Sales!

Three women collapse during sales

Three women collapsed and another injured her hand during the sales at branches of the fashion store Next.
Two of the women were taken to hospital suffering from suspected hypothermia after waiting for the store to open at Birmingham's Bullring.

A shop assistant had breathing problems at a store in Wednesbury, West Midlands, and a woman hurt her hand at Next in Fort Dunlop, Birmingham.

The stores, offering up to 50% discounts, opened as early as 0500 GMT.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "Our staff were somewhat surprised to get so many calls to different branches of the same clothing company.

"If you are planning to attend and queue in the future, please ensure you wear suitable clothing to keep warm.

"Either have something to eat and drink before going or take it with you so that you don't become dehydrated or hungry."

The first call was to a 31-year-old woman who passed out at about 0425 GMT outside the Bullring's store. She was taken to City Hospital and missed the opening.

Another woman fainted at the store at about 0730 GMT and went to the same hospital. A hospital spokesman said two shoppers had suspected hypothermia.

The shop assistant in her 20s was taken ill a few minutes earlier at the branch in Wednesbury near the M6. She was taken to Walsall Manor Hospital.

A woman in her 20s suffered a hand injury at the Fort Shopping Centre in Birmingham and was treated at the scene.

No-one from Next was available for comment.

These mad brummies...

I love a bargain as much as the next gal. However, if I REALLY like something, I'll buy it. I dont care if its £5 or £50...

I've only left the house for essentials but have been put off or stuck in the crowds. My baby sister got her nose whacked by the mad shoppers.

I dont get why people are so into sales anyway. Clothes are always off the rack. They always put old stuff out.

I'm dreading the New year sales...

Did anyone manage to pick up a bargain...?

its been a week since i last left the house, ( :shock: ), anyway, going to medows tomorrow, need some boots. i personally think the sales are crap, only the tacky stuff usually goes down. my sis went into new look, she had previously bought some shoes from there for 20 quid or something, went back a couple of days ago and it said the shoes have been reduced from 30 quid to 25/20! whatever!

i aint gona do no bargain hunting, you end up wasting more money than what you normal spend and you end up buying stuff that you don't need.

went to the next sale 10am my friends went 5am - thought they were joking. there was only rubbish got a good top for £15.00 down from £32 dont call that a bargain - i call anything under fiver a bargain there werent any bargains - not yet i live in hope - i love shopping

I went out on boxing day and then on fri but didnt buy anything (im sooo proud of myself). My lil sister called me boring and my dad nearly had a car accident when he heard i came home empty handed :?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Wow, a topic about shopping and only girls have posted so far... What a surprise.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Wow, a topic about shopping and only girls have posted so far... What a surprise.

so your calling yourself a girl?

"Naz" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:

so your calling yourself a girl?

But I didn't post to comment on shopping, so I am exempt.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Next sale wasn't even all that. Actually, the sales in general weren't all that

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

actually i think next sale were really good , better than last summer sales... spent £200 on just my son and managed to find some nice bags for myself...but not mad enough to wake at 5.00 in morning.

next do the best clothes for kids, imo so nice to grab a bargain.

"naj" wrote:

next do the best clothes for kids, imo so nice to grab a bargain.

very true. Alot of asian mums go there for their kids.

I know it may be a bit feminine but I love sales. It just funny watchin people run around, buying things that they will prolly never wear.

I go to the shops, look around, see quiet a few bargains, but im never convinced to actually buy nefin. Seems astho the sale stock is always last years leftovers.

My aunties always take me with em, I have a marvelous fashion sense, although I dress very, umm, plain. I am of two uses durin sales time, I can make you laugh, and carry ya bags. So ladies, next tym therez a sale, n u need a tagalong bag carrying joker fellow, gimme a shout, N ill pen u in

Dirol Lol

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"Alisha" wrote:
Next sale wasn't even all that. Actually, the sales in general weren't all that

Why am I not surprised*?! Lol.

I bet most of the stuff they shift they make a killing on anyway. They prob bought sumthing for a tenner, had it for £50, then sale price £20/30. But hey thats business, they gotta make a living.

*Not specifically referring to Next, Im talkin about sales in general.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"iRazor" wrote:
So ladies, next tym therez a sale, n u need a tagalong bag carrying joker fellow, gimme a shout, N ill pen u in

Dirol Lol

Astagfirullah

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Sales doesnt have to necessarily be shopping for clothes. Places like game, argos, currys, comet have sales as well so all you guys that dont like shopping for clothes can head to these places and pick yourself a bargain. My dad brought a 50 inch plasma tv for £900 from argos (originally £1300). Crazy man.