"Bro" and other pet peeves.

How many of you go around calling everyone "Bro"?

It's not really a peeve but I have always found it amusing.

Moving onto a real peeve (a member of the forum may know about this already...):

I can't stand people who have no concept of personal space.

i only do it on this forum. Dont think ive ever referred to a fellow muslim out in the public as bro or even sis
whats so amusing about calling fellow muslim guy bro? What you rather someone called you sis (now that would be amusing Blum 3 )

My biggest peeve has to be when ppl dont listen. The other day i was on the phone to some women at inland revenue, didnt want to listen to anything i was sayin so i got peed off said some nasty things (which shall not be repeated on this forum) and hung up :oops:

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Does that get on your nerves? I always use Bro... I do it out of respect, hence I only use it towards some people. I haven't ever said it though, it sounds a bit weird lol, but i always write it. If I've ever felt the need I have said 'brother', only coz Bro seems a bit too personal.

Before I started practicing I absolutely hated people calling me Sis, I used to look at them like 'no you ain't my sister, okay?' Lol, it seems really immature now, but I just found it so patronising, so I hardly use it and if I do it's again only out of respect and only to a few girls.

I can't stand people who don't understand the personal space concept. My maths teacher at school was like that, she just made me so uncomfortable. [i]Everybody[/i] noticed that about her.

"Naz" wrote:
My biggest peeve has to be when ppl dont listen.

You would hate me then!

If it looks like I am really paying attention it is a dead cert that I am not.

I am king of the verbal/physical nods allowing people to just talk.

if I am doing something else then there is a good chance I will be paying attention.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Theres two types of ppl that dnt listen. Theres those that sit quietly and look like they are paying attention but chances are that they are probably not. Those ppl dont bother me, coz im doing all the talkin that way lol. Then there are those annoying ppl who just waffle and waffle and waffle some more and you just cant seem to get a word in. Now those ppl really pee me off lol.

You just sit down ready to dig into your tea an the phone rings and be hold its some annoying person on the other end tryin to offer you windows. You try to be polite as you can but they just dont get the hint so the only other option is to be brutal :twisted:. thats why i refuse to work in a call centre.

"Admin" wrote:
How many of you go around calling everyone "Bro"?

It's not really a peeve but I have always found it amusing.

Moving onto a real peeve (a member of the forum may know about this already...):

lol I can't stand people who don't understand the concept of 'personal handles' and privacy if they are admin on a web server.

Lol Lol Lol Lol

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

admin bro, why do u find it amusing when ppl refer to one another as bro?

i almost always refer to others as sis/bro, dnt see anything weird or amusing about it!

It's one of those idiosyncrasies of life. it has no meaning.

Status quo can be funny.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ehem, need I say more.

"Admin" wrote:

Is that like when you're sitting in an empty carriage and someone walks in and decides to sit next to you...

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Is that like when you're sitting in an empty carriage and someone walks in and decides to sit next to you...

More or less.

Or when standing in a queue they stand so close you could be conjoined!

"Admin" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

More or less.

Or when standing in a queue they stand so close you could be conjoined!

lol you dont half remind me of my uni mate admin. If someone comes and sits next to hear in the lecture theatre or theyr just being friendly she gets proper paranoid (she thinks they have some other ulterior motive lol). Got to agree with the point about ppl standing dead close to you in a queue espcially when your at a cash machine. And then theres the homeless dude thats always sat right underneath the cash point which i dont understand because most ppl go to the cash machine because they dont have any money and cash points only distribute notes and i dont think ppl are that generous.

Sitting "next" to someone generally means having a slight gap between the two.

Well, for me it does.

When standing and talking an arm length would probably be a good minimum distance to be.

'bro' is so common, but what else do you say when your talking to someone and you dont know his name?

bro makes sense. plus, its short for brother....and its a welcoming nice gesture Biggrin

better than, oi you

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

you don't need to address anyone with "Bro". Just say what you need to say.

Only time it is useful is when trying to gain attention. After that starting or ending every sentence with it is too much.

i know what you mean, the dudes who use the word bro every 2 or 3 seconds. But i meant just in general to grab someones attention

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Why do people call the guys who work in fried chicken shops 'boss' all the time? if they were the boss they wouldn't be serving you chicken in the first place!

I dont hear 'bro' very often, you northerners are an odd bunch! everyone seems to say 'bruv' or 'blood' (pronounced 'BLAD') which is atleast 7 times more annoying.

Its a bit different in Syria, people there go around saying 'Ya Habibiiiii' all the time and giving each other big smooches up and down their necks! This, along with the hand-holding and arm-linking will quickly make you long for the days where the only complaint about your personal space being invaded was people queueing too close together! I think its sweet really, although it does make me feel uncomfortable because I'm an up-tight Brit. I think its true that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and his Companions (ra) used to kiss each other on the lips out of love for the sake of Allah (swt).

I don't think they called each other 'boss', though.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i get called 'blud' by people here

and 'boss' by the weirdo's up north :roll:

speaking of pet peeves

too many to list

but to name a few

lazy men

spoilt kids

overprices boots

heavy rain and no car :evil:

food for dinner that i dont like

sexist men

backwards men/women

cultural crap

women oppression

etc etc etc

everyone here uses the word "blud" as well, altho its died down abit know
the words "homeie" and "breadwin" are in.

"in a bizzle"
meaing "in a bit" or catch u later is in at teh moment .

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

i hate doorstep salesman and telesales cold calling. Everyday approx 1pm and 6pm these ppl call the house. Its always with some really strange accent, sometimes so strange that i can't decipher the english. anyways even though i say no not interested they continue.

once i shouted at one and felt bad about it. but then next day they called again and i thght thats it, now i just hang up on them.

My husband is good at complaints tho, he wont shy away, he seems to get a buzz from complaining, hes excellent at it lol. when they call now he answers and he makes out hes selling computers, windows, conservatories u name it. Last time this lady called from a insurance company he said hello this is abc computers would you like a new computer to ur specifications. i was like omg please put the phone down ur being horrible. He carried on with the farce, eventually the lady hung up Lol

the whole blood and blad thing, do they still use that? i only hear it from gangster wannabees around city centre, otherwise i dont.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

men who leave hair in the sink or bath tub make me wana vomit

a lot of things lilsis mentioned wise gal Wink cultural nonsense high on the list.

ppl who invade private space, since niqab ive got a lot of space tho most ppl dont wana sit near me on buses so its great Biggrin

ppl who tut at mothers with pushchairs

ppl who dont hold doors for others, and those that dont say thank when its held open for them

asian shop keepers who grunt rather than say thank you.

asians with no concept of lining up to wait till their turn

ppl working in customer service who have a serious condition making it
impossible for them to smile. They hate their job so they make the public feel depressed with their suicidal looking faces.

ppl like one of my bros who always chants "no problem" like a mantra but never gets anything done. i hate ppl who vow to do something and then fail, don't say np if u can't do it, obviously its a problem!

certain elders going through any shopping bag that is left downstairs just to see what i've purchased. i hate snoopers.

elders and nosey neighbours watching me leave the house then questioning why i turned left rather than right for the shops. get a life please!

"Sirus" wrote:
the whole blood and blad thing, do they still use that? i only hear it from gangster wannabees around city centre, otherwise i dont.

i've only ever heard my cuzin use that lingo but she's usually takin the mick, i dnt think any1 uses that phrase seriously.

yash, get ur number taken out of the phone books, we get like a million calls a day n boy r they annoyin! we string them along, hype them up and @ theey end drop the call or scream at them!

I would rather be called bro than uncle, which i get called sometimes :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Noor" wrote:
haha Lol

its understandable the lil kids in the shop calling me uncle, they call any1 behind the till uncle....but you get some teenagers calling me uncle...it aint funny!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

u betta watch it, they'll be callin u grandad next :twisted:

I have a group of friends who all started calling each other 'mate' as a joke, taking the micky out of chavs and cockneys etc. But then it got COMPLETELY out of control and they not only started calling everyone mate ALL the time, but also the word 'mate' became their ONLY form of communication! they would say 'mate' to mean 'hello', 'goodbye', 'listen to this', 'o dear!', 'really?' or any sort of emotion and also if they just couldn't think of anything to say they might just let out a small 'mate' to break an awkward silence.

mate.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i started saying 'cheers' jus like your mates started saying 'mate'. Now i have a habit of saying 'cheerz mate!'

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL, I like the word bro, means you dunt have to go thru the trouble of remembering everyones name.

But, I find it odd sayin Sis to a female, Id much rather say "alrite darlin'" with a lil wink of the eye Wink Ay ay.

Mr. Admin aka "Bro you" hate people invading his "personal space"

To be honest, he's jus a lil insecure, if you walk next to him he gets a lil scared. Cant imagine him on Eid when everyones huggin everyone, Love to see what Admin does lol.

Admin, "You" should change your user name to "You-Nique" cool or wat?

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight