WORD OF THE DAY

So as Mr Iktihar is always arguing about the importance, richness and beauty of preserving the mother tongue - i.e ENGLISH Dirol

this thread is dedicated to the word of the day

common grammar errors

common punctuation errors

the importance of preserving English and making our lazy elders learn this beautiful language

and any general help needed with english

for today i need to know

what does "FORT" mean i.e. "I forts commend you..."

and what does "Vassilate" mean?

I found [url=, but not vacilate.

For the last week or so I have had to stop myself a few times using the word 'insulant'.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[url=

([url= is another word for found.[/url])

Insulant is just a made up word.

I couldn't help it.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

i STILL dnt know what vassilate means!!

btw on my Uni work my professor write "I forts commend you on such a great piece of work, blah blah blah"

what does FORTS mean? or was it a spelling error?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

btw on my Uni work my professor write "I forts commend you on such a great piece of work, blah blah blah"

From Admin's link:

Quote:
vacillate

verb

1. To move back and forth or from side to side, as if about to fall: sway, teeter, totter, waver, weave, wobble. See repetition.
2. To be irresolute in acting or doing: dither, falter, halt[size=11]²[/size], hesitate, pause, shilly-shally, stagger, waver, wobble. See decide/hesitate.
3. To change one's attitudes or policies, for example: swing, waver. [i]See[/i] change/persist, decide/hesitate.

Forts in that context seems to be a spelling error or something misread. But you got commended.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

gotta say my typing is terrible. My right hand seems to type faster than my left... or is the other way round?

no idea what forts is though.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

noun
Etymology: Middle English forte, from Anglo-French fort, [b]from fort, adjective, strong,[/b] from Latin fortis
Date: 15th century
1: a strong or fortified place; especially : a fortified place occupied only by troops and surrounded with such works as a ditch, rampart, and parapet : fortification
2: a permanent army post — often used in place names

[url=

Maybe he means that he STRONGLY commends you on your work..? Biggrin

"Admin" wrote:

For the last week or so I have had to stop myself a few times using the word 'insulant'.

Oh dear :? Heres a new word instead..? :shock: :o

[b]ASININE[/b]

Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin asininus, from asinus ass
Date: 15th century
1 : extremely or utterly foolish
2 : of, relating to, or resembling an as-s (donkey)

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

The word "sanction" is of a type called a contronym or antagonym, having two virtually opposite meanings. By one definition to sanction means to boycott, and by another definition, to permit or approve. My word of the day is [url=.

[img]