Bookworms

Reviving Seraph's famed thread. All props to Seraph.

Just finished up reading a bunch of interesting stuff:

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - It's like the Da Vinci Code and Dracula mixed, really interesting read great suspense and lots of historical background on an area of the world I don't know much about - the balkans.

Any one of the Princess books by Jean Sasson (well actually by Princess Sultana) - Lilsis recommendation to me a while back, absolutely amazing books about the suicidal decadence of the Saudi Royal Princes.

and in that vein

My Forbidden Face by "Latifah" a fascinating look at life under the Taliban, but also a very informative look at life in Afghanistan over the last 30 years.

The Fortune of War by Patrick O' Brien - Anybody who thinks British Naval history would like any one of the books in this series, but I just finished reading this one (book 6) and it is really interesting since it takes place during the war of 1812.

The Grand Inquisitor by Dostoevsky, about 20 pages long, I think it is a section of the Brothers Kamarov, but extremely philosophical about the state of religion (Christian but can be applied to anybody) in the hands of authority. Imagine a world where God tried to talk to the people and the religious intelligensia told him he wasn't needed because the people have them now.

Read anything interesting lately?

i enjoyed reading a child called it......dnt know the author dave something i think but its a popular book.....about a child who gets abused really sad and a book u dnt wanna put down

hmmmm and another book called SOLD about 2 girls frm england who get sold over 2 yemen and how they escape...wicked book

does the high and mighty snobby Dave think he's too good to post in the [url= book worm thread that he has to start his own :twisted:

such a spoilt boy :roll:

btw Dave read SOLD its a fab book

two girls from B'ham got sold by their father to two good for nothing guys in a village in yemen

one sister escapes and writes a book on it-the other sister Nadia is still there Cray 2

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
does the high and mighty snobby Dave think he's too good to post in the [url= book worm thread that he has to start his own :twisted:

such a spoilt boy :roll:

btw Dave read SOLD its a fab book

two girls from B'ham got sold by their father to two good for nothing guys in a village in yemen

one sister escapes and writes a book on it-the other sister Nadia is still there Cray 2

I have no use for the other thread. I am Dave! - former king of the Revival (and protector of the former forums)

I can't find it anywhere! I looked for it after Muslim Gyal recommended it, I tried B&N and Overstock but all that comes up is something about a monk selling his ferrari, who is the author?

Did the father face any legal punishment?

Somebody should sell [i]him[/i] - I am sure Andre could use some help with the gardening.

Just finished reading 'The Pact' by Jodi Picoult.

Its about how two families who live next door to each other and are really good friends. A boy from one and the girl from the other fall in love, but (heres the twist) they get a call one night how they've found the girl dead from a gunshot wound to the head as part of a suicide pact and there was only one other bullet left in the gun as the boy claims it was for him. Leading the parents to believe if they ever actually knew their son at all.

I give it a seraph 3/5

Back in BLACK

please can anybody recommend a good horror book new one and as i asked on my last post on the last bookworm thread has Stephen King got a new book out?

"almas" wrote:
please can anybody recommend a good horror book new one and as i asked on my last post on the last bookworm thread has Stephen King got a new book out?

Well it's not new but The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel by Felicitas D. Goodman is being turned into a movie called The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

It is a true story quite frightening and very interesting

There is also the Mothman Prophecies by John Keel - not only frightening, weird and supposedly true but also impossible to understand.

I walked away from that one with the overriding question "huh?"

Also with the desire to never visit anywhere within 100 miles of West Virginia