another question

hola

how do muslims know what to do when some believe one thing and others believe another thing and they both have evidence? there is no Holy Father in islam right?

gracias

"Snowbunny" wrote:
hola

how do muslims know what to do when some believe one thing and others believe another thing and they both have evidence? there is no Holy Father in islam right?

gracias

Ya Ali Madad snowbunny,

We have two main sects, Sunni and Shia. This is same as two main sects in Christianity, Protestant Christians and Catholic Christians.

We agree on most things, and naturally there are also some differences of opinion of some matters.

I am Shia Muslim.

Just as you do Taqleed of the Pope, I do Taqleed of my Ayatollah who is my Holy Authority. You can visit the website on my profile for more on Taqleed.

Sunnis Muslims follow the four Imams who are Malik, Hanafia, Hanbal, Shafee.

salam alaikum.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Just to expand on that, If something is explicitly stated in the qur'an or hadith (words/actions/approvals of the prophet (saw)), then there is no argument.

In everything else a difference of opinion is allowed.

If two people look at the same issue, the same argument, but come to two different conclusions we believe both are rewarded. even if one is wrong (which is not a necessity. Both could be right...).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

hola malik

please explain to me what these word you used mean... ya ali madad and taqleed. i apologize for my question but i do not know any arabic.

could you also please explain to me about your ayatollah... i thought that he died in the 80s, is there somebody who took over his place?

muchas gracias

“Singing is like praying twice.”

Dominus vobiscum to Catholics
may God guide you non Catholics

Ayatollah is a title. The highest rank for Shia clerics.

Ya Ali Mada means "Help me Oh Ali". Ali (ra) being the fourth Caliph and son in law to the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him)

Taqleed is following someone in a religious practice without asking for evidence. it can only be done for some actions which are not explicitly defined by religious texts and not at all for beliefs.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thanks you Admin. Those were good explanations. You are a very learned brother.

Ya Ali Madad is same as Catholic's call for help from the holy Mary.
We ask Imam Ali for help. We believe he can help anyone who calls upon him because God has empowerd him to do so.

Ayatollah is the "Sign Of God" on earth. He is the most learned person in religious and spiritual matters.

Taqleed is accepting someone as your highest religious authority.
Catholics accept the Pope. We Shias accept the Ayatollah.
I do whatever Ayatollah tell me to do. He knows best.

You don't have to apologise for asking questions Sister Snowbunny. I encouraged you remember?

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

"malik" wrote:
We believe he can help anyone who calls upon him because God has empowerd him to do so.
if Allah would 'empower' anyone in such a way, wouldn't it be the Prophet Mohammed (s.a.w)?

[b]-Thread Locked: Before we go off topic into Shia bashing.
ThePhantomMod[/b]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Topic locked