YOU GOT PEACE OF MIND???

salaam

How many ppl here have complete peace of mind?
Are you at peace with yourself?
Are you happy with life and what you have?
Or are you unhappy?
Do you have no peace?
Do you always want more?
What gives you peace?
Do you meditate to get a peace of mind?
Do you just do zikr?
Do you blast music to get peace of mind?
Do you some weed to get it?
Do you sleep at mind or are you always worried about things?
What aspects of Islam , if any, give you that peace of mind?

pls discuss...

wasalaam

The only way a person can get complete peace of mind is when they are grateful to Allah (swt) whatever state they are in be it happy/sad, rich/poor etc.

My peace of mind comes from listening to naats and being in zikr mehfils and being in prescence of great pious personalitiies, seeing my parents smile and knowing they are there with me always, my amazing family whom I love to bits. All these things give me peace of mind.

complete peace of mind, whats that lol
Ive got a roof over my head, clothes to wear and food in a belly so yeh im happy with my life.
I got everything i need, the greatest parents in the whole wide world. I thank ALLAH (swt) everyday for giving me such loving and open minded parents who have always supported me in everything i have done. I have the most amazing brothers and sisters, even thou they can be sooo annoyin at tymes lol i love em all to bits. I have the greatest friends who are always there for me.

so in answer to your ques yes i have complete peace of mind

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I've got all the basic needs but I always want more. I am grateful for the things that I have but always wonder how things would be better if they were abit different. When something happens I don't just accept it, I analyse the situation and wonder to myself why it happened. I am not completely happy with my life as I want a few things to change but whether it happens or not is out of my control.

So no, I don't have complete peace of mind.

Everyone on Earth...be it politicians, homeless people, the rich, the famous etc are seeking peace of mind.

But they all try to get it via different means. Even though..it is only by living life according to the limits ordained by Allah (swt) that people gain peace of mind.

Alhumdullillah, I have a peace of mind 95% of the time. I'm happy with life. I sleep very well at night...and I've always been like that.

However, I'm very rarely content with my self/current situation. I'm not even a qualified teacher yet and I'm already researching into how I can be fast tracked into being a headteacher...and/or how to become a PGCE University Professor.

I love experiencing all that life throws at me...I love speed and I love trying out new things...being involved in different projects.

It's when I'm not doing anything...I become restless.

I do think I have peace of mind, although I’m not sure it’s possible to have complete peace of mind. It wasn’t something I really thought much of until I started praying and then it was something I really truly felt, so it probably means I didn’t have it before.

Even now I would say my peace of mind comes from my salah, in particular my dua, probably because it’s the only thing that is consistent. My belief in Allah swt gives me peace of mind. Knowing that Allah swt hears my prayer gives me peace of mind. Knowing that Allah swt sees everything and knows what’s in everyone’s heart gives me so much peace of mind. Zhikr with others I find helps, but on my own I find my mind wanders. Reading and learning about Islam makes me feel stronger as a person. Knowing how to make myself a better person gives me peace of mind.

I worry about all kinds of things, but then I know if I pray to Allah swt then everything will be alright. I realise I have a part to play, and in a way that gives me peace of mind. Some things I know I can’t really have that much control in, for example, when someone’s not well, or someone’s going through a difficult time, I know that if I can’t do anything else for them, I can pray for them and that means a lot to me.

I know I have so much, although at times I know I am ungrateful and feel unsatisfied. I know that if Allah swt wished He swt could teach me a lesson I would never forget. Just thinking about that scares me.

I used to listen to loads and loads and loads of music, but it wasn't ever to get peace of mind, just to chill out.

I never really have a problem sleeping, these days I'm so shattered I struggle to not sleep. The only times I've not been able to sleep is when I've been really worried about something, which alhamdulillah hasn't been often.

Peace of mind truly is the worlds greatest blessing.

Thats partly why my heart goes out to those who have mental problems (minor/major)...I cant even begin to imagine the mental turmoil they must go through.

Its always depressing to hear of those who have everything...looks, money, fame, status etc etc and yet are unable to find peace within themselves....you hear of the rich and famous attempting suicide, having eating disorders, being addicted to drugs etc

Its only through the remembrance of Allah do hearts truly find peace.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Its only through the remembrance of Allah do hearts truly find peace.

said it in one. Biggrin

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Some beautiful verses from the Qur'an on the subject matter..

[b][size=18]مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحاً مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ [/size][/b][url=

16.97 . Whosoever doeth right, whether male or female, and is a believer, him verily We shall quicken with good life, and We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do.

[b][size=18]ثُمَّ أَنَزلَ اللّهُ سَكِينَتَهُ عَلَى رَسُولِهِ وَعَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَأَنزَلَ جُنُوداً لَّمْ تَرَوْهَا وَعذَّبَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَذَلِكَ جَزَاء الْكَافِرِينَ [/size][/b][url=

9.26. Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

[b][size=18]هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ السَّكِينَةَ فِي قُلُوبِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ لِيَزْدَادُوا إِيمَاناً مَّعَ إِيمَانِهِمْ وَلِلَّهِ جُنُودُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيماً حَكِيماً [/size][/b][url=

48.4. He it is Who sent down peace of reassurance into the hearts of the believers that they might add faith unto their faith. Allah's are the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is ever Knower, Wise

[b][size=18]وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنكاً وَنَحْشُرُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَعْمَى [/size][/b][url=
20.124. But he who turneth away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]