Dajjal: The Antichrist

Salaam

Time for a new topic (probably much discused earlier).

There is a notion of an antichrist in both Christianity, and Islam.

There is supposed a minor dajjal for every age, with the major one (referref ro the Maseeh Dajjal) arriving near the end of time.

There are some weak hadith (if you do not know how hadith were collected, then ignore the word 'weak') that even refer to it having one eye. This may mean a singular vision, or that it may be someone like Abu Hamza.

He is referred as Maseeh Dajjal. The only Prophet I know that was referred to was 'Isa ibn Maryam(as) (Jesus).

So he will pretend to be a messiah, and many will believe in him.

I have heard what he shows as heaven will in reality be hell. What he shows as hell will in reality be heaven.

What else do you know about this subject? do you have any link that list the hadith relating to this subject?

Dave: what is in the christian mythology about the antichrist?

So when will gog magog arrive, b4 or after dajjal?

Dajjal is the one-eyed monster or equivlent and will be defeated by Imam Mahdi, i heard the time b4 Imam Mahdi arrives will be the worse and the time Imam Mahdi rules 7 yrs or more/less varies according to diff. hadiths, it will be the most peaceful time but b4 that will be the most testin time for the ummah.

dunno. Google is our friend. (after the company motto is 'do no evil'. Or is that a cover story?)

If I find any good links to collections of Hadith regarding this issue, I will post.

From what I understand there are details that have been given, but there are some gaps which some story tellers may have filled in.

ALso reading the hadith will help in ascertaining if any authors of books regarding these issues took a particular angle of understanding.

(remember; it does not matter how long away it is. We still have to be good muslims, and the end time will arrive almost as soon as we die. Even if we die before the time of dajjal etc.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

(remember; it does not matter how long away it is. We still have to be good muslims, and the end time will arrive almost as soon as we die. Even if we die before the time of dajjal etc.)

That was to tell how bad that time is gona be and to show how corrupt that monster is gona be and how he is gona lead the ummah to destruction. Obviously in order to fight against dajjal our iman has 2 be strong otherwise we are gonners.

"kuri/19" wrote:

so the trumpets gna be blown after all this fitnah?

The trumpet is gona be blown to mark the end of this world after all the fitnah is done with ie coming of dajjal/gog magog etc and also when Imam Mahdi comes and Hazrath Isa (AS) all this has to occur and then will be the end of the world, ashes to ashes dust to dust..

The trumpet IS the end of time.

All these events are before then.

How far before? we do not know.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

intresting.....the dajaal how long is he going to rule 4 and after how long him reigning will hadrat isa appear

"Admin" wrote:
Dave: what is in the christian mythology about the antichrist?

lol, Admin - We really do not like words like "mythology" to describe any aspect of our religion.

The end of the world is a hot topic - it often seems as though there are few points of agreement between any of the christian sects. It all stems from the book of Revelations which was either a very large metaphor directed at Christians who were being persecuted - or it is a full description of the end of the world. The book itself invokes a lot of imagery that comes from the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. The basic string of events is that Christ will return - not as the lamb of God, but as the judge. Prior to the time of his coming the antichrist will come claiming to be a prophet, judge, ruler - something to that extent.

We are told by the apostle John that there will be many antichrists "Antichrist cometh, even now there are become many Antichrists" (1 John 2:18) and the true followers of God will be very few and highly persecuted. However there is a distinction between the many and this particular antichrist who plays such a prominent role in judgement day. He is described as the one who will come in the last hour, and he will deny the divinity of Christ, his kinship to the Father, and the oneness of God:

"Who is a liar, but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is Antichrist, who denies the Father, and the Son" (1 John 2:22)

"Every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already." (1 John 4:3)

"Many deceivers have gone out into the world; they do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist." (2 John 1:7)

A lot of people believe that the antichrist will be the son of Satan - a hideous mockery of the Trinity. I don't necessarily believe that analysis because it is based entirely on two things 1. That there must be some universal balance in the world for the sake of balance alone, and 2. The Trinity is correct - We know for a fact Jesus the Holy Spirit and God the Father are seperate entities, however are all part of God - and we know for a fact that these entities are aware of each other and are aware of their oneness, but the trinity is an entirely human concept - nowhere in the bible does it actually speak of a God-head or divine material. I suspect there is a reason for this (that we are not meant to know) however there have been centuries of heated debate going back to the council of Nicaea (where the trinity was embraced) between various idea including arianism trinitarianism modalism and reflection that seek to explain this.

Consequently if the trinitarian doctrine is incorrect, and we are correct there must be balance, it is entirely possible that the antichrist is not the son of Satan and therefor a part of Satan but could be a reflection, a modal state, or a subordinate part.

So it's really up in the air as to the nature of this antichrist.

Anyway, this Antichrist as the book of Revelation (also written by John) suggests, will rise to become very powerful and many will follow him. Lots of bad stuff will happen - and then Jesus, the judge will come, he will judge the living and the dead at that time and all those who do not repent and stay with the antichrist will be cast into hell with the antichrist (and satan if they are two seperate beings).

So that's the antichrist in a nutshell - just an all out nasty guy.

sorry about the unintended insult.

It seems the Islamic version of events are similar.

Apart from him being the son of satan. Obviously we do not accept Jesus as the son of God.

Isa will come as a man not a prophet. there will be man dajjals. one for each time as they say, with the final one being the big fish.

Surprising how much similarity there is.

Ok i will try to explain what i do know about this subject and hope that someone will add or correct anything to my post if i am wrong as this is something we should all be prepared for.

the dajjal is going to try and tempt people and as u say appear to some as some sort of saviour/prophet etc.

The believers will be protected and can spot the dajjal as he will have blindness in one eye, be hairy and the believers will see the word kafira written on his head (wheter they are literate or not). He will then lay claim to Divinity, he will perform unusual feats.

He will emerge between Shaam and Iraq, and his emergence will become known when he is in Isfahaan at a place called Yahudea, The Yahudis of Isfahaan will be the main followers

Ok i have found an interesting site that should be visited which describes in more detail what i would have explained.

A clever mind can entertain a thought without accepting it

Apparently Christians believe that the Antichrist will come from between the Euphrates and the Tigris rivers.

Could this explain the Bush administration's reasons for invading Iraq? Wink

"irfghan" wrote:
Apparently Christians believe that the Antichrist will come from between the Euphrates and the Tigris rivers.

Wat on religous grounds?

I dont think so.

Back in BLACK

"irfghan" wrote:

I've never heard this... There are a lot of references in the book of Revelation to a new Rome and a new Babylon (which is 70km south of Baghdad) I don't know it if explicitly states that is where the antichrist will actually come from..

"Admin" wrote:
sorry about the unintended insult.

It seems the Islamic version of events are similar.

Apart from him being the son of satan. Obviously we do not accept Jesus as the son of God.

Isa will come as a man not a prophet. there will be man dajjals. one for each time as they say, with the final one being the big fish.

Surprising how much similarity there is.

lol no problem.

The son of Satan isn't accepted by all Christian sects - I certainly don't see any evidence for that, it rests almost entirely on the human penchant for symmetry.

Not terribly surprising that there are so many similarities, I get the impression Muhammad had an understanding of Christianity and Judaism both before and during his ministry. He was afterall a merchant and would have come in contact with both religions quite frequently. Also I gather he considered himself a reformer of Christianity, and not the founder of a new, seperate, religion.

"Dave" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

I've never heard this... There are a lot of references in the book of Revelation to a new Rome and a new Babylon (which is 70km south of Baghdad) I don't know it if explicitly states that is where the antichrist will actually come from..

BBC Newsnight featured this as a possible reason for the Iraq War in a report about the US's 'shady and murky' connections and motivations. Probably just pandering to conspiracy theorists.

"irfghan" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

BBC Newsnight featured this as a possible reason for the Iraq War in a report about the US's 'shady and murky' connections and motivations. Probably just pandering to conspiracy theorists.

lol wow...

Sounds like the BBC is getting a little creative with their reporting.

They wouldn't happened to be owned by Rupert Murdoch would they?

i apparently read in a book dajaal antichrist will emerge from syria dnt know where that is though...allah knows best

"kuri/19" wrote:
i apparently read in a book dajaal antichrist will emerge from syria dnt know where that is though...allah knows best

Imam Mahdi will come from Syria, or at least will be chosen/identified in Damascus, Syria. Apparently.

"kuri/19" wrote:

It's north of Israel and Jordan and borders Iraq.

The assyrian empire was far larger though and was always pestering the israelites - so it's kinda hard to say where in the old assyrian empire that could be.

Yo ‘dijjal’ is the Arabic word for liar…

Not all Muslims believe in this one-eyed man dude/monster/creature/freak or whatever fairy tale he comes from…

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

y was the last line of that post deleted :?:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…