Things that make you say AL HAMDULILLAH!!!

68 posts / 0 new
Last post

I was offered the job ten minutes into my 3hour long interview.

Not only that, she wanted me to start as soon as my PGCE finishes, and my PGCE finishes one week before childrens 6week holidays start....so bascically, I'll work for 5days and then be off for my 6 week paid holidays.

Its obvious that the only reason I got through this interview in 10mins was because of the Mercy and Blessing of Allah (swt)...its only during times like this do I fully understand how NOTHING happens without His permission.....why else would the deputy Head say to me 'as soon I saw you I knew that you'd be right for this school - its a feeling I had'.

I cant wait to be a 'proper' qualified class room teacher.

ALHUMDULILLAH!

Biggrin

[color=indigo][b]Congratz sis! Biggrin [/b][/color]

[u][b]COOL![/b][/u] Congratulations MS! And in only 10 minutes...

I kinda get the feeling this is your first job-job? Like the kind people don't just pickup right out of college but usually wait a few years before they can get, is that right?

Well done!

Congratulations Phoenix CG!

Congratulations MuslimSister!

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"Phoenix CG" wrote:
Alhamdullilah, I'm now fully with Islam Channel on the project, I'm going to be on TV!!!!!!!! inshaAllah.

lol seeing as every Muslim in Britain already knows you, you might have been able to leverage a celebrity contract out of em!

Every muslim in Britain is going to say "So [i]THAT's[/i] AJ!"

Thanks guys..

Dave, I'm not sure what you mean..?

I've worked part time as a supply teachers assistant in the past...I've worked as an teacher in Summer School in Community Centres.

But this is my first full time, qualified job.

I havent worked as a teacher in a school before because I was unqualified...even now, I'm still a few months away from qualifying.

Here, people don't really hang around after university graduation to find a job..in fact, when you're coming towards the end of your course, universities offer interview/job training etc

"MuslimSister" wrote:
But this is my first full time, qualified job.

Yea! That's what I mean! this is the one you plan on hanging onto for a couple decades

"Darkwing" wrote:

Oh, right, hallelujah for my tiny but growing little family!

You said somewhere if you have a son you might call him 'Alexander'. I was thinking that if you have a boy you could call him 'James' and if you have a girl you could call her 'Madison'.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I’ve had so many fantastic experiences and successes this year – stuff that’ll be memories for life. I have a LOT to be thankful about.

Fortunately, the fun isn’t over yet. …I’m lucky enough to go away with my entire family for a Summer Umrah this year – we’re leaving in a matter of weeks.

I’m so unbelievably excited I can hardly contain myself. I cant sleep (but I can eat)– I’ve been there twice before, but this time I’m going with my whole family – all 6 of us.

I remember even thinking/stating in 2004 during Hajj that I’ll be back soon…

If anyone wants any specific duas/Salaams mentioned do feel free to send me a PM. I promise you I WILL send them on…I’m keeping a diary to remind me, like I did last time.

Biggrin

Wowww!!! You are so lucky!

Going with all your family, mashallah!

And mashallah to you too Brother!

I want to go tooooooooooo!!

"Imaani" wrote:

And mashallah to you too Brother!

I didn't want to say anything, but we lost the baby. It's been a difficult last couple days.

I'm so sorry to hear that bro.

I pray God helps you both come through this difficult time.

You must be glad to be back home, how are your little girls doin?

"Imaani" wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear that bro.

I pray God helps you both come through this difficult time.

You must be glad to be back home, how are your little girls doin?

Thank you. It is very good to be back. They are okay, talking actually, I am not living at home right now so I can't see them.

Aawww wow, talking. You must miss them so much when you're away. How often were you allowed to ring home and stuff?

"Imaani" wrote:
Aawww wow, talking. You must miss them so much when you're away. How often were you allowed to ring home and stuff?

I missed them all very much. I wasn't allowed to call from Iraq or communicate at all.

I'm very sorry Dave.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Oh my gosh I didn't realise it was that strict! You hear about people in the armed forces receiving mail, but I thought they were allowed the odd phone call now and again. Do you understand why it is that way? I mean do you think contact with your family would have affected you wanting to be there or your purpose there etc? I assume in this day and age that is the only reason why contact is restricted?

"Imaani" wrote:
Oh my gosh I didn't realise it was that strict! You hear about people in the armed forces receiving mail, but I thought they were allowed the odd phone call now and again. Do you understand why it is that way? I mean do you think contact with your family would have affected you wanting to be there or your purpose there etc? I assume in this day and age that is the only reason why contact is restricted?

Yes, I understood why I was restricted. Contact is almost never restricted like this, many foot soldiers have online blogs and call their girlfriends/wives every morning to say goodnight. I am not a foot soldier. It was for my family's protection and other reasons.

re: Dave.

God's plans for us don't always seem fair or even to make sense, but He knows better than us what is good. Having said that, I can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be for you. I'm sure everyone at the revival's prayers are with you. In Islam, patience is 1/2 of faith.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

May you have peace for an eternity Big Dave!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

Thank you, I really appreciate the sentiments but I'd much rather not talk about this.

You know that belief that 'after hardship comes ease' Does anyone ever fear the opposite. For example, if your on a positive spell for so long..do you ever fear that your 'due' a disaster?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
You know that belief that 'after hardship comes ease' Does anyone ever fear the opposite. For example, if your on a positive spell for so long..do you ever fear that your 'due' a disaster?

Depends... on how quickly you've been on a positive spell. If it was all in one big go... then yes BIG DISASTER on the horizon... on the other hand if it was in small tidly bits than smally tidly things will go wrong. Or so the laws of Karma work.

Personally thats all BS. Everyone has ups and downs, theres no real pattern. But what goes around comes around.

Back in BLACK

"Dave" wrote:
The is Dawud's thread from the guys forum

Wheres that? I see no guys forum anywhere on this site. Maybe my eyes need testing again :shock:

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"Brother" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
The is Dawud's thread from the guys forum

Wheres that? I see no guys forum anywhere on this site. Maybe my eyes need testing again :shock:

lol, be assured there is a Guys Only section.

Its just that you cant see it unless you've been attached to that memberlist.

PM Admin and he'll attach you.

Back in BLACK

I have added him now.

Just wasn;t sure if he was a guy. You know... vague username and all that.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Hey! you never added me!

Could you add me to the 'Reverts' board?

If there isn't one, can you make one and only add me?

I'll be the King!!

Well, since admin can't be bothered to make me a whole new board, I've made myself a Yahoo Group.

None of you are invited!!

Pages