game we go thru each time :roll:

but I could NEVER give dad any lip-I'm scared of him too much

and I could NEVER give mum any lip-cos I love her too much

lil sis when i was your age and now and forever my parents never apologised for anything your parents seem really nice. mind you i was the one banging doors and telling them they were backward aliens so maybe i deserved a bit of aggro from them

parents to me at 14 to 21 were a nuisance they were there to feed and clothe me and to keep out of my way.

but now when i'm a lot older i do appreciate them and what they did for me and i ask Allah for forgiveness for all the hard times i gave them when i was a teenager

sorry i had to make that confession

LOL

I've never called my parents "backwards" cos they aint backwards

but I have said that "they should be grateful that we're not like the girls out there-so they should appreciate us-instead of doing our head in 24/7"

Assalamualykum
Hey up lillsis
dose bombs were mingin'
ma friends aunty died in dem
u know dat lady in da news?
Shahara Aktahr Islam
She was soooooo pretty!
And she was a Muslim, too
she sat behind dat stupid bomber
it's sooooo sad
for ever1 so many peeps died
and in Sharm El sheikh
Ma unkie lives ther
Miah xXx Sad :x :x Cray 2

Salaam

The oldest always has it a bit harder then the rest. Parents are just getting used to this parenting thing and like to experiment using “trial and error” on the oldest.
When I was younger I was told to come straight home after high school…I never stopped in the shops/got some chips or went to my mates house cos I knew that I’d get a lecture if I did….so I’d walk home really fast from school every day.

I was so worried about getting a detention and somehow managed to get through high school without getting a detention.

For some reason no such restrictions were placed on my brother and sister. They could even get 1hour detentions after school and no one would say anything.

In the same way, my report cards were always scrutinised, parents evening were never missed and my future career was always being discussed….in fact the most rebellious thing I ever did in school was purposely avoid taking the sciences at A Level knowing that no University would accept me for Medicine without science A levels…..I got into a LOT of trouble when dad found out.

Younger brothers/sisters ALWAYS have it easier compared to the eldest. Parents just become less strict over the years.

Wasalaam

I have cousins staying over from Manchester because their parents can’t “control them”. Their parents think that staying over at ours may sort them out a bit…

My 16 year old guy cousin is bored out of his head…the only rule dad has implemented is that he can’t hang out in the streets and that he can’t hang around with any “older guys”.

Our house doesn’t have any windows in which you can easily jump out of either….

It’s strange the way one can sometimes respect other people’s parents more then their own.

its so true muslim sister about the eldest being in the spotlight. as the eldest i always felt resposible for the actions of the younger ones and if my parents were the government then i was the police. looking back i do feel at the time i both enjoyed and hated the responsibility

if they did anything wrong i felt i'd done it and had to explain it to my parents - i dont think i had the right temperment for the task my sister who is next in line would have made a better leader

problem with the eldest is that waaay too much responsibilty is on them

mum taught my sis to make chapatti's when she was about 11-

yet I'm 18 and she still aint got round to teaching me yet

and check it out guys

THREE people voted for "Lil Sis-You're So Clever You Post Such Intresting Msgs-I Wish Everyone Was More Like You"

Dirol

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

THREE people voted for "Lil Sis-You're So Clever You Post Such Intresting Msgs-I Wish Everyone Was More Like You"

Dirol

Let me guess: you, MS, and a bribed Angel.

"irfan" wrote:

nah it werent my sister-she wouldnt vote for me

and I aint sad enough to vote for myself :roll:

it must then be three other secret fans of mine

Dirol

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

and check it out guys

i cant check out the poll coz i havent voted, and thats coz i CANT vote - none of those things are applicable :evil:

come on gal, make it a bit more comprehensive :roll: Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

seriously sis i've realised u do hav the most intresting topics going around so far but i havnt voted lol....
as 4 me my parents are strict....i hav to tell them where im going .get asked 1 million questions if i dont tell them and go.
they hav 2 know my hangouts or i cnt go out with them
my dads never said anything to us,cnt ever remember him shouting or hitting us children but we really scared of him coz we love him 2 much to get in his bad books.
mum doesnt even let my dresses be above my knees or doesnt let me cut my hair which i do secretly anyway.....
get into alot of tantrums with my mum and alwayz the 1 to end up crying coz i get emotional quick....then alwayz pray to allah to forgive me coz u not even allowed to say uff to your parents.
mums alwayz naging me to learn how to saw cook but it doesnt intrest me and i make dad take my side in my mums arguements.
as 4 my bro hes only 20 and mashallah a hafiz and alim has to check my phone all the time my txts and numbas incase im doing somat dodgy and calls himself 2nd dad..i hate it coz i cnt ring or txt my guy m8tes

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Dirol

Nah i didnt vote cuz none of them were applicable to me, but lilsis is clever and i wouldnt be bribed into sayin that...hmm afghani how come you so interested in tallin up the votes i wudnt at all be surprised if you registered under another 3 times to select that, you never admit you miss lilsis posts when she is away!

lilsis cheated... I know she cheated - nobody would be foolish enough to inflate her already dave-sized ego.

there are not four such people in the entire world

something is rotten in the revival forum

i'll get to the bottom of this

"angel" wrote:

Nah i didnt vote cuz none of them were applicable to me, but lilsis is clever and i wouldnt be bribed into sayin that...hmm afghani how come you so interested in tallin up the votes i wudnt at all be surprised if you registered under another 3 times to select that, you never admit you miss lilsis posts when she is away!

Miss her! Ha.

I look forward to the peace and quiet.