Wish List

Salaam,

Since xmas is approaching soon - the xmas lights in London have already been switched on, kids are writing to Santa, xmas gift ideas are being shown on TV...and people are already playing 'secret santa' at work.

I think it'd be a good idea to list all the things that we want...not neccessarily for xmas, but just generally.

It can be material things.
Spiritual things.
Religious things
Social things.
Emotional things.
Academic things.
...Or even things for others.

etc etc

Wasalaam

where do i start?

it's allhamdulilah for now.

If i make it through this year and im still standing.

I'll be grateful.

Back in BLACK

i could do with a new laptop this one is on its last legs. Spilt some drink on the buttons yesterday suprise it didnt konk out. But some of the buttons have gone a bit stif though Sad might wait till after xmas though coz prices are goin up.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

have you tried cleaning the keyboard? (gGt a lemon wipe, insert an edge between the keys.) Can you pull the keys out? (do it carefully - you don;t wanna break any of them)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Maybe because you walked with your head up?

Women native from pakistan tend to hunch their backs ever so slightly... some from here do that too.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

cmon admin, at least post in the right thread.

no its defo not possible to pull out the keys. I used some of them sticks wiv cotton on the ends coz the drink had seeped through the lil gaps in between. Will give it a proper clean tomoz n see how i go.

why cnt u pull out the keys? i pulled mine out but had bare problems getting it back in.

"Noor" wrote:
cmon admin, at least post in the right thread.

Where's the fun in that?

I can see some lit hole things where you can normally slip in and underneth to bring up the keyboard. But they are too small. Probs will only be able to get a needle in and that aint gonna be strong enough. Il jus give it a good clean.

"You" wrote:
Maybe because you walked with your head up?

Women native from pakistan tend to hunch their backs ever so slightly... some from here do that too.

they do? :?

nope i kept my head down all the time to avoid the hassle.

I want to get some solid career direction.

And a laptop...

1) A part time job
2) Laptop
3) PC in my room
4) PSP
5) pass my driving tests

Rocky

i see 2 common features of people's lists: laptops and cars. hhmph. in my day we were happy with pocket calculaters and a skateboard!

i realised i have enough material things - probably too many.

I would LOVE more energy though. Enough to wake up for tahajjud and then do all my studying before dawn. Enough to stay bright and alert throughout my 4-hour classes at the end of a long day at work. Enough to do all my housework early on a sunday morning so i can attend my jamat on time. Enough to let me see all my friends aswell as all my family. Enough to cook properly. Enough to read. Enough to go to the gym. Enough to cycle to and from work again.

More energy...or more time.

Infact, if there WAS one material object that i would like to have, it would be Bernard's Watch (if it was for real).
Then I could stop time while I slept for as long as I wanted, or studied my books.

Time is the most precious thing we can ever possibly have (other than belief in Allah (swt)).

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:

More energy...or more time.

Energy is a blessing...I too reg ask for that and wish I had more of it.

I've found that reading Fajr, eating Fruit/Salad daily, eating well (esp carbs) - being in bed by 11pm and sometimes eating vitamins makes a difference.

I try to do that above on a daily basis.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Spiritual things.
Religious things.

thats one my number 1 + 2. if a person has them, they have everything.

"rocky" wrote:

5) pass my driving tests

trust me driving isnt all that. I use to be like that oh cant wait till i pass and go around driving my own car, no more waiting for those buses that never turn up, no more putting up with ppl who smoke on the buses. While a car does have its advantages when it breaks dont it is a pain. They are more hassle then they are worth.

"Naz" wrote:
While a car does have its advantages when it breaks dont it is a pain. They are more hassle then they are worth.

My car has NEVER broken down, there were some minor problems but it was driveable.

I've seen more broken down buses than cars.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
While a car does have its advantages when it breaks dont it is a pain. They are more hassle then they are worth.

My car has NEVER broken down, there were some minor problems but it was driveable.

My car has never broken down either - and its a second hand banger.

I LOVE having a car cos to me a car means - no more messing around with public transport, no more waiting/running for the bus in the rain, I can spend the day in different parts of London - get all my things done and still get home early...AND no more lugging heavy shopping bags/books or files.

I can attend events late at night and not be worried about catching buses in the dark - I dont have to rely or depend on others for lifts.

AND I get to take my mum out weekly. Biggrin

"MuslimSister" wrote:

When I passed my driving test I used to take the car out nearly every day, and I used to even go and ask my mum if she wanted to go anywhere :shock:

Now she's the one who has to ask me, and I'm like "Mum, do I have to?".

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

When I passed my driving test I used to take the car out nearly every day, and I used to even go and ask my mum if she wanted to go anywhere :shock:

I also promised to take my mum wherever she wants/whenever she wants...now I tell her to always wait for the weekend. However, I do go out of my way to keep some part of my weekend free for her.

"You" wrote:
have you tried cleaning the keyboard? (gGt a lemon wipe, insert an edge between the keys.) Can you pull the keys out? (do it carefully - you don;t wanna break any of them)

What can I used to clean my screen apart from a dry cloth? Why do people feel they have a need to touch the screen when they can quietly point at it , i'll never know :x

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

those cloth wipes you get with a pair of glasses. If you use a different cloth,. make sure it is soft.

Or get a duster.

Do NOT use a vacuum cleaner. :oops:

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I also promised to take my mum wherever she wants/whenever she wants...now I tell her to always wait for the weekend. However, I do go out of my way to keep some part of my weekend free for her.

hey! you posted that at 11.19

you're supposed to be in bed by 11 o'clock, rememeber!!!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

hey! you posted that at 11.19

you're supposed to be in bed by 11 o'clock, rememeber!!!

Not on a Friday night...come on!

[list]-Job
-Happiness
-Success (esp. in Akhira)
-Zawji
-Quran mp3
-Do some courses
-Happiness
-A womens only gym to open up in my area, and be within a 5 minute walk from my house Sad
-Real friends, not fake friends who turn up 3 hours late when you've travelled half the city on public transport so you can help them, while they arrive 3 hours late whilst only living 5 minute drive away
-Beautiful House
-Happiness [/list:u]

Wacko

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

You said happyness three times. Thus nullifying it.

Biggrin

Back in BLACK

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

mechanically mine has been fine. But the simple things like running out of petrol or getting a flat tyre can be a pain. I hate drivin coz it means getting lumbered with all the driving.....
go an pick your brother up from school, go and pick your sister from work, drop me off to town, get the shopping in, go to the docs and pick up so n sos prescription, go to the pharmacy n pick so an sos medicine and it goes on. I find that picking up after 7 ppl leaves me with no or very lil time to get anything i need doing.

"Bliss" wrote:
What can I used to clean my screen apart from a dry cloth? Why do people feel they have a need to touch the screen when they can quietly point at it , i'll never know Mad

if you have smudge/sticky marks try a makeup remover wipe. Tried and tested by moi Biggrin

- a never ending spiritual high
- knowledge
- patience
and WORLD PEACE Biggrin

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopz" wrote:
- a never ending spiritual high
- knowledge
- patience
and WORLD PEACE Biggrin

Go on snoop Wink

My wish list would be
- To become an fluent Arabic speaker Biggrin
-an Al-Hidayah camp at the end of every month.
-have more time with my Shaykh (may Allah swt bless him)
- a trip to madinah Biggrin
-pass my driving somtime next year.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Pages