celebrating B'DAYS

is celebrating birthdays against islam?

do any 1 of u celebrate b'days?

since when has celebrating b'days come 2 be?

isnt it something non-muslims started of and now its become a trend for
many muslims 2 carry out

i personally dont celebrate b'days and dont attend b'day partys coz i think
its not a day to celebrate but to be sad about coz u 1 year closer 2 death..
but non of my cuzons really understand finding it a a day 2 look forward
2. its got nothing to it than cutting a cake

what do u think should b'days be celebrated ?

"muslim gyal" wrote:

since the birth of people Lol

"muslim gyal" wrote:
isnt it something non-muslims started of and now its become a trend for
many muslims 2 carry out

werent we muslims born as well? :shock:

No its not haraam, you just have to be aware of what you do. to go crazy and have a big event and act wild simply because its that day of the year, yes thats pointless - im not the person to declare it haraam, but clearly it has no relevance.

but, as we do it, just a small cake n family gathering with dua is ok IMO. were all aware were getting closer to death, but then again thats with every breath. it depends how you take the opportunity, why not do a special dua thanking Allah SWT for allowing you to live another year? also for all the blessings in life he has given us...........coupled with an outing wiv friends Biggrin

theres nothing wrong with having happy moments in life, jus dont laugh too hard, or else you may find yourself crying too hard

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

"muslim gyal" wrote:

what do u think should b'days be celebrated ?

The first person to celebrate a birthday was Eve.

When her son was born she was so happy that she forgot Adam's instruction and went running and took the fruit from the Forbidden Tree.

She gave one apple to Adam who ate it without realising where she got it from.

And then all hell broke loose.

However, God forgave her

Omrow

Approximate translation from qur'an: (I kno I should not do this! I should get exact quote, but I cannot find it online. Google is letting me down!)

'Say, count the blessings Allah has bestowed upon you, and celebrate'

Now it depends if you count your birth as a blessing, or a curse.

If its a blessing, celebrate. However you must celebrate in a halaal manner.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think its one one of those things thats not exactly haraam, but is considered permissible... thats my opinion.

In my family we all celebrated my brother and my sisters birthdays by throwing a small party where friends & relatives came over there was cake, samosa and prezi's. But that was only till we were 13-14. Coz we were kids our parents would throw the party but since we're alot older now no1 bothers with such things.
I usually just go out with friends on my birthday see a film, hav a meal, go play bowling then come home.

Personally i think its a little depressing to think of it as 1 year closer to death, as thats a little silly since death can come at anytime in anyplace and doesnt wait till your next birthday. But instead you should consider it a blessing that you've made thru another year and celebrate (even if its in a small way)since it's better to have and remember the good moments in life than it is to dwell on the bad moments.

Back in BLACK

salaam

come on ppl, we discuss this over and over again and still we get wishy woshy answers.

If celebrating the birthday of the beloved Prophet(saw) is allowed, permissible, recommended, rewarded......then of course you can celebrate birthdays..wats the debate about?..when you celebrate yours, just keep it simple, no haram acts..and no problem what so ever.

its a simple issue really...

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

come on ppl, we discuss this over and over again and still we get wishy woshy answers.

If celebrating the birthday of the beloved Prophet(saw) is allowed, permissible, recommended, rewarded......then of course you can celebrate birthdays..wats the debate about?..when you celebrate yours, just keep it simple, no haram acts..and no problem what so ever.

wasalaam

Except i dont think muslim gyal was around when we originally discussed it. Old topics are bound to repeat as we get new members.

Back in BLACK

yea probably its already been discussed before i joined.......but out of question is there hadeeths or a verse in the quran regarding the celebrating of the prophet s b'day

maybe to YOU

but many people still get confused over this issue

maybe if the Revival explained it porperly once and for all u wouldnt get confused people :twisted:

Everything is allowed in Islam except for that which has clearly been stated as being forbidden...

"muslim gyal" wrote:
yea probably its already been discussed before i joined.......but out of question is there hadeeths or a verse in the quran regarding the celebrating of the prophet s b'day

apart from the quote i mentioned?

If it is a blessing you have been commanded to celebrate.

If its not a blessing, then its a different matter.

So on all of this it really wether you see it as a blessing or a burden.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

how cumz i've alwayz know that celebrating birthdays is not allowed....i prayed at islamic school bradford , we werent allowed to celebrate birthdays there coz we were told its guna and the teachers there were alimas so i dnt get it now..

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

maybe to YOU

but many people still get confused over this issue

maybe if the Revival explained it porperly once and for all u wouldnt get confused people :twisted:

Assallamu Allaikum
The Revival has provided answers a long time ago, please visit our website on a regular basis and most of your answers on most issues will inshallah be answered.

Here are a few answers with evidence on the permissibility of celebrating the birth of the Holy Prophet (saw):

[b]Birth of the Messenger of Allah
By Prof. Tahir ul Qadri[/b]
A selection of sound narrations on the birth of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

[b]Should we celebrate the Mawlid-un-Nabi?[/b]
A critical analysis on why we should celebrate the birth of the Prophet of Islam.

[b]
What the Muslim scholars have said about celebrating the birth of Prophet Muhammad ?[/b]
A selction of quotes of some of the great Muslim authories on the permissibility of celebrating the birth of Muhammad (pbuh)

wasalaam

Q is on B'days

not specifically Milad

read thread properly

most people I know are anti Milad but aint got an issue with celebrating their kids B'days

The thing is if you do no celebrate the mawlid, you cannot celebrate your own/kids birthdays either.

It is then wrong to celebrate birthdays.

Salam

"Admin" wrote:
if you do no celebrate the mawlid, you cannot celebrate your own/kids birthdays either.

But to some parents, their kids are more important than Prophet Muhammad.

That is why some people would celebrate their children's birthday but never remember the birth of the Prophet of God.

Omrow

Even tho the Prophet (pbuh) said love me more than your parents, your kids and yourselves? until then, ur deen is not complete.

how can you celebrate ur kids and not the Prophet SAW b'day? makes no sense at all :shock:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:
Even tho the Prophet (pbuh) said love me more than your parents, your kids and yourselves? until then, ur deen is not complete.

how can you celebrate ur kids and not the Prophet SAW b'day? makes no sense at all :shock:

If you hold the belief you cannot celebrate the Prophet (saw)'s birthday, you cannot celebrate your own, or of others.

The sects which ban the celebrating of the Prophet's mawlid, also ban it for all mawlid.

Salam Muslims
Peace Non-Muslims

Celebrating general Birthdays is an issue that has legitimate ikhtilaf (scholarly difference of opinions). I have come across it being Haraam (illegal) and Mubah (permissible). Thos who say it is Haraam use many daleel as an example the hadith sahih “Whoever imitates a people, he is one of them.” [Ahmed]. Those who say it is Mubah derive a statement from an Qawaa’id as shari’ (Sharia principle) e.g. general ibaha (permissibles) requires (khasa al daleel) specific daleel to prohibit it - that generally celebrating is permissible and it requires daleel to prohibit it and those daleel put forward to prohibit it are not related to it.

As for celebrating the Rasulillah (saws) birthday (milad an Nabi) which also falls into legitimate ikhtilaf but the arguments for and against are different and more deep. Those who say it is prohibited to do milad an Nabi say acts of ibada (worship) requires specific daleel for its performance and cannot fall into to the general principle of permissible. They do not treated as a general action but specific action related to worship. In fact they say its specific ruling is not only Haraam but [punishable] Bid’a (a new matter in ‘ibadah). Those who say it is permissible use terms like bid’a hasanah (good innovation in deen) and use the general principles of ‘ibadah to make it masnoon (recommended) e.g. showing love for Rasulillah (saws), extraction of supplicating darood etc

And the argument that if you celebrate your own or family members birthday does not necessarily mean you should also celebrate Rasulillah’s (saws) Birthday and vice versa. Since the daleel used for one is not necessarily the same for the other as shown above.

In conclusion it requires taqleed i.e. either follow a scholar you have or look into both sides of the arguments and be convinced of the one that according to your ability is correct.

Salaam Muslims
Peace Non-Muslims

it is tru that B'day and Milad are two diff things

thats why u see people celebrating own b'days but being anti Milad

have never celebrated the prophet b'hday ..prayed but what do u mean when it come to the word celebrate ? how do u people celebrate the prophets b'day

"muslim gyal" wrote:
have never celebrated the prophet b'hday ..prayed but what do u mean when it come to the word celebrate ? how do u people celebrate the prophets b'day

There was this 'Salafi' in college who used to say that 'you Brelwis dance to celebrate Milad'. And he did a little demonstration. :roll:

"muslim gyal" wrote:

You can celebrate in any way as long as it does not contradict Islamic teachings.

theres nothing wrong with celebrating birthdays as long as you dont do anything haram. Biggrin

brelwis.how are they different to wahabis?

Salam

Wahhabis are Salafis. In short, scumbags. Two names for the same deviant version of Islam that advocates killing of all westerners, particularly Americans and especially Jews.

They have no love for the Prophet. They think they follow the teachings of Islam but their actions prove that they are infact lovers of Satan. Osama Bin Laden is one of the Wahhabis.

Omrow

Wahabbi and salafi are the same thing. the name Wahabbi is used more as an insult.

They don't allow the celebration of any birthday.

However we cannot say salafis disrespect the prophet (saw). Some may do, and if anyone meets one who does, put him/her in their place, but don't judge everyone.

"Omrow" wrote:

They have no love for the Prophet.

So does the omro have love for the Prophet?

if u do why dont u PROVE it- :evil:

excuse me omrow what u blabbing on about. nothing wrong with salafis and who says salafis want all americans jews killed.atleast wahabis dont get into bidat like many other sects.
salafis have love for the prophet jst like every1 else.just coz they more strict about issues doesnt mean they not good ppl.

erm... we should not be proud of OBL of all people!

He is a disease.

By the litteral translation of Bid'ah, we all do it.

Anything that was not around before is bid'ah.

English is a relatively new language. It is bid'ah.

So can all sides stop accusing. (including you Omrow)

its omrow saying in fact salafis have love 4 satan .whts that supposed to mean.and how can he say they dont have love for the prophet.omrow mr so called know it all u chat crap.
and as for OBL i rather not discuss him here and what i think of him coz every1 will start attacking me

OBL is not a disease,

so like admin said everything that wasnt around before is bidah .were birthdays around before?if not then its bidah, what does the quran say about bidah?

any1 know

Pages