Satanic Verses

I'm slightly confused about the reason Ayatollah Khomeni issued his fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

From what I've heard the controversial issue of the Satanic Verses is that Rushdie slanders the Rasul (SAW)'s wives.

Don't the shi'ites do the same thing though?

Not read the book, and I never will.

Re the shia beliefs, I do not know.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

From what I know, the fatwa was about the insults directed towards the Holy Prophet and other Prophets from the past..

I asked my shia friends about this.

The fatwa was not about the insults to the wives of the Prophet. And you are right, shias do condemn two of the thirteen wives of the Prophet. They claim that these two deserve it.

Omrow

Apparently, one month after Iran issued that fatwa the OIC (I think) condemned it as unIslamic. So did the ulema of Saudi Arabia and Al-Azhar.

It's in the Karen Armstrong biography of the Prophet (saw).

Fazeelat of Hadrat Aisha Siddiqa:

1. She is the Female Truthful One, daughter of the Male Truthful One.
2. She is the Mother of Believers
3. She is the only virgin bride of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam.
4. Her superiority over other women is like the superiority of thareed over all other dishes.
5. Her innocence and purity were testified by ALLAH Almighty.
6. Because of her verse pertaining to tayyamum were revealed.
7. Revelation only descended in her house from among the wives.
8. She was the only Mother of Believers to have both her parents as Muhajir Companions radhiyallahu anhum ajmaeen.
9. She is the Mother of Hadrat Fatimah radhiyallahu anha
10. She if the maternal grandmother of Hadrat Hassan and Hussayn radhiyallahu anhuma.
11. She is the one who had the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam in her lap when He left this world.
12. She is the clothing of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Fazeelat of Hadrat Hafsa
1. She is the Oft Praying,Oft Fasting daughter of the One who differentiates between truth and falsehood.
2. She is the Mother of Believers
3. She is His Salallahu alayhi wa sallams wife in the Grden.
4. She left this world in the state of fasting
5. She is the niece of Hadrat Uthman ibn Maz'un radhiyallahu anhu.
6. She is the sister of Hadrat Ibn Umar radhiyallahu anhu.
7. She is the close friend of Hadrat Aisha radhiyallahu anha.
8. She is the Mother of Hadrat Fatimah radhiyallahu anha
9. She if the maternal grandmother of Hadrat Hassan and Hussayn radhiyallahu anhuma.
10. She is the clothing of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"salaf" wrote:
I'm slightly confused about the reason Ayatollah Khomeni issued his fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

From what I've heard the controversial issue of the Satanic Verses is that Rushdie slanders the Rasul (SAW)'s wives.

Don't the shi'ites do the same thing though?

I havent read it either

but I've heard that the main issue behind the book is the disresfectful and slanderous remarks made against our Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him)

he was in the papers this morning.....wants Blair to stop supporting faith schools....citing them as the reason to all the chaos in UK today :shock:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
he was in the papers this morning.....wants Blair to stop supporting faith schools....citing them as the reason to all the chaos in UK today :shock:

I'd agree with that to an extent, religion does create divisions within society. Schools should remain secular in my view!

Jack.... Dante....

hmmm

You were on the old forum but I never interacted with you much.

I know virtually nothing about you actually - a little strange since I spend so much bloody time here.

So hows Jack these days?

the kids come outta faith schools more brainier and cleverer. other schools are wack...and i went 2 em!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dave" wrote:
Jack.... Dante....

hmmm

You were on the old forum but I never interacted with you much.

I know virtually nothing about you actually - a little strange since I spend so much bloody time here.

So hows Jack these days?

I'm fine thankyou, I like to pop in and chip in my two-pence worth every now and then when I see an interesting thread!

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
the kids come outta faith schools more brainier and cleverer. other schools are wack...and i went 2 em!!

Hey Hayder... now your talking my language... this is wack, that is wack... im gonna wack that idiot over there :!:

I personally dont think theres anything wrong with religious schools especially since we've only got a few good ones and all the best ones are abroad in places like Egypt etc... Would the British Government prefer if youngsters went from here to Egypt or Pakistan for "religious study" where they could be subjected to god knows what kind of brain washing or would they rather have them study it where it can atleast be inspected as to what they are teaching.

Back in BLACK

ur signature is wack Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
ur signature is wack Blum 3

You didn't really just say "wack" did you?

ermmm...yeah

y?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
ermmm...yeah

y?

That's arcane

meaning,...

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dave" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:
ermmm...yeah

y?

That's arcane

Arcane: hidden, mysterious, obscure or secret; esoteric

Which is it Dave? Dont make me call Mr Teeny (Krusty the Clowns monkey)

Back in BLACK