RADIO RAMADAN

146 posts / 0 new
Last post

First my computer crashed before 11...and then the sound wasnt even working.

For next week, let us know well in advance the guests/topic of discussion.

Lol That is so funny about it being your uncle Ed. Probably be good to brief all guests beforehand so they know the purpose of the show and also the structure planned so it flows better. I didn't think it was that bad though, I thought the show was interesting. The volume did go really down, but I just turned it up really high and I could hear it fine.

Totally agree with Ed about constructive feedback. What issues should be discussed? All those issues are still relevant to youth and society today. For some new ones what about the status of women in Islam compared to the treatment of women in our culture/community, the relationship between parents and children as a lot of youth don't feel their parents can relate to them or understand them, domestic violence, the norm of having a girlfriend/boyfriend amongst the youth today, forced marriages.

I haven't tuned in... yet, but by the look of things it sounds disorganised.

No it wasn't disorganised at all. With a live show it's impossible to plan or control everything anyway. So far the only thing that I would say wasn't great was the sound quality, which has nothing to do with the show itself.

never tuned in before but did the other night when the talk of mosques and molvi i think was on. Must say it was pretty borin (sorry), gave up after 10 min. There was no structure and it seemed a bit all over the place. It must be really hard for things to run smoothly when your doing it live but perhaps a rehearsal before might have helped. He also kind of trailed off when saying Ed's surname coz he forgot! if your gonna have guests on your show the least you can do is remember the name.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Sis, he was messing about with the name! The presenter is part of The Revival, so I'm sure he knows Ed's name! The first 10 minutes was mainly just the intro, about the show, topic, guests and sponsors, so that did have structure.

so Imaani, you gona be one of the guests on this weeks show?

tonights show is on Muslim unity

no guests

just zahid maqbool and me... no time to book guests...too busy wid revival distribution
pls phone in ppl. text in

the proper shows will be tomorrow and satuday:
Friday:
Misconceptions about Islam
special guest:
Shaykh Ibrahim Osi-Efa

Shaykh Ibrahim was born and raised in Liverpool, England. He was blessed with the opportunity to study several classical disciplines at the hands of some of the holders of the tradition such as Murabit al-Haj, al-Habib Umar b. Hafiz and Shaikh Hassan al-Hindi. Initially studying for three years in Syria and Mauritania, Ibrahim was then blessed with the opportunity to spend over six years in the illuminated city of Tarim, Hadramaut where he studied under the qualified hands of teachers such as al-Habib Kazim al-Saqqaf, al-Habib ‘Ali al-Jifri and al-Shaikh ‘Umar Husain al-Khatib. He was one of the founders of several Islamic initiatives including the Ibn Abbas Institute, Starlatch Press, Badr Language Institute and the Greensville Trust. He currently resides in Liverpool, England with his wife and two children.

and saturday we will Q & A with our very own Shaykh Salim Ghisa

is the radio working? i give it 5 more minutes and then i'm of to bed.

first time i tuned it
gd stuff mashallah Smile

wats the number to tx in?

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

shaykh ibrahim is ace, maasha'Allah he is really, really good.

noor tx me the numb

i dnt no the text in number, i sent a text but it hasn't been read out so i must have got the wrong number.

ps: check your pm.

wat time does the show normally start n finish?

ok jazakAllaheir

whens the marriage topic going to be on? gna mke sure my rents tune in Lol

wa iyyaki ukhtee!

lol. well mamz what do you have to say to that ^? (i bet he's is snooping!)

I absolutely LOVED today’s show. by far it was the best show you’ve ever had maasha’Allah, spot on. the two sheikhs are amazing, love em, maasha’Allah taabarak’Allah and they’re hi-larious! Lol answered the misconceptions really, really well, cleared everything up.

ed, u shud get the sheikhs to write something for the magazine and defo invite them back! also, do you have any links of their work or something.

and I echo the words of bro zahid, sheikh jamal and sheikh ibrahim are fantastic speakers, not many of them around today, maasha’Allah.

in a nutshell, you smashed it. weldun Biggrin

"Noor" wrote:
I absolutely LOVED today’s show. by far it was the best show you’ve ever had maasha’Allah, spot on. the two sheikhs are amazing, love em, maasha’Allah taabarak’Allah and they’re hi-larious! Lol answered the misconceptions really, really well, cleared everything up.

ed, u shud get the sheikhs to write something for the magazine and defo invite them back! also, do you have any links of their work or something.

and I echo the words of bro zahid, sheikh jamal and sheikh ibrahim are fantastic speakers, not many of them around today, maasha’Allah.

in a nutshell, you smashed it. weldun Biggrin

jazakallah

the shaykhs were cool

will try to get them again, and also try to interview them for the revival mag...

i need some constructive criticism...how was my questioning? too harsh? disrespectful? arrogant? as thast what some ppl think.... but the shaykhs took no offence what so ever....

TONIGHTS SHOW IS Q&A WITH SHAYKH SALIM GHISA
SHOW WILL START AT 10.30PM.
OUR PRESENTERS ARENT ABLE TO MAKE IT AS ZAHID IS PRESENTING LETS TALK SHOW IN ROCHDALE RADIO TONITE AND IRFAN KHANS DAUGHTER IS TAKEN TO HOSPITAL SO HE CANT NAKE IT!

SO THAT MEANS I HAVE TO PRESENT!!AARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
IVE NEVER PRESENTED...I PREFER BEING CO PRESENTER SO I DONT HAVE TO BE NEUTRAL OR SPEAK TO CALLERS LOL
BUT LETS SEE HOW IT GOES....

PLS TEXT IN, CALL IN... I WANT 5 OR 6 PPL FROM THE FORUMS TO PHONE IN, OR AT LEAST TEXT IN AND SAY UR LISTENING ON LINE....

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

i need some constructive criticism...how was my questioning? too harsh? disrespectful? arrogant? as thast what some ppl think.... but the shaykhs took no offence what so ever....

no you was absolutely fine, didn't come across as any of the above. ppl are to quick to judge these days. someone needs to ask them questions and that happens to you and the sheikh did say, carry on what ur doing and dnt listen to anyone.

inshaa'Allah you'll be fine today, just don't talk to much and give the sheikh a chance to speak!

i'll make a speacial dua for you Wink

good luck (not that you'll need it!).

Heard some of last nights show and mashallah it was good. All the misconceptions were interesting and I only heard Shayke Ibrahim and yes mashallah he is a very good speaker.

Looking forward to tonight's show, last years Q and A was really good.

I think the way you question the shayke's is really good, on last years Q and A show you made sure the shayke answered all the questions really thoroughly, so keep it up, you steer the answers really well.

no, no, no! lol, that was another member of the GK crew! Wink

haha, i might ring in later on. i'm getting all my cousins and siblings to ring in!

lol! go sister khadija from bradistan *coughsheffieldcough* GK crew Wink

*cringes* towba towba, tis too rude. mums walking in and out of the room.

/turns radio of.

does it keep cutting out on any1 else
its cheeeeeezin me off

No, it's fine.

That Zaccharia Law Firm ad is hilarious!

i'm of, mums screwing.

ma'aslaama.

I've caught a couple of shows now. Quite edgy, good speakers, well produced, friendly presenters with a strong grasp of professionalism and high spirits. I like it.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Pages