Scholars of the past

If you could go back in time and study with any scholar, who would it be and why?

hw do i delete

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Mawlana Rumi - so that I can fall in love with God, over and over again.

And Imam Abu Hanifah so that the legalities of every aspect of Islam are covered in depth.

Salaam all

Mawlana Rumi - so that the legalities of every aspect of Islam are covered in depth.

And Imam Abu Hanifah so that I can fall in love with God, over and over again.

And Sayyidina Ghawth al A'zham because He RA is more than 'the Rose of Baghdad'.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

last year i went to a talk about the life of Imam Shafi'i and...mashAllah, he was pretty amazing...

has to be al-ghazzali tho

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I think it has to be like Dawud , the leader of all saints - Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani (ra), hes amazing to say the least! I would love to meet him.

Who else? - i'll add more later

can we please be careful with wording like "leader of all [INSERTSOMETHING]". What about saints before him? (same goes for other comparations. Why do we have to say one is superior to the other?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

aint u heard the story about the snake?

what snake?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

the snake which spoke to huzoor seyiddina ghawt al azam (ra)? and said, i've met many friends of Allah (swt) but non like you... ?

wait, leme get my book.

does not make him the greatest ever.

i've got the wrong book... hmm

Bump.

I would say who I would study with but I don't know enough about anyone Sad

Studying with Imam Abu Hanifa (ra) to learn fiqh sounds like a brilliant idea though!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi