Why We Cry

35 posts / 0 new
Last post

"malik" wrote:
Angels and Prophet will all mourn for Imam Hussain on that day.

Im a little confused why is it that the Angels and Prophet will mourn for Imam Hussain P.B.U.H.? Why not mourn for other relatives of the prophet?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"malik" wrote:
It is said that true believers all will do matam for Imam Hussain on the Day on Judgement. Men women anc children will cry for Imam Hussain for a long time. Angels and Prophet will all mourn for Imam Hussain on that day. We believe they even today they cry for Imam Hussain in the sky. Imam Mehdi and Jesus Christ are coming back to this earth and they will conduct jaloos and lead matami tolas everywhere.

Once again Malik, prove it with Quran and Hadith!!!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

i think ur missing the point of asking him to proove it with qur'an and hadith. he's not a scholar for one thing. and many sunni people do things that have no basis in quran and sunnah and we manage to accept differences.

i wasn't asking him to make him proove/disproove his beliefs, i was merely trying to understand actual shia beliefs from th inside (instead of the propaganda u hear in mosques about baby-eating etc).

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Obviously we have our own ulema who tell us things from the Holy Quran and from books of hadith.

I cant remember all the references because I am not a scholar. I have given some sources about my beliefs but if you want to know all the rest then I suggest you ask a proper Shia Alim.

There are a lof of things about matam and mourning for Imam Hussain that we are taught in Muharram. I cant remember everything that is told. I just get on with doing the matam and zanjeer when our scholars lead us in the jaloos on the streets.

Everybody has their own beliefs and practices. We Shias might seems a little strange to others but that is what we do. It is our belief which is based on Islamic teachings.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Pages