Riddles

137 posts / 0 new
Last post

This isn't the thing about starting life on four legs etc?

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:
This isn't the thing about starting life on four legs etc?

nope

Don't just do something! Stand there.

A skier?

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:
A skier?

that doesn't even make sense!

It did when I posted it. You should have been quicker.

Maybe someone who needed an operation to remove two additional legs?

it must be simpler than that....

Some kind of Transformer.

Someone going up the hill on a horse/donkey and coming back down walking?

"Imaani" wrote:
Someone going up the hill on a horse/donkey and coming back down walking?

nope, because that would be the horse/donkey that was going up the hill, while the person went down it.

This is ONE thing that goes up a hill on four legs and down on only two.

It doesn't lose or gain anything at the top of the hill

A man goes up the hill on all fours, (presumably because its a steep hill) and then comes down on two legs.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
A man goes up the hill on all fours, (presumably because its a steep hill) and then comes down on two legs.

then he'd go up on 2 hands and 2 legs, and then down on just 2 legs.

wrong again, my dear brother

Has it got something to do with death or the afterlife?

"Imaani" wrote:
Has it got something to do with death or the afterlife?

nope

"Ya'qub" wrote:
What goes up the hill with four legs, but comes down with only two?

Thats a good one isn't it?!

Is it one of those where not even you know?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

"Courage" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:
What goes up the hill with four legs, but comes down with only two?

Thats a good one isn't it?!

Is it one of those where not even you know?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Biggrin

HERE IS YOUR PRIZE:

[img]

I thought, could he be messing everyone around? Nooooo, Ya'qub's such a straight-up mensch.

How wrong I was.

i got a reallllyyy good 1

You are walking in a deep forrest in the middle of no where. In this forrest two culture's live, the Honest people and the Lying people. The honest people always tell the truth and the lying people always lie. Suddenly the road splits, one way heads to the village of the Honest people (where you are heading to) and the other one to the village of the Lying people. You see one man walking around, you don't know if he's a Honest man or a Lying man, what do you need to ask him to make sure you get to the Honest village?

Good luck mupetz

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Ask him a question that you already know the answer to and then you'll know whether he's from the lying or the honest village.

"Which way would the OTHER tribe say is the way to the honest village"

easy

Whatever you ask him hes gonna lie or be truthful but you cant read his mind. So whichever road you follow you will eventually come to the end. If its the village of the honest ppl then its all good, if not then go back and take the other route.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
Whatever you ask him hes gonna lie or be truthful but you cant read his mind. So whichever road you follow you will eventually come to the end. If its the village of the honest ppl then its all good, if not then go back and take the other route.

i already got it right naz!

well how do you know, has he said?
plus your answer isnt right because if you say to him which tribe would they say the other one was then the liars could say they are the honest tribe and the honest ones would say they other tribe are liars.

"Naz" wrote:
well how do you know, has he said?
plus your answer isnt right because if you say to him which tribe would they say the other one was then the liars could say they are the honest tribe and the honest ones would say they other tribe are liars.

you are trying to find the way to the 'honest person's village', there is road split in the road.

if u ask an honest person where the OTHER person would say is the way to the 'honest village' he would say the road that takes you away from the village

and if you ask a lying person where the OTHER person would say is the way to the 'honest village' he would say the road that takes you away from the village, too

So whoever you ask, you take the OTHER road than the person tells you to go down. Hey presto, you arrive at the 'honest village'.

i explained it complicatedly, but I'm right

cos i've heard the riddle before so I know i'm right

I'm always right

yay Ya'qub!

Lol

Biggrin

Smile

:o

:x

Cray 2

but there is only one man there and you have to ask him. You dont know whther he is honest or a liar. Plus you would have to go to the village to ask both tribes if they are honest of liars.

"Naz" wrote:
but there is only one man there and you have to ask him. You dont know whther he is honest or a liar. Plus you would have to go to the village to ask both tribes if they are honest of liars.

read my post again. slowly.

whichever one (and only one) u ask u will get ur answer

you ask where he is 4rm
the honest man will point to the road to his village and the lair will also point that way
so u follow that roadddd

technically if you think about it the liar could point to his own road saying that is the honest village (liars lie and by him pointing you to the honest road he wouldnt be lying coz thats the road your looking for) and the honest person could point to his own village saying it is the honest ppl village.

mupet am asking him were he kumz 4rmm not which village is hu's

dont matter was trying look for loophole but it aint gonna happen.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

read my post again. slowly.

whichever one (and only one) u ask u will get ur answer

Yeah, Yaqub, you're right. A Liar would lie and say that an honest person will say that a liar will tell the truth.
Let's see if you can answer this.

A Nightwatchman says to his boss, "I've been having this dream for many weeks, I see your plane crashing on this date."
Boss: Don't be silly!
He goes to the airport and then by chance misses his plane, which crashes. The boss pays his worker £10, 000 then sacks him. Why?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Pages