halal meat @ asda!!!

i served a customer halal lamb mince 2day @ wrk. . . .

is it halal....it sed halal n da packaging but is it rly.... i bet they use da same machinery/machinary (duno hw 2 spel it) to mince the meat...

it is halaal but its not very clean da way they prepare it the places are very dirty i wouldnt recomend gettin meat from there

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

da asda dat i wrk @ is clean .....

i wudnt buy the meat 4rm there tho any way!!!

dnt trust it!! evn tho it says it halal.

ღ°•.♥.•°☆ §מּמּ∂ΐמּ ☆°•.♥.•°ღ

the thing is undercover work shows they are very dirty imo u dnt really get to see behind the scenes but i dnt kno whether or not ur 1 is clean it cud be

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

*slightly off topic*

Tahira brand food in freezer section is gr8 Wink

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

they do a very nice halal frozen section at the walmart in Beswick, Manchester. I remember readin the packect an i think some pakiz make and supply them, dont quote me on it though

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Metro" wrote:
[size=14]A supermarket chain has come under fire for its decision to sell halal meat from animals that have not been stunned before slaughter. Asda admitted it was controversial but said it was being piloted in just one store - Small Heath in Birmingham - in response to demand. The RSPCA and Vegetarians International Voice for Animals (Viva) have condemned the move. '[b]Most Muslims are happy to eat stunned halal meat. The bolt pistol is without doubt the lesser of two horrible evils[/b],' Viva told the Grocer.[/size]

I don't think they're in a position to comment. Stunned meat is haram so I don't know where they got their info from. Some 'halal' meat nowadays are actually not halal, they have been stunned, so people make sure you know where your meat comes from.

i'll never have meat from supermarkets, just don't trust them.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I don't think they're in a position to comment. Stunned meat is haram so I don't know where they got their info from. Some 'halal' meat nowadays are actually not halal, they have been stunned, so people make sure you know where your meat comes from.

leave the fatwa's to the scholars. This is a grey area. Most animals in the UK ARE stunned. Not to death, but they are stunned into incapacitation before slaughter.

Some (a few?) say this is allowed. Others say it is not.

If you say it is not, then you cannot eat any meat that is slaughtered in the UK, as it would be against the regulations and the abatoir would get shut down.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:

If you say it is not, then you cannot eat any meat that is slaughtered in the UK, as it would be against the regulations and the abatoir would get shut down.

this is not the reason most meat is stunned first. It is permissable in UK law to slughter without stunning.

The reason abatoirs stun is because it is the only cost effective mthod and they would probably go out of business if they didn't stun.

This, like many things that Muslims sometimes see as a 'campaign against Islam', is actually just people being greedy for money and nothing more than that.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

If your all so worried about whether your meat is halal or haram there is a simple solution......become vegetarians Biggrin

There are more health problems associated with meat.

I doubt three daily courses of chips is healthy...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

how about dahl 3 times a day Lol

"Naz" wrote:
how about dahl 3 times a day Lol

Got to say Pakistan dahal is very nice! Hate it here, but nearly ate it every day their.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

bliss ukth, u read my mind. that was one of the very few things i liked about pakistan, its dahl, by far the best i've ever eaten.

lol ditto.

I was under the impression that an animal is electrocuted to death. But the general consensus is that the animals suffering should be minimised, but doesn't stunning hurt?

Imagine life without any meat. No chicken, hot wings, beef/chicken burger, doner kebab, ect. I live on takeaways, so even if there's food at home I'll still go outside and eat.

When I went back home, whenever I visited the town centre I used to go and eat chapati and dahl (although there was one time where I felt sick after eating; I suspect hygiene problems.)

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Imagine life without any meat.

i'd love it Biggrin

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I was under the impression that an animal is electrocuted to death.

No, it ios "stunned". ie its heart is still pumping. Or is supposed to be.