You suckss approves of design

lol... if it aint broken dont fix it.

Get on with stuff that does require fixing.

Do or do not... there is no try.

Back in BLACK

The design does need fixing.

I no longer like it.

That is a big problem.

And then there are the usabiloty issues.

Does anyone know what order I have things in? It is not immediately obvious.

The top item is the 'feature' the one under it is 'the latest article that is not a feature'.

Right at the bottom is 'the latest news item that is not a feature'.

Secondly, it is confusing to new users. Where should they go first?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

hey heres a crazy idea the time you would on making a new web design spend it on the spamming issue

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

how about no?

Blum 3

phpbb has come to the stage where any solution will have a short shelf life.

The solution is to move to a different system. To move to a different system, we need an acceptable template.

ergo both issues are linked.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Waastemaan!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Lol. Oops, The Revival sucked huh.

I don't think so.

There was nothing wrong with the first design, but it's surprising what a big difference small changes make. That peachy colour wasn't all that and adding the pics made a big difference.

I like this one a lot.

I don't think that 'feature' stuff was obvious, no offence but does it matter that much? They're just features to me.

There's lots on the page and I think that's good. That's what I like about it. At least then if one thing doesn't interest you, then you've got something else, you won't just switch off. Hopefully it'll mean new users will come back to the site, coz there's still a lot they'll want to check out? Anyway it's easy to get back to the main thing and search the next thing.

Do you [i]need[/i] to change the template before moving systems or you just feel like changing it. Anything in particular which isn't acceptable? Or you just want to change minor stuff, like colours etc.

Thing is on most sites the top item is the latest. the one under that is next latest etc.

Since the feature is not labelled as feature people may coem, see the top item is the same and leave, not realising there could have been additions.

The top feature's changed every few days anyway.

What if you added dates under the feature titles? At the moment the date is only displayed once you click on the feature and it is the date it was put up on the homepage which isn't ever very old anyway, but you want people to know this when they look at the feature before deciding they want to click on it so would it resolve it if the date was right there as a part of that feature [size=7]like mpack's homepage.[/size]

"Imaani" wrote:
[size=7]like mpack's homepage.[/size]

Just noticed they have also moved to a 4 column layout.

I gotta say they are not shy about tooting their own horn!

Yeah but it just looks hectic. Way too, too much. On that you are a bit like 'er, what first' - puts you off all of it. What they have in their third column, apart from the first two items, you have anyway in a row at the bottom of the homepage - that's much better, at least it breaks up the layout on the page, don't like their long, thin columns at all.