'Muhammad' teddy teacher arrested

Salam

[b]THIS IS THE LATEST NEWS COVERAGE WHICH HAS THE EYES OF THE WORLD ON ISLAM AGAIN.[/b]

A British schoolteacher has been arrested in Sudan accused of insulting Islam's Prophet, after she allowed her pupils to name a teddy bear Muhammad.

HAVE YOUR SAY

wasalaam

Would this not be better in the offbeat news topic?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
Would this not be better in the offbeat news topic?

no.

I think this proves how despite the cartoon episode not much has changed. I don't think it's just a case of Muslims not having done enough to educate non-Muslims but also how non-Muslims just seem to have had enough of all things Islam, so just aren't interested, unfortunately. I know people who knew nothing about Muhammad (pbuh) before the carton fiasco and still don't.

I expected someone to bring this up at work today and was extremely glad no-one did.

I really hope something is done to make sure she is released and not punished. I do believe it was just naivety. On her part.

It is a non-story that was seen for a day and then dropped into obscurity. No one is trying to use this to push any agenda yet.

Are we trying to somehow see this as a bandwagon or something to say that Muslims are under attack? (and conveniently forget that it was Muslims who did the arresting...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
It is a non-story that was seen for a day and then dropped into obscurity. No one is trying to use this to push any agenda yet.

Are we trying to somehow see this as a bandwagon or something to say that Muslims are under attack? (and conveniently forget that it was Muslims who did the arresting...)

this has been in the news all week, including today!!!! so it hasnt been dropped in to obscurity.

islam is being demonised cos of this

islamic penal system is put on trial again

un fit muslim rulers are put on the spot again
(its taliban all over again)

and its media going out of its way to muslim bash...

but i dont blame the media...its muslims who dont apply islamic rulings properly and make the rest of us a laughing stock...

What the hell is an "Islamist"?

Ive often read articles where they use the term "Islamist"??
What the hell is that all about? Makes it sound like that theres this person whose an expert in Islam (Tony Blair probably) so they'r called Islamists.... or maybe its an occupation. Someone gets paid for being all Islamic.

I wish the BBC would wake up and use propper terminology.

morons.

Back in BLACK

Can't do nothing about it, so no point getting worked up.

"Seraphim" wrote:

morons.

Why dont you go and learn how to spell!! Lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Funzo" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

morons.

Why dont you go and learn how to spell!! Lol

Its an online board... not an address with her majesty the queen.

:roll:

muppet

Back in BLACK

But you asked them for proper terminology yet you cant be botherd to spell properly, i dont see where it balances out?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

for once, Funzo does have a very valid point.

Thank you! and seraph before you reply im sick of arguing to day so please just leave it here, thank you.

"You" wrote:
[b]for once, [/b]Funzo does have a very valid point.

I think the real reply should be, for once funzo has made a valid point in the right way and isnt annoying in any way shape or form.

Lol

"Funzo" wrote:
But you asked them for proper terminology yet you cant be botherd to spell properly, i dont see where it balances out?

The part where they are the BBC and this is an online forum.

The BBC are expected to have standards.... whereas here Im supposed to listen to your ideas, mock them and then embrace my own.

Back in BLACK

So on this forum where supposed to have a certain level of hypocrisy?
Demand a certain level, yet do not obey them ourselves im sorry my friend but thats not what being muslim is about.

"Funzo" wrote:
So on this forum where supposed have a certain level of hypocrisy?

Lol

/a genuine popcorn moment.

How do you spell pwned?

.?

"Funzo" wrote:
.?

that was a post in your favour. Don't question, just savour it.

Oh i thought i said something wrong lol

I thought the kids named the bear Muhammed and not the teacher?

I feel sorry for the woman.

All this drama is unneccessary - but at the same time, I wonder if a fuss would be kicked up up by my head (who's a strict christian) if I named a toy donkey Jesus?

Even as a non Christian, I can see that it wouldnt be right.

AS A MUSLIM YOU SHOULD SEE THATS NOT RIGHT!!

"Funzo" wrote:
So on this forum where supposed to have a certain level of hypocrisy?
Demand a certain level, yet do not obey them ourselves im sorry my friend but thats not what being muslim is about.

We are oft to blame in this,
Tis too much proved, that with devotion's visage
And pious action we do sugar o'er
The devil himself.

Notice how I used the phrase 'whereas here Im supposed to' ... as in me... the singular. And the singular I is but the form following the function of Me, Myself and I.

And how I choose to behave is in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. To say hypocrisy is to imply a virtuous character, where as I am not.

The term you are looking for is arrogance. And arrogance has to be earned. Tell me what you've done to earn yours.

Back in BLACK

Its funny how much pride you have, you have to win dont you? Notice instead of putting arrogance i put pride.
Definition of arrogance- A show of excessive pride by a person
hypocrisy- condeming someone for which the person in him/herself is guilty of.
Now look up you where being a hypocrit, but now your being arrogant by trying to satisfy your huge ego by using words which you believe to confuse me. Now i took the smart option, by sticking to plain english doing this i am more appealing to the people reading this helping me win this argument. You have much to learn.

i liek the way fanzo edited his earlier post where he said he didn't wanna argue Blum 3

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I like the way you didnt realise i didnt edit it.

I understand, perhaps such complex phrases are wasted on you. Since you're new to english. But if you insist on satisfying your own ego in constantly challenging me you may want to try raising the bar alittle... atleast so you can see above it.

Hypocrisy is a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude. I on the other hand neither care nor require public approval to win anything.
Arrogance is an offensive display of pride in one-selves superiority or self-importance. Since YOU wanted everything to be up to BBC standard Im obliged to conform.

And since i dont have time to prance around with you. I shall say be warned, beware, by closing your eyes you'll see what isn't there, Open your eyes, lies may be truth and truth may be lies.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

Hypocrisy is a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude. I on the other hand neither care nor require public approval to win anything.

THAT ISNT WHAT HYPOCRISY IS!!!!
"Seraphim" wrote:

Arrogance is an offensive display of pride in one-selves superiority or self-importance. Since YOU wanted everything to be up to BBC standard Im obliged to conform.

Arragonce doesnt have to be offensive it can merely be agressive or excessive.
As for your long words being wasted, yes they were, im tired and maybe tomorrow i will reply to those words you cyber uttered.

Pages